SportsWrath

Yankee Stadium to host 2008 All Star Game

so-cal dub

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2732682

Yankee Stadium will be the site of the 2008 All-Star Game, sources in baseball said, in the last year of the ballpark.

The new Yankee Stadium is scheduled to open in 2009, and old Yankee Stadium closed, 86 years after the ballpark was first built in 1923, and 53 years after the ballpark was remodeled on the same site. With the All-Star Game slated to be in an AL park in 2008, officials chose Yankee Stadium for the site, believing it to be an appropriate way to close usher out the historic building.

The All-Star Game has been held in Yankee Stadium three times previously, the last time in 1977.

An announcement on the selection of Yankee Stadium is expected in the days ahead, perhaps next week, with Major League Baseball coordinating with the Mayor's office in New York.

Next summer's All-Star Game will be played in San Francisco, and on Monday night, Commissioner Bud Selig formally announced that the 2009 All-Star Game will be played in St. Louis.

Sweet :)

yeah when you had juiceheads dropping shots in the home run derby ovah the green monstah.

You did tell me. But really, the '99 All Star game will go down as one of the best in history. I mean, c'mon, a dominating performance by Pedro Martinez in which he struck out the first four and five of the first six! C'mon, Barry Larkin, Larry Walker, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, and Jeff Bagwell. These guys were at their steroid pumped peaks! What about a tearjerking appearance by Ted Williams and the rest of the All Century team which included Ted Williams, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Stan Musial, and more? There was a lot of respect in that game and the entire All Star celebration. This isn't my Boston bias, the All Star game has just lost its luster and I haven't seen one that has been that great since '99.

Does every thread in the Yankee section have to contain some bashing in it?

Oh, and I like that we have the all-star game in 08. I thought they would wait until the new stadium was built.

It's fitting that the league honors Yankee Stadium with the All Star Game in it's last season. So much history there, and you know we'll all have to hear about it for days on end leading up to the game. :blah:

Too bad most baseball fans have never seen the place, so they don't know what a shithole it really is. The Yankees and their propaganda machine have national baseball fans believing it is the jewel of all sports.

It's aisles are too small, it's dirty, the bathrooms are worse than what I see on construction sites, it's in a great neighborhood :unsure: , the parking lot is a joke (by the time you get out of it, the next day's pitchers are warming up) and the fans are disrespectful to fans of the opposing team just for being fans of the opposing team.

That said, I think it's a great chocie for the 2008 game. Honor the Stadium, then get rid of it already.

:P:P:P:P:P:P I love you guys..... :evilgrin:

It's fitting that the league honors Yankee Stadium with the All Star Game in it's last season. So much history there, and you know we'll all have to hear about it for days on end leading up to the game. :blah:

Too bad most baseball fans have never seen the place, so they don't know what a shithole it really is. The Yankees and their propaganda machine have national baseball fans believing it is the jewel of all sports.

It's aisles are too small, it's dirty, the bathrooms are worse than what I see on construction sites, it's in a great neighborhood :unsure: , the parking lot is a joke (by the time you get out of it, the next day's pitchers are warming up) and the fans are disrespectful to fans of the opposing team just for being fans of the opposing team.

That said, I think it's a great chocie for the 2008 game. Honor the Stadium, then get rid of it already.

A shithole filled with pennants. :TU:

Speaking of shit, last time I was there I had the meanest stomach ache and thought I was gonna make a mudslide in the car becuase we were stuck on the little bridge going to the parking garage forever. Not a very pleasant memory to leave behind of that place and I doubt I'll make it back there one more time to see a game in the old "shithole".

BTW, Shea isn't quite the Taj Majal either. ;)

Speaking of shit, last time I was there I had the meanest stomach ache and thought I was gonna make a mudslide in the car becuase we were stuck on the little bridge going to the parking garage forever. Not a very pleasant memory to leave behind of that place and I doubt I'll make it back there one more time to see a game in the old "shithole".

Shea is God's castle...

Gary Cohen's booth.

And the cowbell man, too.

Never said it was, but if Shea is considered a "dump", then Yankee Stadium is a landfill.

Well it is official now http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9966059

NEW YORK -- Yankee Stadium is going out with an All-Star salute.

The beloved old ballpark will host the All-Star game in 2008, the final season before the New York Yankees move into a new stadium being built across the street in the Bronx.

MLB commissioner Bud Selig and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg were on hand on Wednesday at City Hall for the announcement, which had been expected.

It will be the fourth All-Star game at Yankee Stadium, following summer showcases in 1939, 1960, and 1977.

This year's contest is on July 10 in San Francisco. The 2009 game will be in St. Louis.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005-2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

• 3 weeks later...

thats how its in every stadium <_<

and the fans are disrespectful to fans of the opposing team just for being fans of the opposing team.

:LMAO: Look at this clown's sig. This is the fool that said he will come into our section only with intent to start shit. So much so, he has a sig for a trophy. Yet I suppose only Yankee fans disrespect other teams.

:LMAO: Look at this clown's sig. This is the fool that said he will come into our section only with intent to start shit. So much so, he has a sig for a trophy. Yet I suppose only Yankee fans disrespect other teams.

Never said this, please prove otherwise... It's not my fault you get hotter than a whore in church when someone pokes fun at the Yankees.

You see, this is why I love picking on Yankee fans. Some of them just can't decipher between light hearted banter, and disrespectful behavior.

Let me help you here, kiddo...

Example of banter: Yankee Stadium is a shit hole, and it should be torn down immediately. Note: No personal attacks, no name calling, just some light hearted baseball fan trash talking. Something I might say to a Yankee fan.

