SportsWrath

DT Kendrick Clancy signs with Arizona

Goliath

They WAY overpayed for him.

He wasn't that much of an impact player, just somewhat above average.

We shouldn't worry about it at all, as William Joseph should come to play this year. We just need to draft a good DT or sign one in FA. THe giants would have never given Clancy that kind of money anyway. Good riddance!

Guest nosebleed

This should be of extreme concern. Ernie should forget about that malcontent Arrrington and immediately begin a search for a QUALITY DT.

Clancy played very well last year and his loss will hurt. Right now, a starting unit of Robbins and Joseph is frightening. As a matter of fact, Ernie should sign a DT and draft one with his first or second pick and kick that waste of space (#94), to the curb.

This should be of extreme concern. Ernie should forget about that malcontent Arrrington and immediately begin a search for a QUALITY DT.

Clancy played very well last year and his loss will hurt. Right now, a starting unit of Robbins and Joseph is frightening. As a matter of fact, Ernie should sign a DT and draft one with his first or second pick and kick that waste of space (#94), to the curb.

Did you really want the Giants to overpay for Clancy, who didn't have a job at thw start of 04, was a backup in Pittsburgh, and had 1 good year in New York?

4 year 8.1 million. No mention of what the signing bonus was. That's not an expensive deal. I'm curious as to what the Giants were offering as I would've been OK with Clancy getting this contract from us. That said, this is a deep free agent class at the Defensive Tackle position. Provided we move quickly we can find a suitable replacement or rent an older guy for a seson or two. I would've loved to see us get Kemoeatu but Carolina just signed him.

Arrington is scheduled to visit the Giants on the 12th.

4 year 8.1 million. No mention of what the signing bonus was. That's not an expensive deal. I'm curious as to what the Giants were offering as I would've been OK with Clancy getting this contract from us. That said, this is a deep free agent class at the Defensive Tackle position. Provided we move quickly we can find a suitable replacement or rent an older guy for a seson or two. I would've loved to see us get Kemoeatu but Carolina just signed him.

Arrington is scheduled to visit the Giants on the 12th.

2 million dollar signing bonus.

Not a bad deal, but a bidding ear of Clancy. Pass.

We have 2 stud DE's maybe the best in the NFL and we have a mediocre middle D line.

With Clancy gone we need a FA stud and a strong pick in the draft.

yes we need a LB but not arrington lets find the LB in the draft and buy a Saftey

to compliment Wilson.

The giants need a DT in the worst way now!

:cwy:

Guest Nutty Sack

I am sick to my stomach. This just makes our DT needs more critical then ever. EA better get on the stick and get us help up the middle. Kendrick was heads above anything we had and that's not saying much. Right now I would say we have no DT's !! I'm now leaning toward signing Lavar and making our number one pick a DT.

This is devestating.............

Guest Nutty Sack
Are you kidding me you fucking idiot? Get off the boards, dipshit.

Go back to playing with that make believe hero fruit of yours Fireman Ed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Nutty Sack
Cut it with the obsession you fucking fairy.

The very sad epitamy of a Jet fan........."Fireman Ed".

Giants | Team to meet with Demps

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:34:52 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the New York Giants will meet with free agent S Will Demps (Ravens) Monday, March 13.

Giants | Team interested in McCree

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:01:48 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the New York Giants are interested in free agent S Marlon McCree (Panthers), if he does not sign with the San Diego Chargers, according to a spokesman in the office of agent Gary Uberstine.

Giants | Team to visit with McQuarters

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:11:12 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports free agent CB R.W. McQuarters (Lions) will visit with the New York Giants Sunday, March 12.

I wonder if they have any DTs on their radar?