SportsWrath

Post your five Pre-Preseason Opener Predictions for the Giants!

Sephiroth

Jim bumping the thread this week was fun. So why not?

1. Hakeem Nicks is a borderline Pro Bowler this season, who builds a rep for being one of the most physical, tough receivers in the NFC. I don't expect a lot of bombs thrown Nicks' way, but I can easily see him catching a slant, running over a corner and stiff-arming a safety on the way to the end zone. He's not very fast... look at tape of him from last year, he's just NOT... but he's very strong with good hands. By season's end, he'll be a household name.

2. The Giants D returns to form, but not because of better defensive backfield play. The front four are going to be a nightmare for opposing QBs. Justin Tuck returns to double-digit sacks, and Osi/Kiwi combine for about 18 between the two of them. JPP gets a handful on rushes from the LB position, and Chris Canty also returns to form... which is to say... he's average. Alford is still a year away from being a force, but Joseph is a day-one starter and absolute beast in the middle.

3. Ahmad Bradshaw becomes a legit force, proving all of his "too small" critics wrong. He takes the job from Jacobs in the preseason and never looks back. He finishes the season with over 1,000 yards and chips in another 400 receiving yards.

4. Kenny Phillips is on injured reserve by week 5 after having his knee drained each week after his final three games.. Sorry, folks... his career is over.

5. The Giants return to the playoffs this season, and win their first postseason game. No Championship, no Superbowl, but a very satisfying season out of our Gmen this year.

P.S. - Sinorice Moss finishes with 3000 yards and 55 TDs, improving on last year's numbers. The stadium is renamed "Sinorice Moss Stadium" and the nosebleed seats are removed to honor Moss' vertical challenged-ness.

1. Eli will continue his trend of getting better every season. His numbers may not be as high as last season but it will be evident in his play.

2. Jacobs will have a bounce-back season, although probably not statistically his best season.

3. Keith Bullock will shine as MLB for the giants. No pro-bowl but he will provide leadership and solid play for our linebacker corps.

4. Giants defense will be in the top ten in the league for turnovers.

5. DT Linval Joseph will be our most productive rookie player.

1. Eli will continue his trend of getting better every season. His numbers may not be as high as last season but it will be evident in his play.

2. Jacobs will have a bounce-back season, although probably not statistically his best season.

3. Keith Bullock will shine as MLB for the giants. No pro-bowl but he will provide leadership and solid play for our linebacker corps.

4. Giants defense will be in the top ten in the league for turnovers.

5. DT Linval Joseph will be our most productive rookie player.

I can't find fault here. I don't think Eli's passing yards will suffer too greatly, or even at all. There's too many weapons in the passing game, our new strength, for that. It's a much deeper corps than when we had two 1000 yard rushers.

I don't have any specific predictions but I'd remind you that the we've looked horrible in the last few preseason openers. I remember saying "what the hell are they doing up there (Albany)?!?!" while watching our starters getting their butts kicked.

• 3 months later...

1. Hakeem Nicks is a borderline Pro Bowler this season, who builds a rep for being one of the most physical, tough receivers in the NFC. I don't expect a lot of bombs thrown Nicks' way, but I can easily see him catching a slant, running over a corner and stiff-arming a safety on the way to the end zone. He's not very fast... look at tape of him from last year, he's just NOT... but he's very strong with good hands. By season's end, he'll be a household name.

2. The Giants D returns to form, but not because of better defensive backfield play. The front four are going to be a nightmare for opposing QBs. Justin Tuck returns to double-digit sacks, and Osi/Kiwi combine for about 18 between the two of them. JPP gets a handful on rushes from the LB position, and Chris Canty also returns to form... which is to say... he's average. Alford is still a year away from being a force, but Joseph is a day-one starter and absolute beast in the middle.

3. Ahmad Bradshaw becomes a legit force, proving all of his "too small" critics wrong. He takes the job from Jacobs in the preseason and never looks back. He finishes the season with over 1,000 yards and chips in another 400 receiving yards.

4. Kenny Phillips is on injured reserve by week 5 after having his knee drained each week after his final three games.. Sorry, folks... his career is over.

5. The Giants return to the playoffs this season, and win their first postseason game. No Championship, no Superbowl, but a very satisfying season out of our Gmen this year.

P.S. - Sinorice Moss finishes with 3000 yards and 55 TDs, improving on last year's numbers. The stadium is renamed "Sinorice Moss Stadium" and the nosebleed seats are removed to honor Moss' vertical challenged-ness.

...I'd say I'm pretty much spot-on except for #4, and hopefully we do better than #5. TU:

Has Linval been playing recently?

I believe he has been inactive since week 2. Not necessarily an indictment on him. Canty, Bernard and Cofield have been solid and Fewel likes getting Tuck, Osi and the Maitre D out there at the same time.

I believe he has been inactive since week 2. Not necessarily an indictment on him. Canty, Bernard and Cofield have been solid and Fewel likes getting Tuck, Osi and the Maitre D out there at the same time.

lol

Bernard's really picked up his game. I guess the knee really was limiting him last year?

Seph, as I was reading your predictions, I was amazed. Other than Phillips (which Im glad as hell you were wrong...lol) you were SPOT FUCKIN ON!!

Any chance you could give me the winning lottery numbers? I swear Ill give you your cut. :smartass:

I say you missed everything in red, especially that Sinorice Moss prediction :P I also can't prove #5, but my gut is saying we have a good run in us. Don't know where the JPP linebacker position prediction came from, but he has made an impact, and Canty has been better than average most games. Been a real good player for us.