SportsWrath

You gotta understand....

BIGBLUE01

Its gonna take awhile, if in fact Tiki is this ego monger, for my love for the guy to wear off. I honestly believe that this is not as bad as it seems, but I seem to be the minority around here. Maybe Im missin somethin. Ive bled Giant Blue for as long as I can remember, and Tiki has a fond place in my heart, esp. after this comment about 2 years ago when asked, "if the Giants wanted you to take a pay cut to sign another good player, what would you say?"

TIKI-" If they want me to take a pay cut, I take the cut. Im a Giant for life."(or thats as close as I remember, but its real close)

I understand, and I know i'm coming off as a Tiki hater, but I've always loved Tiki. I watched him play at UVA and was a huge fan then, seeing him drafted by my Giants was euphoric for me.....I just find the last year of his career/post career, to be completely unacceptable. i don't blame him a bit for pursuing other opportunities, but I have no respect for the guy after his repeated attempts to put himself above the team. By that I mean blasting ex teammates and current coaches. Shockey did it once, but i don't feel his comment was a calculated and cold as Tiki's.

Its gonna take awhile, if in fact Tiki is this ego monger, for my love for the guy to wear off. I honestly believe that this is not as bad as it seems, but I seem to be the minority around here. Maybe Im missin somethin. Ive bled Giant Blue for as long as I can remember, and Tiki has a fond place in my heart, esp. after this comment about 2 years ago when asked, "if the Giants wanted you to take a pay cut to sign another good player, what would you say?"

TIKI-" If they want me to take a pay cut, I take the cut. Im a Giant for life."(or thats as close as I remember, but its real close)

Stop it. Tiki never took a pay cut and never declined an interview. ALl his work as a player was based on what he wanted after football. Guy is a blowhard and apparently his ex mates seem to agree.

I don't think that the comments made during the halftime show were as bad as people are making them out to be. In fact, I hear a lot of people taking what Collinsworth said and claiming that it came out of Barber's mouth. As far as his "comical" comment goes, there's more to it than what's coming out. Tiki said that Eli felt wierd giving the team speeches while veteran guys like Strahan, Toomer and himself were still in the locker room and that it looked awkward and kind of funny. The "ten other QBs" comment was made by Collinsworth and HE started naming QBs that he thought were better than Eli, and Tiki agreed with some and gave explanations as to why. For example: Collinsworth brought up Roethlisberger and Tiki said that it wasn't his skill that won a Super Bowl... it was his leadership and that Eli needs to get there. That's what an analyst does. Just because he played with Eli doesn't mean he has to call Eli the best QB in the NFL ever. He also said that he believed that Eli had what it took to take the Giants to the next level and that not having him (Tiki) around would actually benefit Eli more than hurt him.

Now as far as the comments made by Tiki and Ronde on his show, from what I've heard it was complete bullshit. First and foremost, Ronde has no business commenting on this situation. He had nothing to do with it. Tiki should've left the situation where it was and go on talking about something else. He's at fault for trying to get in the final word and making the situation worse. Now Peyton is involved and he's calling out all of the ex-NFL players. It didn't have to get this far.

My opinion of Tiki Barber the New York Giant will never change. He's the greatest RB we've ever had on our team, regardless of what anyone thinks. However, Tiki Barber the person needs to grow the hell up and not act like an asshole.

I don't think that the comments made during the halftime show were as bad as people are making them out to be. In fact, I hear a lot of people taking what Collinsworth said and claiming that it came out of Barber's mouth. As far as his "comical" comment goes, there's more to it than what's coming out. Tiki said that Eli felt wierd giving the team speeches while veteran guys like Strahan, Toomer and himself were still in the locker room and that it looked awkward and kind of funny. The "ten other QBs" comment was made by Collinsworth and HE started naming QBs that he thought were better than Eli, and Tiki agreed with some and gave explanations as to why. For example: Collinsworth brought up Roethlisberger and Tiki said that it wasn't his skill that won a Super Bowl... it was his leadership and that Eli needs to get there. That's what an analyst does. Just because he played with Eli doesn't mean he has to call Eli the best QB in the NFL ever. He also said that he believed that Eli had what it took to take the Giants to the next level and that not having him (Tiki) around would actually benefit Eli more than hurt him.

