SportsWrath

Did anyone hear Cashman on WFAN todaY?

gateb

It was hilarious. Russo started saying that Lidle was basically going to suck for the Yankees and Cashman started flipping out on Cashman, saying how he was wrong with Wang a couple of years ago, and that stuff. Then, after a couple of other names being shouted at each other, Russo goes for the kill.

"Yeah, Brian, how about Jarrett Wright, how's that been working out for you?"

(no response)

"You there Brian?"

"Yeah, I'm just biting my lip because your annoying the heck out of me."

They just kept going at each other, anyone else hear it?

It was hilarious. Russo started saying that Lidle was basically going to suck for the Yankees and Cashman started flipping out on Cashman, saying how he was wrong with Wang a couple of years ago, and that stuff. Then, after a couple of other names being shouted at each other, Russo goes for the kill.

"Yeah, Brian, how about Jarrett Wright, how's that been working out for you?"

(no response)

"You there Brian?"

"Yeah, I'm just biting my lip because your annoying the heck out of me."

They just kept going at each other, anyone else hear it?

I did. Just saw a clip of it on YES. They were going at each other pretty good. Chris Russo is an asshole in my opinion, as is that fat bastard he works with.

That was pretty good...I just listened....Ca$hmoney was kind of right to call him out on him just blunty saying Lidle is a terrible pitcher...you can just group players as either A. Great or B. Terrible, then he does the same exact thing with Farns and Wright. What about Farnswroth K'ing Ortiz in late situations..and Wright hasn't been pitching great this year but he certainly has been an adequate starter for the 4th/5th guy. I like how he defends his players.

Even though I hate Russo, I'll give him credit on two accounts. At least he doesn't suck up to his famous people he interviews like Francesa does then talk behind their backs. And the fact that he did make Cashman look pretty bad.

In Cashman's defense though, Russo had no right doing what he did right to him.

I like listening to Mad Dog and all, but he was waaaay off base on this whole rant. First he was trying to get Cashman to say that it's obvious Sheffield's option won't be picked up for next year now (which I'm not even convinced is true). What GM in their right mind would come out and say that about an important player in the heat of the pennant race? Russo was basically saying Cashman had no credibility because he wouldn't say this. As for Farnsworth, from an outsider's perspective I'd have to say he really hasn't been bad at all for the Yanks. He had a little bit of a rough start, but he's been pretty good for much of the year. Russo just has some weird thing against him and can't let it go. It also seems that he has a real bug up his ass about Cashman. I mean, I appreciate honest radio and engaging questions, but he crosses the line a lot into abusive, childish behavior.

Well, Jaret Wright has actually been really lucky. He's survived with a .301 BA against and a 1.58 WHIP despite low strikeout rates. His era should be well above the 4.73 it's at now.

but it's not.

cash abused him, I dont know what you guys are talking about. He basically said to russo...Im the gm of the worlds greatest sports franchise and you get paid to argue with morons on the radio...you couldnt shine my shoes bitch

:LMAO:

cash abused him, I dont know what you guys are talking about. He basically said to russo...Im the gm of the worlds greatest sports franchise and you get paid to argue with morons on the radio...you couldnt shine my shoes bitch

Not really. He didn't have a comeback to the Wright thing as I said in the first post. He stuttered a lot and it seemed that as soon as he finally got Russo one time he got him right back.

He certainly did not abuse him.

cashthuglife.jpg

Not really. He didn't have a comeback to the Wright thing as I said in the first post. He stuttered a lot and it seemed that as soon as he finally got Russo one time he got him right back.

He certainly did not abuse him.

Yeh really. Cashman made Mad Dog look like an incompetent fool who is nothing but a Yankee hater because his damn dad was never there to take him to a Yankee game. Cash remained relatively calm while Mad Dog was foaming at the mouth and bringing up shit that had nothing to do with the arguement.

And for starters, Cashman didint sign Jaret Wright. The "Tampa Faction" and Steinbrenner did.