SportsWrath

So where do you really think we go from here?

jranieli

What i meant was Emmons has experience and we can't seem to keep out LB's healthy, even if he isn't on the 53 man roster we should keep him somewhere.

I was joking about drafting a DE. Yeah we let Clancy gfo to Arizona last year.

Also, i mean we need to focus on CB's like we have DE's. Get 2 or 3 talented young CB's in the next couple drafts using high picks. Our secondary is awefull, but It's not entirely the players fault. We play too much zone, seems we only blitz the first quarter. As soon as someone scores, be it us or the other team, we go to zone coverage.

Emmons is a waste of a roster spot. Did you see Chase Blackburn out there? Honestly I don't even know why this guy is in the NFL. No wonder the Eagles let him go.

Emmons is a waste of a roster spot. Did you see Chase Blackburn out there? Honestly I don't even know why this guy is in the NFL. No wonder the Eagles let him go.

It's too bad Blackburn doesn't have a lot of talent to go with his fire and energy.

We need more of that on this team.

The Eagles didn't let him go, he signed as a free agent. Emmons was playing well with the Eagles before he left. Remember Trotter also went to DC and underachieved. Jim Johnson's scheme play to the strengths of their players.

You don't want Chase Blackburn as a starting linebacker, he's better off the bench.,

What's needed is a return to smashmouth football with this team, simple as that. In fact with a QB that is still developing like Eli and who clearly has flaws. We actually have the type of offensive line to do this. A running back to compliment Jacobs is necessary in free agency IMO. The draft should be left for filling serious holes.

I hope we draft a linebacker in the 1st round this year. There have been a lot of good players coming out, and we have a tendency to take guys in the later rounds, in the hopes we get a steal. Emmons needs to go IMO, if for nothing else to get a fresh start because he's been poor overall. I'm not happy with Pierce's play either, I thought he underperformed also, and I was one of those saying last year that we lost because he was out, but we lost with him this year, perhaps if he has some talent around him, he'd be better off. Chase Blackburn should only ever be a backup and we're in trouble if he starts, he brings energy off the bench and that's what we need. And we'll see what Lavar does next year.

Our Secondary is a strange situation. I can't help feeling that if this team played a different scheme that they'd be much better. Our corners have been told to play off the wide receivers, and that's to our disadvantage. I like Dockery and Jason Bell. I think if Gibril went to another team he'd be huge, we don't play to his strengths at all, (Gibril should be blitzing, not MCQ). If Demps made half the tackles he missed this year it would have made a huge difference, he hopefully will play better next year. You can't change much at the corners, McQ was okay, but he needs to play nickel only. Webster has shown little, but I think he deserves another year. I'm willing to bet madison will be better next year and his coverage was much better later in the season.

On the def line, I'm stoked. Kiwi and Osi played well yesterday and you bring Stra back and Tuck and you have the strongest part of the team. I can't see Joseph being back, although I'm not down on him because he brings pressure all the time. Cofield and Robbins will anchor the line again next year and Cofiled should be better, however some backup wouldn't go amiss in the later rounds in the draft. (You could see a push to get Warren sapp in)

I'd replace Feely as kicker. Yesterday Feely's' last kickoff landed at the Philly 15 and they returned it to the 34. That's shitty. The confidence level in Feely is gone IMO. He's not worth the money we pay him. I love Feagles, I'll leave it at that.

I'd make no changes on offensive line except that it's possible O'Hara will be gone, so Seubert moves to center. The Giants should make an attempt to lock these guys to extended contracts before next year IMO, especially Snee, who's Pro Bowl level. Take care Bob Whitfield.

Eli needs to be judged with a new coach on board who'll get in his face and with veteran backup who can actually play and put pressure on Eli to perform better. Get rid of Hasselbach and if the Giants want Lorenzen to be a freak show, make him a full back and free up the slot for someone who doesn't have a serious weight problem.

Jim Finn is okay, I think he's going to have to sharpen his catching skills, because I feel he's going to be catching more passes next season.

Shockey is still the man, this offense IMO now goes as Shockey goes. Get rid of Shiancoe, again veteran tight end help is a must here, preferably with good blocking ability.

You have Burress and Toomer and probably Moss as your receivers next year. Tim Carter needs to be on someone else's payroll. If ever a team needed a possession receiver, this is it. A Joe Jurevicius type would be key. It may sound nuts, but somebody like Ike Hilliard would not be a bad move here, we all now Ike has no fear and he's wasted in Tampa Bay, plus he'd be cheap.

I agree with just about all of this.

Once again, LBs are a serious weakness in our defense. Aside from Emmons, I think Torbor is a FA this year, and I would hesitate to pick him up again. With all the on-field experience he's had (and between Emmons, Green, Arrington and Short, it's been plenty) if he's not ready to step up, he never will be. Keeping him on because "he knows the system" is going to be nonsensical next season. So that's at least two LBs that need replacing. Plus, I wouldn't exactly rely on Arrington being able to play the whole season. Depending on what the new DC wants to do, we may need more. I know it's heresy, but to build the defense around Strahan at this point of his career is foolish--he's still a premier DE, but let's face it, he's been seriously injured 2 out of the past 3 years. I'm afraid that this is something we have to face for the balance of his career.

We need to do something with LT. If Whimper isn't the guy, we had better find the guy PDQ. Putting Diehl in a new position over Whimper wasn't a good sign, IMO. Pettigout isn't getting any younger, and while he was out with a broken leg, it's his back that is the real concern. And it's going to kill him next season, as his body readjusts to a leg that has been relatively unused, and therefore, a little weaker than the other. The weight shift and slight change in gait isn't going to tickle. He's going to have a rough year, next year.

In the finest of Giant traditions, we are glaringly weak at WR. Other than Burress and Toomer, we have no one that has stood out over this past season. Carter is about as inconsequential as you can get, and Moss is almost completely untested. If Jennings wasn't able to get activated this year, he never will--especially with Morton going down. We don't need superstars, but it would be nice if we got some guys that will get open, and will catch what's thrown to them.

I will reserve my opinion on what I think will happen regarding Coughlin until Thursday. :ph34r: But new coordinators are a given.

I agree with just about all of this.

Once again, LBs are a serious weakness in our defense. Aside from Emmons, I think Torbor is a FA this year, and I would hesitate to pick him up again. With all the on-field experience he's had (and between Emmons, Green, Arrington and Short, it's been plenty) if he's not ready to step up, he never will be. Keeping him on because "he knows the system" is going to be nonsensical next season. So that's at least two LBs that need replacing. Plus, I wouldn't exactly rely on Arrington being able to play the whole season. Depending on what the new DC wants to do, we may need more. I know it's heresy, but to build the defense around Strahan at this point of his career is foolish--he's still a premier DE, but let's face it, he's been seriously injured 2 out of the past 3 years. I'm afraid that this is something we have to face for the balance of his career.

We need to do something with LT. If Whimper isn't the guy, we had better find the guy PDQ. Putting Diehl in a new position over Whimper wasn't a good sign, IMO. Pettigout isn't getting any younger, and while he was out with a broken leg, it's his back that is the real concern. And it's going to kill him next season, as his body readjusts to a leg that has been relatively unused, and therefore, a little weaker than the other. The weight shift and slight change in gait isn't going to tickle. He's going to have a rough year, next year.

In the finest of Giant traditions, we are glaringly weak at WR. Other than Burress and Toomer, we have no one that has stood out over this past season. Carter is about as inconsequential as you can get, and Moss is almost completely untested. If Jennings wasn't able to get activated this year, he never will--especially with Morton going down. We don't need superstars, but it would be nice if we got some guys that will get open, and will catch what's thrown to them.

I will reserve my opinion on what I think will happen regarding Coughlin until Thursday. :ph34r: But new coordinators are a given.

I guess they decided Whimper was too inexperienced, but besides that regardless of what you think of Whitfield, that's his position and he should ahve started there. I agree that Luke could have some problems next year.

He'd be nuts to blow off his USC gig.

He'll get a good offer whereever he goes. He's won the Nat Champ/Rose Bowl, and his recruiting has USC in great shape the next 4 years at least. I think he'd have to think about it. Even if he fails, he can do a "Saban".

By the way, Saban is a dick for what he pulled in Miami.

I guess they decided Whimper was too inexperienced, but besides that regardless of what you think of Whitfield, that's his position and he should ahve started there. I agree that Luke could have some problems next year.

I was all for giving Whitfield a chance when Pettigout got injured. I thought he did ok when he had the opportunities in the past.

But let's face it, the head butting thing kind of forced Coughlin's hand. On the one hand, pulling him gets him the "it's Whitfield's position" argument; on the other, keeping him in would have left him out of favor with the "is this how you maintain discipline?" crowd. Coughlin was positioned perfectly to lose either way on this one. (Disclaimer: I'm am speaking solely about the LT position. This in no way reflects how I feel about Coughlin on a whole, or make me his apologist.) Personally, I think you're right, it was his position, and because of the personal fouls, he deserved to lose it.

And Diehl didn't play that bad, considering it was his second start at that position. I might have shifted the natural tackle McKenzie to the left side, and let Diehl start RT (he's played that before), but whatever at this point.

ESPN reporting that Dolphins have reached out to Carroll to talk to him about the HC job.

I'm sure he's coveted by several teams. I just wouldn't want the Giants to be one.

Assistants are having more success as HC's than college HC's. And I think any assistant out

there immediately gets more respect from pro players, whereas it's a struggle for college coaches

to come in and get that respect.

He'll get a good offer whereever he goes. He's won the Nat Champ/Rose Bowl, and his recruiting has USC in great shape the next 4 years at least. I think he'd have to think about it. Even if he fails, he can do a "Saban".

By the way, Saban is a dick for what he pulled in Miami.

I remember that he had a really bad time of it in the pros his last go at HC. Between that and the amount of success he's had at USC, I don't know if going back into the NFL is such a great career move for him.

And you're right about Saban. Between Parcells, Bellicheck and Saban, that coaching tree doesn't exactly have a glowing reputation for honoring contracts.

I was all for giving Whitfield a chance when Pettigout got injured. I thought he did ok when he had the opportunities in the past.