Now as far as the comments made by Tiki and Ronde on his show, from what I've heard it was complete bullshit. First and foremost, Ronde has no business commenting on this situation. He had nothing to do with it. Tiki should've left the situation where it was and go on talking about something else. He's at fault for trying to get in the final word and making the situation worse. Now Peyton is involved and he's calling out all of the ex-NFL players. It didn't have to get this far.

My opinion of Tiki Barber the New York Giant will never change. He's the greatest RB we've ever had on our team, regardless of what anyone thinks. However, Tiki Barber the person needs to grow the hell up and not act like an asshole.

I don't think you'll find anyone on here that will disagree with that. Its not just this latest drama though, thats what people forget...Its the entire offseason and even back into last season that people are sick of, Tiki won't shut up about the Giants and very little of what he has to say is positive.

Fuck Tiki I says...

Stop it. Tiki never took a pay cut and never declined an interview. ALl his work as a player was based on what he wanted after football. Guy is a blowhard and apparently his ex mates seem to agree.

I didnt say he took a pay cut, I said when asked about what he would do, he said he'd take the cut to remain a Giant, because thats the right thing to do. It was in reference to another NFL player who was refusing to restructure his contract. I cant remmeber who. And I would bet large amounts of money that all of his play was not based on what he wanted after football, thats absurd. Im sure he did have after football life in his mind while playing, who wouldnt? But ALL his work?? C'mon.

I loved and defended Tiki for MANY years. He was our foundation. Thats what makes this all the worse. To find that I've been supporting a arrogent jackass this whole time. A person who thinks nothing of throwing his team mates and coaches under the bus, then acts like a 5 year old when someone try's to defend themselfs aginst his negitive comments. Fuck TV Barber

Tiki is ungrateful fuck. It's that simple. It's he who should be grateful to us fans, to the organization and to his teammates.. especially that offensive line that opened up holes for him.

I'm sorry, it doesn't take long for me to spot the snake. I have as much desdain for Tiki now as I've had for Plax for his lack of heart.. actually more now for Tiki. And as always I will stand by Eli till I'm 6 feet under.

And do you know who among all these Giants should have that special place in our hearts? How about Toomer? The classiest, quietest, hardest working, most reliable, humble, ... Fucking A dude.. I love that guy. He's a good human being and a damn good player.

Tiki now is in the same class as Deon Sanders (I can't stand yappers).

I loved and defended Tiki for MANY years. He was our foundation. Thats what makes this all the worse. To find that I've been supporting an arrogent jackass this whole time. A person who thinks nothing of throwing his team mates and coaches under the bus, then acts like a 5 year old when someone try's to defend themselfs aginst his negitive comments. Fuck TV Barber

BINGO!!!!

Tiki is ungrateful fuck. It's that simple. It's he who should be grateful to us fans, to the organization and to his teammates.. especially that offensive line that opened up holes for him.

I'm sorry, it doesn't take long for me to spot the snake. I have as much desdain for Tiki now as I've had for Plax for his lack of heart.. actually more now for Tiki. And as always I will stand by Eli till I'm 6 feet under.

And do you know who among all these Giants should have that special place in our hearts? How about Toomer? The classiest, quietest, hardest working, most reliable, humble, ... Fucking A dude.. I love that guy. He's a good human being and a damn good player.

Tiki now is in the same class as Deon Sanders (I can't stand yappers).

We arent talking about Toomer, this thread is about Tiki. Im just being honest about how I view Tiki.

Toomer is the mutha fuckin man!!!