SportsWrath

New York Giants Madden Franchise Thread!

Reaper

NewYorkPostLogo.jpg

Interview with Giants G.M. Jerry Reese

The New York Post asked and was granted an interview with the New York Football Giants new Senior Vice President and General Manager, Jerry Reese. We spoke about many topics ranging from his background with the organization, Tiki Barber's Retirement, the current state of the team and the future of the Giants.

NYP: So how long have you been with the organization?

JR: I've been with the organization since 1994, starting as an area scout and working my way up to Assistant Director of Pro Personnel in 1999 and then Director of Player Personnel in 2002.

NYP: What’s the best piece of advice Ernie Accorsi gave you on dealing with agents? Or the media?

JR: Respect the media, respect the agents. It’s a working relationship with everybody, but myself, as far as the media goes, it’s not about me. It’s about our football team and preparing and building to get ready to win championships. That’s my only goal here, guys, is to help build this team, help Coach Coughlin to win championships.

NYP: How will you go about replacing Tiki Barber and have you tried to talk him out of retirement?

JR: There is no replacing Tiki, he was a special player and yes I tried to talk him out of retirement but his mind was set and I have to respect that. We will examine all possibilities with free agency or the draft and we will see what players we feel can help us best fill that void.

NYP: Are you pleased with the current state of the team?

JR: That's a tough question only because we still have free agency and the draft to finish developing this team. I had to make some tough decisions by releasing Luke Petitgout, Chad Morton, Carlos Emmons and LaVar Arrington but felt that it will help us in the future. And I feel that Eli’s progress right now is not where we want him to be. We want him to be a Pro Bowl guy that can lead us into the Super Bowl. That’s our goal and that’s what we’re going to do with Eli. He’s our quarterback and we’re going to go forward with him, we’re going to evaluate him and see what other things we can do to help him in this process.

NYP: What do you see in the future of the Giants?

JR: Wow! What do you think I will say? Of course I want to say that the Giants will be a complete success and that we will have no set backs and win multiple Super Bowls but I know that even winning one Super Bowl takes plenty of hard work and some luck as well. I will take one year at a time and at the end of each year I will evaluate and see how we can become better no matter our record or status in the league.

NYP: Well we want to thank you for your time and wish you the very best.

JR: Thank you, and I'll promise you that I'll have an open door policy for my coaches, players and the media so if you need to ask those important questions, just ask me.

NYP: Ok we'll hold you to that promise and again thank you and good luck with the development of the team.

NewYorkPostLogo.jpg

D-Day for many New York Giants!

"There were many decisions to be made this past week but I feel that the nine players that were given new contracts will help this franchise succeed with our goals. But not all decisions were happy ones, we will be announcing the release of ten more players today as well. We have targeted certain free agents and needed the salary cap room to help us clear not only free agency but the draft as well and some of it was just wanting to go in a new direction. First allow me to announce those that will remain New York Giants:

1. LE-Michael Strahan signed a 3 year deal worth 22.6 million with a bonus of 6.12 million.

2. RE-Osi Umenyiora signed a 6 year deal worth 32.4 million with a bonus of 7.86 million.

3. TE-Jeremy Shockey signed a 6 year deal worth 24.5 million with a bonus of 7.26 million.

4. C-Shaun O'Hara signed a 6 year deal worth 13.4 million with a bonus of 3.06 million.

5. LG-David Diehl signed a 4 year deal worth 11.9 million with a bonus of 3.5 million.

6. QB-Jared Lorenzen signed a 5 year deal worth 2.6 million.

7. MLB-Chase Blackburn signed a 5 year deal worth 3.8 million with a bonus of 400k.

8. C-Grey Ruegamer signed a 5 year deal worth 7.9 million with a bonus of 2.1 million.

9. TE-Visanthe Shiancoe signed a 4 year deal worth 2.7 million with a bonus of 320k.

The coaching staff felt that these players would fit well into the system that they want to run this year and I am thrilled that they agreed to remain New York Giants. Jeff Feagles today announced his retirement and has filed his papers with league officials and we wish him the very best for him and his family. At times we have to remind ourselves that the business side of the game is just as important as the family aspect and that is what makes this tough but the following players will not be offered new contracts and have been released:

1. ROLB-Brandon Short, 2. RT-Lewis Kelly, 3. WR-Willie Ponder, 4. CB-Frank Walker, 5. CB-Curtis Deloatch, 6. DT-Damane Duckett, 7. RG-Julius Franklin, 8. FS-James Butler, 9. LE-Adrian Awasom and 10. LOLB-Eric Moore

We now turn 100% of our focus towards free agency and the draft, we have some holes to fill and will wait to see what the other teams do with their rosters. The most important thing to do is to sign or draft players that you feel will fit into your system so my coaches have plenty of input into what we will do. Free Agency is coming up quickly and we have about a month or so till draft day so I have plenty of work ahead of me, so ladies and gentlemen my time is up and I'm out of here, Thank you!" G.M. Jerry Reese

giantsblanket.jpgFree Agent Signings

"We are pleased to announce that we were able to sign five free agents this past week. These are not just quality players but quality people and I am glad that they felt our team was the best choice for them and their families. Allow me to announce each player and why I felt the need to have them here.

1. LG-Ryan Lilji was signed to a 4 year deal worth 5.52 million with a signing bonus of 960k. The offensive line is an area that we wanted more depth and with this signing we also feel that Ryan can help the development of Eli Manning. After years of protecting Peyton Manning now he has the chance of doing it for Eli and we liked that idea.

2. LT-Adam Goldberg was signed to a 4 year deal worth 4.96 million with a signing bonus of 730k. Again adding depth was a concern and Adam will be given a shot to earn the starting role at left tackle. Standing at 6-7, 330 pounds we feel that he can protect Eli's blindside for years to come.

3. P-Kyle Larson was signed to a 4 year deal worth 2.44 million with a signing bonus of 440k. We know that he suffered with some leg problems last year but we have spoken with him on his form. During his physical we adjusted a minor habit of his and he was blasting the ball. We would like to thank Jeff Feagles for helping us out and he will be retained as a trainer through out the pre-season.

4. ROLB-Tommy Polley was signed to 4 year deal worth 10.37 million with a signing bonus of 2.56 million. After bouncing around the last few years we think that he just needs a stable system to be productive again. He will be our starting ROLB and we hope to see the Tommy Polley of his St.Louis Rams days.

5. CB-Domonique Foxworth was signed to a 5 year deal worth 18.63 million with a signing bonus of 2.89 million. This was a great signing, he is a young talented player that has improved each year. He signed with us because we promised him a starting position along side Corey Webster. This is the one position that we have been trying to fill for the last two years and I have decided that we will go with the young guns and allow them to grow together." G.M. Jerry Reese

Other Notable Signings Around the N.F.L.: WR-Terrell Owens to the Broncos, WR-Deion Branch to the Broncos, HB-Jamal Lewis to the Titans, CB-Nick Harper to the Chiefs, CB-Charles Woodson to the 49ers, FS-Greg Wesley to the 49ers, TE-Jerramy Stevens to the Panthers, ROLB-Kendrell Bell to the Eagles, LOLB-Lavar Arrington to the Broncos, QB-David Carr to the Packers, WR-Eric Moulds to the Patriots, RT-Kyle Turley to the Lions, SS-Cory Chavous to the Rams, LT-Luke Petitgout to the Steelers, ROLB-Carlos Emmons to the Falcons and LE-Ebenezer Ekuban to the Browns.

