SportsWrath

Chad Morton Cut

Lughead

Yeah, I havent heard anything about a franchise tag on Briggs. Well, it seems they are clearing room for someone, I wouldnt mind Asante Samuel, but what are thier plans for LB if thats so? I dont know about you guys, but I like Blackburn out there. :TU:

Yeah, I havent heard anything about a franchise tag on Briggs. Well, it seems they are clearing room for someone, I wouldnt mind Asante Samuel, but what are thier plans for LB if thats so? I dont know about you guys, but I like Blackburn out there. :TU:

Blackburn hasn't had much of a chance to get on the field and show what he can do but the limited time he has spent out on the field he has been in on a lot of plays. Our defense was noticably more resiliant when he came in during the Eagles game...and then Emmons was back out there for some reason watching Westbrook run right past him again at the end.

What other options are there?

Torbor? A failed project as far as I am concerned.

Wilkinson? He showed some talent last season and I wouldn't mind him getting on the field more often.

That is about it.

Should Short be brought back? He was playing very well for awhile there before his injury. The defense was playing its best ball all year when he came in about a third of the way into the season and its decline happened to coincide with his injury...well half of the starting defense all got injured at about the same time but he was one of them and had been leading the team in tackles three weeks or more in a row.

Blackburn hasn't had much of a chance to get on the field and show what he can do but the limited time he has spent out on the field he has been in on a lot of plays. Our defense was noticably more resiliant when he came in during the Eagles game...and then Emmons was back out there for some reason watching Westbrook run right past him again at the end.

Wilkinson? He showed some talent last season and I wouldn't mind him getting on the field more often.

That is about it.

Should Short be brought back? He was playing very well for awhile there before his injury. The defense was playing its best ball all year when he came in about a third of the way into the season and its decline happened to coincide with his injury...well half of the starting defense all got injured at about the same time but he was one of them and had been leading the team in tackles three weeks or more in a row.

Yeah, it wasnt just Brandon goin down, the whole fuckin defense went down, and its funny how people cant understand what happened?

But I believe Short should return, and I also like what little I saw of Gerris Wilkinson. I dont necessarily dislike Torbor, or think he is a failed project, but if he didnt return, it wouldnt kill me. I like the idea of giving Wilkinson and Blackburn the opportunity, then spending some cash on a shut down corner.

That is about it.

Yeah, it wasnt just Brandon goin down, the whole fuckin defense went down, and its funny how people cant understand what happened?

But I believe Short should return, and I also like what little I saw of Gerris Wilkinson. I dont necessarily dislike Torbor, or think he is a failed project, but if he didnt return, it wouldnt kill me. I like the idea of giving Wilkinson and Blackburn the opportunity, then spending some cash on a shut down corner.

When you unload 4 highly paid athletes (Tiki, Luke, Lavar, and Emmons), you have room for both Briggs and either Clement or Samuel. And still have enough money to sign blue collar players for depth and your rookies as well.

When you unload 4 highly paid athletes (Tiki, Luke, Lavar, and Emmons), you have room for both Briggs and either Clement or Samuel. And still have enough money to sign blue collar players for depth and your rookies as well.

'Tiki unloaded himself

I like Blackburn, but with the neck injury he's had, I don't know if I'd want him out there as a full-time starter. And I don't just mean that as a Giant's fan. I don't like the idea of him damaging his neck any further.