SportsWrath

Last Man Standing Pool

jranieli

Who do you guys like this week. I have already taken Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Carolina, Dallas, Giants. I do not take away teams and tend to stay away from divisional games. Here is what matchups I am looking at but with one divisional game. Teams I like are in bold.

Miami at Cleveland

Carolina at Arizona

Oakland at San Diego

New Orleans at Seattle

Miami is terrible and Cleveland isn't great but they are a better team. The Fins defense stinks

Carolina starting QB is done and Arizona is playing good but how trustworthy is Warner?

San Diego might be best bet but a divisional game. I tend to stay away but this one might be a lock

New Orleans stinks this year but I am not to fond of Seattle. I will probably stay away from this game.

Seattle might be missing their top 2 receivers this week. If I was a betting man, and I am, I'd pick SD to keep rolling against Oakland.

How does your pool work?

You just get to pick one team a week and if they win you move on. $30 bucks per person. I believe there were originally 300 people who started and it is down to 40 now. San Diego's loss a few weeks back took out 120 people. I don't know how the money is distributed.

You just get to pick one team a week and if they win you move on. $30 bucks per person. I believe there were originally 300 people who started and it is down to 40 now. San Diego's loss a few weeks back took out 120 people. I don't know how the money is distributed.

Can you only pick each team once?

tomorrow afternoon is the deadline. I am really looking at Arizona right now and San Diego.

I would look at the Browns and Miami Game again Trent Green is out and Cleo Lemon is starting I am not to sure how good Lemon is . But since Derick Andrews has started for the browns they only lost to the Raiders (would of won if Kiffin had not called a time out just before the browns FG att to win the game kick was good, next attempt was blocked) and the Patriots.

here is the deal though the Dolphins are at 0-5 and will win a game but no one knows who it will be against (lets not see it come out of London ;) ) or they may not get a win until november.

I say the Browns Win this week.

Take the Browns. They're on a roll. So far they've outscored the Bengals in a shootout, and scored the most points against the behemoth Pats. They're due to win and will against a team that can't keep up with the points.

The way I see it you have two choices. Well really four but here is how I break it down:

Cleveland is going to beat Miami. Miami downright sucks.

Carolina has no QB, they are going to lose.

Those are your locks. You wanna keep playing choose one of them.

Oakland SD is a tough call. SD has blown until the last game where they came alive. Chances are they continue that trend. Talent-wise SD blows Oakland out of the water.

NO Seattle is another tough call. NO HAS to win eventually. Seattle is coming off a bitter loss. I would pick Seattle here.

The point of a game like the one you are in is to outlast the others by picking easy winners and then being lucky enough that your knowledge about the league gives you the insight to pick the tough winners down the line. I would go with Arizona over Carolina. Proven MVP QB vs whoever Carolina can drudge up.....stay alive in the league. Besides which you can only use Arizona once and this as sure a lock as you will get with them.

I would look at the Browns and Miami Game again Trent Green is out and Cleo Lemon is starting I am not to sure how good Lemon is . But since Derick Andrews has started for the browns they only lost to the Raiders (would of won if Kiffin had not called a time out just before the browns FG att to win the game kick was good, next attempt was blocked) and the Patriots.

here is the deal though the Dolphins are at 0-5 and will win a game but no one knows who it will be against (lets not see it come out of London ;) ) or they may not get a win until november.

I say the Browns Win this week.

I would pick CLEVELAND. Not only because theyve played decent and theyre playing a pathetic Miami, but because thier QB is derek ANDERSON.

I would pick CLEVELAND. Not only because theyve played decent and theyre playing a pathetic Miami, but because thier QB is derek ANDERSON.

LOL did I say that? LOL wow I even have him as my starter in the Sportswrath league Damn I dont even know my QB's name????? no wonder I am the Miami Dolphins of Sportwrath :brooding: :P

LOL did I say that? LOL wow I even have him as my starter in the Sportswrath league Damn I dont even know my QB's name????? no wonder I am the Miami Dolphins of Sportwrath :brooding: :P

LOL...Its OK, it just takes some time to remember key players like your QB. Im just lucky I have such a remarkable QB on my team. Thats why I never forget Peyton Mansons name.

:P

I already picked San Diego. I just didn't know who to take and the deadline was yesterday at 5. I wanted to go with Cleveland but the last two weeks I took a chance and I just don't see San Diego losing this one. Next week possible Seattle over St. Louis.

LOL...Its OK, it just takes some time to remember key players like your QB. Im just lucky I have such a remarkable QB on my team. Thats why I never forget Peyton Mansons name.

:P

I have been adding and dropping so many players :brooding: Brees is my main QB but he sucks dog balls right now .I want to start breese cause you know he will have that game where he will get it back together but you just dont know when that game will be.So I started DEREK (Anderson/Andrews) instead , Maybe he is the next "Bret FAVOR" :P

I have been adding and dropping so many players :brooding: Brees is my main QB but he sucks dog balls right now .I want to start breese cause you know he will have that game where he will get it back together but you just dont know when that game will be.So I started DEREK (Anderson/Andrews) instead , Maybe he is the next "Bret FAVOR" :P

LMAO!!! Maybe!