RBAF01GI.jpgNew York Giants 2007 Draft

1st Round, 4th Selection: LT-Joe Thomas out of Wisconsin

2nd Round, 39th Selection: HB-Darius Walker out of Notre Dame

4th Round, 112th Selection: RT-Levi Brown out of Penn State

5th Round, 144th Selection: WR-Brian Sorrells out of Clemson

5th Round, 146th Selection: FB-Samson Jagoras out of Colorado

7th Round, 208th Selection: FS-Chad Cummings out of the University of Central Florida

"We did just what we felt that we had to today. We traded our 1st Round and 3rd Rounder to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers so that we could move up and draft Joe Thomas because we think he has a tremendous ability to battle for the starting left tackle position and we picked up their 5th Rounder in which we used to draft Samson Jagoras who showed us to be a tough blocking fullback.

Drafting Darius Walker in the second round was a steal for us, we just could not believe that he was still sitting there and we knew that he would be our selection and wasted no time in announcing just that. Levi Brown, Chad Cummings and Brian Sorrells were drafted to add depth to the team but I don't see why any of these young men can not start this year or maybe next year.

We still have a few holes to fill but nothing major unless a miracle happens and from time to time things happen where another team feels the need to make cap room and another team benefits from that. We as an organization are in great shape due to the earlier moves made and we can be active players if anyone catches our eye as we sit just under 15 million dollars under the salary cap. Training Camp starts soon and I have already stressed to all our players that it is important that everyone shows up and starts working on our team goals." G.M. Jerry Reese

NewYorkPostLogo.jpg

Giants Sign D.J. Williams

williams_dj_mug.jpg

WILLIAMS AT A GLANCE:

* Helped Miami win the National Championship as a sophomore with the Hurricanes’ victory against Nebraska in the Rose Bowl.

* Selected twice (2002-03) as a Butkus Award (nation's top linebacker) semifinalist at the University of Miami, where he twice was a first-team All-Big East Conference choice.

* Became only the second Broncos rookie, the first in 32 years, to lead the team in tackles with 114 stops in 2004 en route to finishing third in NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year voting.

* Contributed to a Broncos defense in 2005 that ranked second in the NFL against the run (85.2 ypg.) and tied for third in the league in scoring defense (16.1 ppg.).

"I am pleased to announce that the Giants and D.J. Williams have come to an agreement on a 5 year contract worth 32.6 million with a signing bonus of 3.36 million. D.J. will be our starting LOLB and we are thrilled that he chose to be a New York Giant but enough from me let's hear from the newest family member, D.J. Williams." G.M. Jerry Reese

"Thank you for the warm welcome, I am proud to be part of an historic franchise such as the New York Giants and the players here made it an easy choice for me. I got calls and e-mails from Domonique Foxworth, Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Jeremy Shockey, Eli Manning and Antonio Pierce selling why I should sign here and I guess they did a good job cause here I am. I was shocked that I was released by the Broncos but after having two teammates pass away in a matter of months I guess a fresh start is what we all needed. Time to move on and focus on the future, I met with the coaches and I understand what they need from me for this team to be successful and achieve our goals. It's great to be in New York, Thank You!"

prod.jpg

Once again Reaper is here to piss all over the board.

I dont know why Bornstupid_1toomanytimes cant get it through his head to stay the fuck away. Hes got his own damn board to post lies and bullshit on , we dont need this shit here.

I just went threw and re-read the whole post

there are many things wrong with your post's

1st post

1 :the NYP or New York Post does not interview Jerry Reese , Paul Swartz of the New York post interviews Jerry Reese.

2: That whole story is not even in the New York Post when you search the archives.

3: its all made up interview by you with different parts taken from different stories.

2nd post

all these so called contract signings dont even need to be done

Strahan is good till 2008

Shockey is good trough 2011

Osi just signed a contract last year

Sean O'hara has not re-signed yet this is the Giants "take it, or leave it" offer. [6-years, $21.6 million] not the 6 year deal worth 13.4 million with a bonus of 3.06 million you claim he has signed

Chase Blackburn has not yet signed but agreed to sign a four-year, $3 million contract extension, through the 2010 season

the other guys are not due up for a contract yet

except Shiancoe and he is as good as gone.

