SportsWrath

It's Deja Vu All Over Again

Braco

What's his problem? We watched him wilt like a tulip last year from around week 5. More of the same this year. He hasn't looked like a legitimate NFL QB in a month. But the good news is he is still ranked higher than future Hall of Fame QB J.P. Losman! (But J.P. has half as many interceptions).

I have no doubts that one day soon Eli will be among the elite NFL QB's. But right now he is better in 2 scenerios. When he is not asked to shoulder the load for 4 quarters and chuck the ball 40 times, or when he has all the pressure on him in the 4th quarter to come back for a win.

You have got to blame the coaches, we are unbeatable when we run 35 times per game. Why do we run 21 times vs the bears in the rain and wind? Also, why are they not running more 2 minute offense? It's obvious Eli is a different QB when the O is fast paced and he is running the show. I really think we'd be better off if TC handed the reigns over simliralry to how Dungy hands them over to Peyton. Give him a handfull of plays for him to selesct from each series and let him run the O more.

I have no doubts that one day soon Eli will be among the elite NFL QB's. But right now he is better in 2 scenerios. When he is not asked to shoulder the load for 4 quarters and chuck the ball 40 times, or when he has all the pressure on him in the 4th quarter to come back for a win.

You have got to blame the coaches, we are unbeatable when we run 35 times per game. Why do we run 21 times vs the bears in the rain and wind? Also, why are they not running more 2 minute offense? It's obvious Eli is a different QB when the O is fast paced and he is running the show. I really think we'd be better off if TC handed the reigns over simliralry to how Dungy hands them over to Peyton. Give him a handfull of plays for him to selesct from each series and let him run the O more.

Completely agree. I am not saying beat the crap out of Tiki, but it isn't like the coaching staff needs to limit his carries to keep his career going for a couple more seasons. Last season when we didn't know how long he would be playing he was getting, like you said, 35 carries a game. Give him 25 and Jacobs 10 and you have a productive ground game.

Because the Giants are not running the ball as often as they should, opposing defenses are sending a pass rush more often than they should be. They are not respecting our run game. Combine that with an offensive line that can't keep a pocket open and there is more to Eli's regression than just him.

Eli may not be Peyton when it comes to playing style, but he has always had success with a no-huddle fast-paced offense that lets him make the calls. Maybe it is something as simple as Eli not feeling comfortable running a play he doesn't think will work? Let him make the call at the line.

Coaching is certainly a big part of the problem. In fact, I fear Eli will be held back from the expected progress due to the piss poor quality tutoring he is receiving and the equally foolish play selection.

But Manning's problems go beyond blaming it all on the coaching staff. I watch him play and there is no fire burning. He seems listless and lifeless out there many games. And what should be evident to all who watch the games is that there is no chemistry on the field between he and his teammates. Hell, no one even talks to him on the sidelines. The respect isn't there, nor is the leadership that is required from the QB position.

What's his problem? We watched him wilt like a tulip last year from around week 5. More of the same this year. He hasn't looked like a legitimate NFL QB in a month. But the good news is he is still ranked higher than future Hall of Fame QB J.P. Losman! (But J.P. has half as many interceptions).

good try Lockhart , Obrac , Braco ....or whatever your name is

Guest JACKSTROUD7
Completely agree. I am not saying beat the crap out of Tiki, but it isn't like the coaching staff needs to limit his carries to keep his career going for a couple more seasons. Last season when we didn't know how long he would be playing he was getting, like you said, 35 carries a game. Give him 25 and Jacobs 10 and you have a productive ground game.

Because the Giants are not running the ball as often as they should, opposing defenses are sending a pass rush more often than they should be. They are not respecting our run game. Combine that with an offensive line that can't keep a pocket open and there is more to Eli's regression than just him.

Eli may not be Peyton when it comes to playing style, but he has always had success with a no-huddle fast-paced offense that lets him make the calls. Maybe it is something as simple as Eli not feeling comfortable running a play he doesn't think will work? Let him make the call at the line.

the problem is Tiki cannot run a stacked defense........Jacobs can.......Coughlins awnswer is to try to pass his way out of the box........no good.....the 9 man line gets to Eli to quickly

When I see Tiki in there against the 9 man front I blow a fuse............the only way to stop this is put both in the same backfield.........have one rotate to the slot when you see whether they are going to stack

the problem is Tiki cannot run a stacked defense........Jacobs can.......Coughlins awnswer is to try to pass his way out of the box........no good.....the 9 man line gets to Eli to quickly

When I see Tiki in there against the 9 man front I blow a fuse............the only way to stop this is put both in the same backfield.........have one rotate to the slot when you see whether they are going to stack

Sadly that will never happen. That is about as creative as splitting Shockey out to the slot, or *SHOCK* wide!

There is a total lack of creativity in our offensive playcalling.

braco is absolutley a moron... u really must not watch any other qb in the entire nfl... that is just baffling how you can sit back and rant idiotic nothings, and yet do not watch any other football teams the rest of the week... by your brainless assumptions about the giants and how everything is so bad about them, then i would really like to hear your genious opinions on every other team in the nfl... because i got a newsflash for you 80 percent of them have a worse qb, worse coaches, and a lot less injuries... and most of those 80 percent have qbs who are much more experienced then eli, and show half the promise he does...

so if your a pats fan you think brady sucks because he had two atrocious games in a row, and his coaches let go of so many players and so they suck as well...

i can go on for hours about how big of a moron you are and throw example after example about how everything you say makes no sense what so ever. but i have to get back to my life, where i interact with intelligent people that can actually be listened to when they speak and taken as serious

braco is absolutley a moron...

so if your a pats fan you think brady sucks because he had two atrocious games in a row, and his coaches let go of so many players and so they suck as well...

braco is carbo. If you spend any time over at the GMB you know his game is just to incite.

And as far as the Pats go....hey did you hear they signed Vinny Testaverde? Brady is totally being benched. Why havn't the Giants signed Jim Kelly?!?!

braco is carbo. If you spend any time over at the GMB you know his game is just to incite.

And as far as the Pats go....hey did you hear they signed Vinny Testaverde? Brady is totally being benched. Why havn't the Giants signed Jim Kelly?!?!

haha thanks lubeck you just put it all into perspective... you are one of the few posters who i have agreed with since joining the boards, and its good to see another voice of reason...

Coaching is certainly a big part of the problem. In fact, I fear Eli will be held back from the expected progress due to the piss poor quality tutoring he is receiving and the equally foolish play selection.

But Manning's problems go beyond blaming it all on the coaching staff. I watch him play and there is no fire burning. He seems listless and lifeless out there many games. And what should be evident to all who watch the games is that there is no chemistry on the field between he and his teammates. Hell, no one even talks to him on the sidelines. The respect isn't there, nor is the leadership that is required from the QB position.

I do belive you have been watching to much pop warner. Now this is something I can't understand, I watched the highlights of bengals & chargers game and almost all passes for sizeable yardage the receiver is 8-10 yards clear of a d back, why in the hell can't giant receivers break clear? eli is always trying to fit the ball into tight coverage, and nobody is open every body has a d back or l back on his shoulder.