SportsWrath

Zito Says Rangers Among Options

Virginia Giant

Take him. If you guys get in the playoffs he'll help you "out" real quick. Man, he would have made a great Yankee...with our new tradition. <_<

he's 4-3 with a 3.25 ERA in the playoffs. that's respectable. throw away one bad start against Detroit and he's 2.43, that's excellent.

He'd be a great pick up for you. On the other hand, you don't want to lose Gary Mathews.

We'll never be able to resign Gary, pitching is our #1 priority and we can't spend the kind of money he'll get for 1 good year. Rumor is we may get the Cubs CF or Coco.

We'll never be able to resign Gary, pitching is our #1 priority and we can't spend the kind of money he'll get for 1 good year. Rumor is we may get the Cubs CF or Coco.

Didn't you get pissed at me earlier this year when after blowing a 9-0 lead I said how bad the Rangers pitching is by telling me I have no clue?

J/K man :P Zito would be great for them and at least you know he can pitch in the AL.

Didn't you get pissed at me earlier this year when after blowing a 9-0 lead I said how bad the Rangers pitching is by telling me I have no clue?

J/K man :P Zito would be great for them and at least you know he can pitch in the AL.

During the season, I'm the ultimate homer. i appologize for anything said during the season. :) i get very defensive about my Rangers. During the offseason i'm a realist.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, hope this is good news.

The Rangers are going to have to overpay as is considering the pitching market but they might have to add a couple of extra million just because they are the Rangers. Hicks usually overpays pitchers to draw them to Ameriquest...is it still Ameriquest?

The Rangers are going to have to overpay as is considering the pitching market but they might have to add a couple of extra million just because they are the Rangers. Hicks usually overpays pitchers to draw them to Ameriquest...is it still Ameriquest?

Yeah it's still Ameriquest.

I think we need to give zito whatever it takes, he's 11-1 in rlington with a good era. They also need to go ahead and give Padilla 40 mill, he's proven he can be at least effective in Ameriquest and he'd be an excellent #3 for us. Leaves us with 2 spots to fill with a couple young up and comers, we had several pitch last year and Tejada and possibly Koronka could be decent at the back end.

We need a CF, but we should just look for a cheaper speedy guy.

Yeah it's still Ameriquest.

I think we need to give zito whatever it takes, he's 11-1 in rlington with a good era. They also need to go ahead and give Padilla 40 mill, he's proven he can be at least effective in Ameriquest and he'd be an excellent #3 for us. Leaves us with 2 spots to fill with a couple young up and comers, we had several pitch last year and Tejada and possibly Koronka could be decent at the back end.

We need a CF, but we should just look for a cheaper speedy guy.

What's the state of your payroll? You seem to be asking for a bit.

What's the state of your payroll? You seem to be asking for a bit.

I'm not very knowledgable about that stuff, but I gotta think we're sitting pretty. Only thing that would really worry me is I think Mikes contract is up after this coming up season, he's gonna get paid and it damned well be by us.