Example of disrespectful behavior: "This is the fool...", and other such unnecessary, childish name calling...

A personal attack, made in response to a statement made about one's team of interest that in no way is meant to cause harm to intended readers. Silly, and not healthy for your soul.

Thanks for the help with the counter, just added 2 more. It's still February. Can you imagine what the tally will be in September?? I'm putting the under/over at 750. What do you think? :TU:;)

Never said this, please prove otherwise... It's not my fault you get hotter than a whore in church when someone pokes fun at the Yankees.

And as far as being jealous or a dick, well, thanks... because it is my goal every baseball season to get under the skin of Yankee fans, and when Yankee fans start name calling, I've done my job.

I guess this means you will come in here and talk baseball? :rolleyes:

It's spring training for me too. I hope you guys aren't thin skinned like the guys at the GMB. :ph34r:
Get over yourself, it's not the GMB thats light skinned, it's the fact you're annoying and say shit to spark one being light skinned. Much like a child craving attention.

You see, this is why I love picking on Yankee fans. Some of them just can't decipher between light hearted banter, and disrespectful behavior.

Learn what respect is.

Example of banter: Yankee Stadium is a shit hole, and it should be torn down immediately. Note: No personal attacks, no name calling, just some light hearted baseball fan trash talking. Something I might say to a Yankee fan.
Do you ever see any of us Yankee fans go into your Mets sec and say "Shea is a shithole, tear it down!" ? No. And before you say you have, please provide a quote and if you find one it aint from me and most likely any us active Yanks fans.

Example of disrespectful behavior: "This is the fool...", and other such unnecessary, childish name calling...

A personal attack, made in response to a statement made about one's team of interest that in no way is meant to cause harm to intended readers. Silly, and not healthy for your soul.

Apparently you dont know the meaning of fool. Allow me to explain.

One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.

In your case, whining about Yankee fans being disrespectful to other teams fans, when your intent is to be disrespectful to us. Would you like me to show you a definition of what disrespectful is also?

BTW, I love being unhealthy so if you would like to further my unhealthiness, be my guest.

Thanks for the help with the counter, just added 2 more. It's still February. Can you imagine what the tally will be in September?? I'm putting the under/over at 750. What do you think? :TU:;)

I think you need a hobby, a friend, girlfriend(boyfriend?), or possibly a life.

I guess this means you will come in here and talk baseball? :rolleyes:

Get over yourself, it's not the GMB thats light skinned, it's the fact you're annoying and say shit to spark one being light skinned. Much like a child craving attention.

Learn what respect is.

Do you ever see any of us Yankee fans go into your Mets sec and say "Shea is a shithole, tear it down!" ? No. And before you say you have, please provide a quote and if you find one it aint from me and most likely any us active Yanks fans.

Apparently you dont know the meaning of fool. Allow me to explain.

One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.

In your case, whining about Yankee fans being disrespectful to other teams fans, when your intent is to be disrespectful to us. Would you like me to show you a definition of what disrespectful is also?

BTW, I love being unhealthy so if you would like to further my unhealthiness, be my guest.

I think you need a hobby, a friend, girlfriend(boyfriend?), or possibly a life.

:LMAO: I love it. BTW, I'm sure when you typed the word fool, you originally intended it to be used in it's proper form. Nice job doing the quick dictionary.com search. :LMAO:

Lighten up man, seriously. You've already proven my point. Yankee fans are easy targets. I love how you assume I don't have a life. Classic reply and reaction that I forementioned.

Seriously dude, save yourself further frustration. If you can't handle light hearted fun on a message board, what are you here for? It's just baseball, and I'm not taking personal shots at anyone. Here's another word you might want to look up.

BANTER

As for your concern for my wants and needs, thanks , but I have hobbies, a few good friends, and a wife, child and another on the way. I'd say that all about equals some semblance of a life, but that's just my opinion.

And what's wrong with light skinned people anyway? :confused:

:LMAO: I love it. BTW, I'm sure when you typed the word fool, you originally intended it to be used in it's proper form. Nice job doing the quick dictionary.com search. :LMAO:

Lighten up man, seriously. You've already proven my point. Yankee fans are easy targets. I love how you assume I don't have a life. Classic reply and reaction that I forementioned.

Seriously dude, save yourself further frustration. If you can't handle light hearted fun on a message board, what are you here for? It's just baseball, and I'm not taking personal shots at anyone. Here's another word you might want to look up.

BANTER

And what's wrong with light skinned people anyway? :confused:

Oh trust me, I'm not frustrated. If you've been here long enough you'd know how I get when I'm frustrated. Light hearted fun, eh, thats your opinion. I see at as rude and uncalled for, call me crazy. You probably think it's a real hoot to troll, and I cant stop you. However, me trying to knock some sense into you isn't me being light skinned. I know how you are, I've seen your Yankee trolling on the GMB. It's quite pathetic. Be a fan and root for YOUR team.

Oh trust me, I'm not frustrated. If you've been here long enough you'd know how I get when I'm frustrated. Light hearted fun, eh, thats your opinion. I see at as rude and uncalled for, call me crazy. You probably think it's a real hoot to troll, and I cant stop you. However, me trying to knock some sense into you isn't me being light skinned. I know how you are, I've seen your Yankee trolling on the GMB. It's quite pathetic. Be a fan and root for YOUR team.

No sir, what's pathetic is that you take things said on message boards to heart. Now ask yourself, what's really rude, poking fun at a TEAM on a message board, or name calling and acting as if you have such a much better life than someone you don't even know?

Come on man, it's all supposed to be a joke. Does it really break your heart that much when I say that Yankee Stadium is a shithole??? And if so, why??? :confused: