SportsWrath

Let's take a poll - With the 20th pick of the 2007 draft

charlietags

:LMAO: Yes and those top notch QB's they've had...

thats really a poor arguement when you consider what Roy Willliams did there last year and what the immortal Mike Furrey did, a converted SS who caught 89 balls last year.

You're right, I'm lying.

Linkage

Depends on where you look.

Talent and obsession: Rice blended them into a feared package. His 4.5-second speed for 40 yards, moderate for the pros, proved to be misleading. Rice, 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds, had brilliant game speed, breakaway speed, which made him the deep threat the 49ers wanted. But he also made the important third-down receptions, often turning short routes into big gains.
Link

In the 40-yard dash he ran in the 4.4 range, which is excellent. Even with that good of a number, the report felt that Rice, "Plays better and runs better in game and on practice field than his 40 time. He has pro speed."

Link

Jarret will be a good player in the league, but not one that warranted reaching in the first round. Had the Giants traded down with Cleveland a case could have been made to get him, but I think the difference in the type of defensive player they needed as opposed to the difference in type of 2nd round Wr's they had to choose from was too great to do so.

Okay, I'll be the first to say it. The 40 yard dash is probably the most overrated concept at the combine.

Emmit Smith ran a 4.71, he is a hall of famer. Blair Thomas ran a 4.4

Rarely is any one player running 40 yards in a straight line, sure speed kills, but only if you have hands.

Something Tim Carter and Jamaar Taylor never had.

Okay, I'll be the first to say it. The 40 yard dash is probably the most overrated concept at the combine.

Rarely is any one player running 40 yards in a straight line, sure speed kills, but only if you have hands.

It was not Tims fault, apparently not only was he not able to catch a cold, but he was also legally blind.

I agree, but Carter actually did help us streytch the field a few times, teams new he would run a streak, they just didn't have to worry about him catching it often.

He couldn't catch AIDS if he were in a Sudanese whore house.

He had so many drops and big third down ones too. that one last year against Dallas was a killer. I will always remember the play he made in Philly though this past year, at least he played hard. Or maybe he was so use to seeing the ball on the ground when it was thrown to him it was jus natural to recover that Plax fumble.

He had so many drops and big third down ones too. that one last year against Dallas was a killer. I will always remember the play he made in Philly though this past year, at least he played hard. Or maybe he was so use to seeing the ball on the ground when it was thrown to him it was jus natural to recover that Plax fumble.

Agreed.

A Jets fan friend of mine said that Eli Manning is not a top 15-20 QB in the NFL and that

the Tennessee game was his fault.

Agreed.

A Jets fan friend of mine said that Eli Manning is not a top 15-20 QB in the NFL and that

the Tennessee game was his fault.

Jets fans :LMAO:

They are booking rooms for the first weeken in FEB out in Arizona as we speak.

Umm, Taylor had great hands. He just never recover from his knee injury.

I don't think you guys understand what I'm saying... Again, I'm not saying we have to have the fastest guys in every position. All I'm saying is we need to add more speed to the team. Meaning, if we had a set speedy WR already. Then yes, drafting Dwayne Jerrett would make sense.

Our secondary, is one of the slowest (one of the reasons why we so bad in pass coverage.) in the league. Does this mean by having a pair of 4.3 cornerback will solve our pass coverage problems? no, of course not. But it will limit the amount of big play this secondary usually give up.