SportsWrath

Blitz anyone?

jranieli

Where was it yesterday? Did Johnnie Lynn :ph34r: decide to take the day off from blitzing? Did he feel it unnecessary to blitz the QB? When Lewis actually called the blitzes they worked for us. What was the reason for this lax defense this week? Were we just trying to stay healthy? Guess what, it did not work. Strahan hopefully will come back next week.

Where was it yesterday? Did Johnnie Lynn :ph34r: decide to take the day off from blitzing? Did he feel it unnecessary to blitz the QB? When Lewis actually called the blitzes they worked for us. What was the reason for this lax defense this week? Were we just trying to stay healthy? Guess what, it did not work. Strahan hopefully will come back next week.

oh i couldn't agree more. i know the texans aren't a powerhouse, but they have an abyssmal line, and carr is always among the sacked leaders. i don't get it. i understand about the injuries and maybe he was holding back, but he better not do that against the bears or any good teams. i thought it was hilarious when during the bye week TL said that we were already blitzing 35 - 40 % of the time and he wasn't changing the scheme. then the next few weeks we start blitzing like a madhouse. i mean does this guy think that we weren't watching the first few games? we didn't blitz at all. yesterday was exactly like the first couple of weeks, the difference being we were playing a bad team so it didn't burn us. i am giving him a pass on this one considering the opponent and the injury situation. hopefully we get back on track this week.

oh i couldn't agree more. i know the texans aren't a powerhouse, but they have an abyssmal line, and carr is always among the sacked leaders. i don't get it. i understand about the injuries and maybe he was holding back, but he better not do that against the bears or any good teams. i thought it was hilarious when during the bye week TL said that we were already blitzing 35 - 40 % of the time and he wasn't changing the scheme. then the next few weeks we start blitzing like a madhouse. i mean does this guy think that we weren't watching the first few games? we didn't blitz at all. yesterday was exactly like the first couple of weeks, the difference being we were playing a bad team so it didn't burn us. i am giving him a pass on this one considering the opponent and the injury situation. hopefully we get back on track this week.

It just doesnt make any sence.How many times do we have to play cover 2, before we realize it just doesnt work? Our LB's and our safties strength is in the blitz. Our Corners strengths are man to man. Why the fuck would we take 2 steps back, after the last 5 dominating defensive games we had? He better throw that shit game plan out the window if he thinks we'll have a shot at the bears. :furious:

It just doesnt make any sence.How many times do we have to play cover 2, before we realize it just doesnt work? Our LB's and our safties strength is in the blitz. Our Corners strengths are man to man. Why the fuck would we take 2 steps back, after the last 5 dominating defensive games we had? He better throw that shit game plan out the window if he thinks we'll have a shot at the bears. :furious:

Maybe he does not want to show the Bears anything and we can throw anything we want at them. It's like they do not know what's comming. I will put money on it that we will be blitzing next week. Look what the Fins did to them. We have to watch the film and take a page out of their book.

My only thought is that he thought we were going to beat the Texans no matter what he did. So he thought he'd seriously fuck with the bears heads studying film this week. But I really just cant see that. It almost cost us the game.

Guys, they did some blitzing yesterday, but the Texans did a good job picking those guys up. The Texans line, which was much maligned, actually did a good job yesterday. We had one sack and that was when Carr fell over and Kiwi touched him.

I noticed we weren't blitzing also but I wasn't sure how much carr getting rid of the ball very quickly had to do with it.

However I noticed we were passing first. We did not establish the run like we were supposed to. We should've ran the ball down their throats the same way we ran it down the Colts'.