SportsWrath

DT Kendrick Clancy signs with Arizona

Goliath

Anyone intrigued by Sam Adams?

That would remind me of a Norman Hand type signing. For short term uses only. I don't see us making that signing with two capable tackles starting and two guys with some potential in Allen and Duckett backing him up.

Clancy was good pick up last year, but i don't think he is capable of consistently producing like that. I feel Kenderick Allen has tremendous upside. When he was in last year he was around the ball on almost every play.

o first post on this new board. i was on the old one but just didn't feel like re-registering till now

Go Giants :rock:

This might actually be a good thing, because EA can't do the easy thing and stay Status Quo.

PITA? Sure, but Clancy isn't exactly irreplaceable. He had 2-3 good games, but on the whole, he wasn't out of the ordinary.

We'll see what happens.

Giants | Team contacts Pickett's agent

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:23:08 -0800

Mike Garafolo, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Giants have contacted the agent for free agent DT Ryan Pickett (Rams).

Giants | Team contacts Bernard's agent

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:21:48 -0800

Mike Garafolo, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Giants have contacted agent Gary Uberstine regarding free agent DT Rocky Bernard (Seahawks).

Hopefully they can get a meeting with those two.

But I don't know much about Ryan Pickett.

Hopefully they can get a meeting with those two.

But I don't know much about Ryan Pickett.

Don't know much about either Bernard or Pickett, but from what I can tell, both would be equivalent to or better than the departed Clancy.

Pickett was a former first round pick of the Rams and never lived up to potential. For a stretch he even had a hard time cracking the starting lineup. However he came on last season and actually played some good ball. The talent and potential are there but so far his career has followed the path of an underachiever.

Bernard has a high motor and is coming off his best season as a pro. He'll have plenty of suitors. I don't think we're a favorite in that race but it sure would be nice.

Pickett was a former first round pick of the Rams and never lived up to potential. For a stretch he even had a hard time cracking the starting lineup. However he came on last season and actually played some good ball. The talent and potential are there but so far his career has followed the path of an underachiever.

Bernard has a high motor and is coming off his best season as a pro. He'll have plenty of suitors. I don't think we're a favorite in that race but it sure would be nice.

Thanks. Would love to see Bernard - 8.5 sacks last season in Seattle, but he could very well be out of the price range. Then again, if he realizes that he'll be lining up with arguably the best DE combination leaguewide in Strahan and Umenyiora, that could be awfully tempting for him.

Guest Nutty Sack

Bernard is the guy we need desperately. If I'm EA he becomes our main FA target now!! Then get a serviceable CB and be done. All other work gets completed through the draft.

Bernard is the guy we need desperately. If I'm EA he becomes our main FA target now!! Then get a serviceable CB and be done. All other work gets completed through the draft.

Bernard will demand a lot of money, considering the contract Clancy got and Bernard is one of the best DT's in the game. What serviceable CB do you want? McQuarters?

If you were EA, the Giants would be in fuckin shambles.