SportsWrath

Jay Fiedler As Our Back-up QB???

Plax 4 Prez

Jay Fiedler, a guy who was never known as anything more than an overachieving backup with an average arm is coming off major shoulder surgery. There is no part of this guy I want. F him, he had his chance last year and chose the Jets, thank you very much, but no thank you.

Jay Fiedler, a guy who was never known as anything more than an overachieving backup with an average arm is coming off major shoulder surgery. There is no part of this guy I want. F him, he had his chance last year and chose the Jets, thank you very much, but no thank you.

:o:clap:

If Fiedler has completely healed and isn't asking for too much i think EA should pull the trigger. We are talking about a proven player(Fiedler) vs. and unproven player(Hass). Let them battle it out in pre-season. I'm pretty sure Fiedler would win :worshippy:

If Fiedler has completely healed and isn't asking for too much i think EA should pull the trigger. We are talking about a proven player(Fiedler) vs. and unproven player(Hass). Let them battle it out in pre-season. I'm pretty sure Fiedler would win :worshippy:

I think so too...

Guest Floyd The Barber

if Jay Fiedler is pursued, then signed, everything the FAB 4 had predicted thus far will come to fruition...we are not HUGE Fielder supporters, but he is a much better QB than Hasselback, and could make serious push come camp as #1...

when he begins throwing and proving his athleticsm, it will be hard to hide the fact that he has more going for him at this exact moment than Eli...

the question would be, do you play a guy just because he is supposed to be your QB, or a guy who deserves to be your QB and would better compliment your team as a whole ??

Guest Lockhart
if Jay Fiedler is pursued, then signed, everything the FAB 4 had predicted thus far will come to fruition...we are not HUGE Fielder supporters, but he is a much better QB than Hasselback, and could make serious push come camp as #1...

when he begins throwing and proving his athleticsm, it will be hard to hide the fact that he has more going for him at this exact moment than Eli...

the question would be, do you play a guy just because he is supposed to be your QB, or a guy who deserves to be your QB and would better compliment your team as a whole ??

Fiedler can move, and is a veteran who one quite a few games. He isn't weak-armed or scared in the pocket like all Mannings are - especially in meaningful games. Fiedler will be signed for a lesser amount as a "backup" QB, but will soon move into the starting slot as Eli continues to fail in the 2006 season. If not Fiedler, some other veteran - ANY veteran is an improvement over the scared Hillbilly now at starting QB for the Giants.

Fiedler can move, and is a veteran who one quite a few games. He isn't weak-armed or scared in the pocket like all Mannings are - especially in meaningful games. Fiedler will be signed for a lesser amount as a "backup" QB, but will soon move into the starting slot as Eli continues to fail in the 2006 season. If not Fiedler, some other veteran - ANY veteran is an improvement over the scared Hillbilly now at starting QB for the Giants.

Sorry to break the news to you, but no matter what Eli will be the starter and leader of this team.... Eli has done more in his first two years than Feidler has done his whole miserable career.... I would love to have more along the line of Culpepper because not only is he mobile, but he's aware of his surroundings, and if you can get open he'll get the ball to you... but unless we got someone who has already proved to be better and cost effective, plus young, there is no way in hell we would ever think of letting anyone challenage Eli for the starting position... just watch, Eli will get better, but I would like to have a Culpepper or a Mcnabb type QB...

Guest Floyd The Barber

camp will speak for itself...when whoever the Giants decide to bring in as the Veteran, it will be hard to hide facts from fiction, and if he performs better than Eli there is no reason why he should not be starting over him...its for the better of the team

camp will speak for itself...when whoever the Giants decide to bring in as the Veteran, it will be hard to hide facts from fiction, and if he performs better than Eli there is no reason why he should not be starting over him...its for the better of the team

Dude, it's only Eli's 3rd year.... leave him alone until he proves himself not to be a worthy qb for this team... and not by your standards, but by the Giants standards

Guest Lockhart
Dude, it's only Eli's 3rd year.... leave him alone until he proves himself not to be a worthy qb for this team... and not by your standards, but by the Giants standards

Eli already proved that in his late season collapse in 2005 and his utter failure in the playoffs - the Saints want a QB and Eli would be fantastic trade bait, especially with the new salary cap. This would be the best move for the Giants, but Ernie is incapable of thinking in the best interests of the Giants - the selections of Dayne and Joseph in the first round proves that.

Edited by Lockhart

No what would be better for the team is to let the 2nd going on 3rd year QB work out some of his very minor problem...Bringing in a vet to start would do nothing for this year or the future....It takes a QB 2 - 3 years to really know a system....I dont care if its Dan F/n Marino he would have to learn the system! And while this Vet is Learning the system our FRANCHISE QB is on the Bench...If you really think we could bring in anyone and have them start over Eli your more of an idiot then I would have ever guessed

ESPN Insider on Fiedler

In reality, Fiedler is close to the end of the line. He struggled in the little playing time he had last season, and it appeared the game was moving at a much faster pace then he was. He is smart, savvy and competes, but his physical skills have really diminished over the past few years. A team still might be willing to take a chance on him as a backup, because he is a veteran who brings experience and at least gives you a chance if he has to come off the bench to play.