Feagles said he would come back for 1 more year-you said he retired . are you sure you didn't get Feagles and Whitfield mixed up I know its easy to mistake a P for a LT

also these people

WR-Willie Ponder, CB-Curtis Deloatch, Julius Franklin,LOLB-Eric Moore

will peobly not get a contract offer becasue maybe just maybe they were cut last year????

3rd post

We have not signed any free agents yet no one can, not untill march 2nd .

the only "free agent " you can sign now are street free agents.

that leaves out all this crap

WR-Terrell Owens to the Broncos, WR-Deion Branch to the Broncos, HB-Jamal Lewis to the Titans, CB-Nick Harper to the Chiefs, CB-Charles Woodson to the 49ers, FS-Greg Wesley to the 49ers, TE-Jerramy Stevens to the Panthers, ROLB-Kendrell Bell to the Eagles, LOLB-Lavar Arrington to the Broncos, QB-David Carr to the Packers, WR-Eric Moulds to the Patriots, RT-Kyle Turley to the Lions, SS-Cory Chavous to the Rams, LT-Luke Petitgout to the Steelers, ROLB-Carlos Emmons to the Falcons and LE-Ebenezer Ekuban to the Browns.

4th post

tell me when the draft started? was it last week or if I am not mistaken it is APRIL 28TH

so, How did we just Draft Darius Walker in the second?

also Reese said he would not trade any 1st day picks yet you said we traded our 1st Round and 3rd Rounder to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers so that we could move up and draft Joe Thomas

5th post

D.J. Williams????? again we cant sign any free agents untill MArch 2nd > I dont even know if D.J. Williams is a Free agent.

I got calls and e-mails from Domonique Foxworth :confused:

so take your Madden Franchise and stick it up your ass and walk ...waddle away.

Lug, dude, I fell for it as well and searched all over the place looking for confirmations until I realized the title of the thread. These are 'fantasy' scenerios in Madden the video game. Reaper even posted this thread in the 'comments and critics' section. For those 'in the know' about Madden, I imagine this thread means something.

BTW, I don't know where or how you get your info/links so quickly from, but please, keep on posting the real deal bro, I check this section regularly just to see what you've dug up. Thanks for your contributions.

Well I asked Nemesis and he said to post this anywhere so I thought this would be the best place and not to throw anyone off I put the Topic Title as I did. The problem here is that some of these guys have failed to grow up and stop being the High School Bully sort of say! They saw a thread by me and wanted to bash it any way they could!

I come here every once in a while cause I still talk to a few guys here but honestly I don't have to be here as they do. I have a site of my own with over 440 members, a myspace account for my site that just opened yesterday and already has 183 members there. Nem is a great person, a great Admin just too bad that a few of his members are way below his level!

Well I asked Nemesis and he said to post this anywhere so I thought this would be the best place and not to throw anyone off I put the Topic Title as I did. The problem here is that some of these guys have failed to grow up and stop being the High School Bully sort of say! They saw a thread by me and wanted to bash it any way they could!

I come here every once in a while cause I still talk to a few guys here but honestly I don't have to be here as they do. I have a site of my own with over 440 members, a myspace account for my site that just opened yesterday and already has 183 members there. Nem is a great person, a great Admin just too bad that a few of his members are way below his level!

I didn't realize this was for a game. I thought it was you trying to spread bullshit. (thank you Bronx for pointing that out .)

You're a sad guy. You spend all you time looking for attention. And then when you don't get it, you look to spoil it for others. That's why people here don't like you. If you have another site with 440 members, then by all means, spend your time there. Most of us made it clear, we don't like you, so we won't miss you.

boohyah, I don't come here for you so you do not matter to me. It is not my fault that you failed to read the Topic Title properly or that when you posted your reply, you were drunk or high or just being an ass that you have perfected so well.

Nem can you please delete this thread and if you ever decide to have a video game section, I'll repost it so that some of these mentally challenged members stop bitching about something I cleared with you!