But let's face it, the head butting thing kind of forced Coughlin's hand. On the one hand, pulling him gets him the "it's Whitfield's position" argument; on the other, keeping him in would have left him out of favor with the "is this how you maintain discipline?" crowd. Coughlin was positioned perfectly to lose either way on this one. (Disclaimer: I'm am speaking solely about the LT position. This in no way reflects how I feel about Coughlin on a whole, or make me his apologist.) Personally, I think you're right, it was his position, and because of the personal fouls, he deserved to lose it.

And Diehl didn't play that bad, considering it was his second start at that position. I might have shifted the natural tackle McKenzie to the left side, and let Diehl start RT (he's played that before), but whatever at this point.

I think Diehl played fine, but you have to let a line remain settled and even if Whitfield butted one guy yesterday he would have had the same penalty yards as Diehl.

I think Diehl played fine, but you have to let a line remain settled and even if Whitfield butted one guy yesterday he would have had the same penalty yards as Diehl.

Well, mercifully that's water under the bridge now, and I think we both agree we need more next year from a backup LT.

And you have to consider not just if Diehl played LT fine, but if the line would've played better with Diehl at G and Whitless at LT. There were many times the egals were in our backfield before tiki could even get to the line.

And you have to consider not just if Diehl played LT fine, but if the line would've played better with Diehl at G and Whitless at LT. There were many times the egals were in our backfield before tiki could even get to the line.

Seriously Tiki ran the ball better against the Eagles than he did the Skins. The linebackers and secondary were much faster at meeting Tiki head. Say what you want about them but it's no joy running against the likes of Trotter and Dawkins. Dawkins played a good game yesterday, even on that coverage on Plax on the long throw. And that was fucking scary when he lunged at Carter, you figure that Carter is so fragile he's going to get killed.

Seriously Tiki ran the ball better against the Eagles than he did the Skins. The linebackers and secondary were much faster at meeting Tiki head. Say what you want about them but it's no joy running against the likes of Trotter and Dawkins. Dawkins played a good game yesterday, even on that coverage on Plax on the long throw. And that was fucking scary when he lunged at Carter, you figure that Carter is so fragile he's going to get killed.

You can definately say it was tougher competition and a good effort on his part, but I'd disagree about him having a better game against the egals. Take away his one big run and he got about 87 yards.

Take away his biggest run in the skins game, he's still well over a 100. Not to mention the 3 td's.

But yeah, you have to give it up to Johnson and his defense.

:LMAO::TU:

Didn't we let some DT go to Arizone? We're not letting Robbins go. DE? We got Osi, Stra, Tuck, and Kiwi.. r u nuts?

He doesn't play well at all. The guy sucks. I swear I can play better than him.. and I'm 5 6". No not exaggerating.. that's how bad this guy sucks.

We only 53 men on the roster. We need quality CBs. One shutdown corner. .like a champ baily. But our D Backfiled needs an overall.... though demps was playing better of late.

I stopped reading after this. You are exactly right bro. Emmons stinks, get rid of him. Never mind you playin better, my 12 year old could school him. :TU:

DE is fine and we need a shut down corner BAD! I think Will and Gibril are fine, but our corners are average at best. Not good. We need to draft a stud WR if possible, and figure out what to do about a RB like Tiki. Jacobs is a stud, but will his size hurt him?

Screw Offense. Lets draft LB, CB, S, LB, CB, CB, K. I don't care if we win games 3-0, let's get some damn pride back into Giants D.

Exactly. All this talk about drafting another qb :TD: . Giants football is defense and bruising runs. Enough with the finesse passing game and playmaking me-first wide receivers.

Exactly. All this talk about drafting another qb :TD: . Giants football is defense and bruising runs. Enough with the finesse passing game and playmaking me-first wide receivers.

Yep. I chose the Giants as my team back in the 80's because I loved the bruising D. If I liked flashy offense I'd be a 49ers fan.

I dont know who says draft a QB, but thats nuts. And I even think Plax should stay, I didnt like some of his attitude this season, but the guys incredibly talented. The only O we should address is another receiver cause Carter is horrible. 1st he cant stay healthy, now he cant catch a cold. But D needs to be beefed up, for sure.

I dont know who says draft a QB, but thats nuts. And I even think Plax should stay, I didnt like some of his attitude this season, but the guys incredibly talented. The only O we should address is another receiver cause Carter is horrible. 1st he cant stay healthy, now he cant catch a cold. But D needs to be beefed up, for sure.

Believe it or not, there's talk of that here. Look around.

Replacing Carter is fine, but I don't think we need to look in the draft for his replacement.

An undrafted fa maybe. Plax is ok. Can't stand his attitude and he tends to disappear in games.

He played well last night though.

Believe it or not, there's talk of that here. Look around.

Replacing Carter is fine, but I don't think we need to look in the draft for his replacement.

An undrafted fa maybe. Plax is ok. Can't stand his attitude and he tends to disappear in games.

He played well last night though.

Extremely well. I forgot to add, not only Carter stinking, but Amani at the end of his career. Yeah, dont draft a WR, but look for one in FA. Like Ike again, or Jurevicious.