SportsWrath

RUN THE FUCKING BALL

Herc

Thanks for someone other than myself for finally saying that! I couldn't agree more with you!

Nobody has stopped us yet.With our DEs hurting,it will be all about ball control.TB slowed down Tiki some,but not the BIG guy! :TU:

heh, and for the record i made this thread when we were losing in the 3rd and coughlin decided we were down by so much (3) that we should only throw the ball. he obviously read this thread on the sidelines before the 4th and took my advice

heh, and for the record i made this thread when we were losing in the 3rd and coughlin decided we were down by so much (3) that we should only throw the ball. he obviously read this thread on the sidelines before the 4th and took my advice

he couldn't. he was too busy trying to get the fans to cheer. shrink that signature already, willya?

Winning covers a lot of mishabs. As veteran fans who know a bit more about football than the average fan, we're pointing this out because it may bite us in the ass one day.

It may??? It will. Hopefully not in the playoffs, because we all know how Huffnagle likes to adjust.

A balanced offense is what keeps the defense guessing. We tried to run in Philly and it was to no avail. I honestly believe that we may need to get another big o-lineman to become a dominant running team. Jacobs has helped but lets not forget that this team couldn't get a 3 and 1 for many years. Jacobs is usually carrying a few defenders on his back to get his yards and Tiki is usually juking the first couple of defenders in the bacfield to get his yards.

I want the team to run the ball too but make no mistake, our passing game opens up our running game. This is not the 1990 Giants and we can't go one dimensional.

A balanced offense is what keeps the defense guessing. We tried to run in Philly and it was to no avail. I honestly believe that we may need to get another big o-lineman to become a dominant running team. Jacobs has helped but lets not forget that this team couldn't get a 3 and 1 for many years. Jacobs is usually carrying a few defenders on his back to get his yards and Tiki is usually juking the first couple of defenders in the bacfield to get his yards.

I want the team to run the ball too but make no mistake, our passing game opens up our running game. This is not the 1990 Giants and we can't go one dimensional.

right, we can't, which is why when we fall behind by 3 we shouldn't exclusively throw the ball. i'm imploring coughlin to implement some balance.

also, IMO the reason why we came back against philly is because we didn't stop running the ball and the reason why we didn't come back against seattle was that we stopped running it

right, we can't, which is why when we fall behind by 3 we shouldn't exclusively throw the ball. i'm imploring coughlin to implement some balance.

also, IMO the reason why we came back against philly is because we didn't stop running the ball and the reason why we didn't come back against seattle was that we stopped running it

the reason we did not come back against Seattle is because it is quite more manageable to come back from 17 points down on the road in the 2nd half as opposed to 33 points down on the road in the second half. We really ran out of time that game for the most part and also needed a defensive score to pad those numbers. Its almost impossible to run the ball down 33 points in the second half of a game as every second on the clock is a valuable commodity at that point. I think we could have had Jim Brown and Barry Sanders in the backfield that day and it would not have mattered.

Aside from that Philly game and the Tampa game(where the weather conditions allowed both defenses to stack 8-9 in the box)we have run the ball exceptionally well all year. Everyones favorite whipping boy Luke Pettigout has been as good as a LT can be this year in the run game(Giants numbers running left are staggering). The O line on a whole has been as good as any in the league getting push and establishing the line of scrimmage to establish the run attack. Jacobs has been great in short yardage, but credit for that MUST go to the O line. Suebert in there as an extra blocking TE has also added another unique dimension to a rapidly improvng O line.

Our O line is starting to gel and play as well as any we have had the last 10 years, another O linemen is not needed.

There's nothing wrong with what you said. The run opens up the pass and vice versa. Our grief is that we seem to want to pass first and run 2nd... that's what got us in the hole in Seatle. First n ten.. we pass.. intercepted... :doh:

The way I see it, run it till the other team stop the run.. that means they commit more people to the box.. this opens up the pass...