SportsWrath

Giants Make Offer To Jennings

Mr. P

Giving up on Wilson?

Jennings is going to be 29. Probably just a insurance policy. I could still see them drafting a RB and that might mean the end of Wilson if they aren't satisfied with his progress in OTA's. To dump a first rounder after two years is a little rough, but with rookie wage scale it's not has a big deal anymore.

Eh, they have an offer in...they just don't want to announce to the world they're tampering. At the very least, they have an offer ready to present at 4:02 or so.

And no, I don't think this is a give up on Wilson thing. But, if I'm the Giants, when negotiating with Jennings, I'm telling him I'm giving up on Wilson.

End of the day, having Jennings, Wilson, and Hillis would be a fine stable of horses for my money.

Eh, they have an offer in...they just don't want to announce to the world they're tampering. At the very least, they have an offer ready to present at 4:02 or so.

And no, I don't think this is a give up on Wilson thing. But, if I'm the Giants, when negotiating with Jennings, I'm telling him I'm giving up on Wilson.

End of the day, having Jennings, Wilson, and Hillis would be a fine stable of horses for my money.

Exactly, no negotiations or an offer can be submitted to a free agent from another team until after 4PM today. I suspect the board will light up after 4 and there'll be a couple of big signings announced within 24 hours. If Oakland wants to keep Jennings, they'll have him bagged and signed before the deadline.

Exactly, no negotiations or an offer can be submitted to a free agent from another team until after 4PM today. I suspect the board will light up after 4 and there'll be a couple of big signings announced within 24 hours. If Oakland wants to keep Jennings, they'll have him bagged and signed before the deadline.

Especially now that they know the Giants have a contract and check in hand. A lot depends on what Jennings wants at this point I suppose.

I think it was a bunch of horseshit, they wanted him over Martin "all along"

All I know is that display of Backs we had last year were hard to watch, I hope I'm wrong..but I don't see what they see in him.

Especially now that they know the Giants have a contract and check in hand. A lot depends on what Jennings wants at this point I suppose.

You have to wonder how much of these rumors are started to try and force a team to sign someone for more than they're worth. It's a chess game between owners and they are not above starting rumors to force a team to overpay. I think we've been duped into it many times from other teams - hence our cap mess for the last couple of years.