Yeah...Thats the guy I want taking our QB spot over Eli :rolleyes:

Eli already proved that in his late season collapse in 2005 and his utter failure in the playoffs - the Saints want a QB and Eli would be fantastic trade bait, especially with the new salary cap. This would be the best move for the Giants, but Ernie is incapable of thinking in the best interests of the Giants - the selections of Dayne and Joseph in the first round proves that.

you need a little more than that to bench or trade your 1st round pick QB... do you seriously know how dumb you would look if the Giants agreed with your request, and traded Eli and the year they trade him, he has a unbelievable year... let him prove himself good, if he proves himself to be bad then we'll keep HIM as a #2 qb..

Guest Floyd The Barber
you need a little more than that to bench or trade your 1st round pick QB... do you seriously know how dumb you would look if the Giants agreed with your request, and traded Eli and the year they trade him, he has a unbelievable year... let him prove himself good, if he proves himself to be bad then we'll keep HIM as a #2 qb..

we are not requesting a trade here...if a viable Vet. QB comes into camp and outperforms Eli there is no reason why, for the benefit of the team, the Vet. shouldnt get the nod...

do you want to win a Superbowl this year ?? or wait for years until Eli is old enough to grow a beard and board planes without a permission slip ??

we are not requesting a trade here...if a viable Vet. QB comes into camp and outperforms Eli there is no reason why, for the benefit of the team, the Vet. shouldnt get the nod...

do you want to win a Superbowl this year ?? or wait for years until Eli is old enough to grow a beard and board planes without a permission slip ??

No what would be better for the team is to let the 2nd going on 3rd year QB work out some of his very minor problem...Bringing in a vet to start would do nothing for this year or the future....It takes a QB 2 - 3 years to really know a system....I dont care if its Dan F/n Marino he would have to learn the system! And while this Vet is Learning the system our FRANCHISE QB is on the Bench...If you really think we could bring in anyone and have them start over Eli your more of an idiot then I would have ever guessed

ESPN Insider on Fiedler

In reality, Fiedler is close to the end of the line. He struggled in the little playing time he had last season, and it appeared the game was moving at a much faster pace then he was. He is smart, savvy and competes, but his physical skills have really diminished over the past few years. A team still might be willing to take a chance on him as a backup, because he is a veteran who brings experience and at least gives you a chance if he has to come off the bench to play.

Yeah...Thats the guy I want taking our QB spot over Eli :rolleyes:

Guest Floyd The Barber

no one person is above an entire team...if the guy behind him is better suited, he WILL play...

Call yourself a Giants fan !

Is there anybody in our team or our organisation that you don't dislike

I actually think sometimes that you want us to fail

Presumably you enjoyed the 4-12 and 6-10 seasons !

You are probably longing for Eli to be benched after losing the first 2 games of the season

You are probably wishing that Feely misses a few short kicks and gets cut

You just post whatever makes BarneyFloyd happy anyway !

God it's pathetic

Go away and worship Ben

no one person is above an entire team...if the guy behind him is better suited, he WILL play...

What don't you get? ANY QB brought in this year will not be "better suited" they will not have the knowledge of the system Eli does...Are you that stupid? Do I need to draw you a picture?

You know what.. I totally agree with you.... even if we drafted a 5th round QB, if he deserves the spot like a Tom Brady did over Drew Bledsoe over in NE.. but even that only happened because of injury... I do agree with you, but you can't seriously tell me Eli didn't have a HUGE change from last year.... of course I want us to win the SB, but don't be so quick to judge...

Guest Floyd The Barber

if you remember back to the very first few games of the season, Eli looked completely horrible...he was shakey, he was erratic, and his passes, particularly his under routes and outs were terribly off...towards midseason he improved, and had a handful of OK games...then around week 8, what ever improvements he had made disappeared, and never returned...

the playbook was condensed at this point, and when we needed him to JUST PLAY error free football he couldnt...he was terrible...then came our playoff appearance...we would of been better off with Lorenzen playing just because of the athletiscm factor...

Guest Carbo
I would love to have more along the line of Culpepper because not only is he mobile, but he's aware of his surroundings, and if you can get open he'll get the ball to you... but unless we got someone who has already proved to be better and cost effective, plus young, there is no way in hell we would ever think of letting anyone challenage Eli for the starting position... just watch, Eli will get better, but I would like to have a Culpepper or a Mcnabb type QB...
Ah, yes, the myth of the Great Black Athlete as QB. Dante Culpepper? Why? For all the hype about his athleticism and size, what has he done? He's on pace to set the Guiness Book of World Records for Most Fumbles By A QB. His knee was completely blown out last year. Before the injury he was playing as if he had never set foot on a football field. Throw in his off the field behavior issues, and the man can stay the hell in the Great North Woods for all I care.