SportsWrath

Milledge to AAA

Blue Jeans

That's pretty funny, but you have to blame Pedro for not taking the easy DP. The idiot! No wonder the Sox fans cheered him when he came out.

The shift was on and the 3bmen was almost at the SS spot when the ball was hit. A smart baseball player and fan realizes that in the 1st inning you take the sure out. Leading a 3bmen to the bag with a throw is not a common baseball occurence and there was no one at the bag.

Pedro is known as one of the craftiest pitchers around and a true student of the game, one play(where a disphit like you still does not know the scenario) and he is an 'idiot'. Jesus Christ its easy bitch slapping you.

God this gets boring for me. :drool:

The shift was on and the 3bmen was almost at the SS spot when the ball was hit. A smart baseball player and fan realizes that in the 1st inning you take the sure out. Leading a 3bmen to the bag with a throw is not a common baseball occurence and there was no one at the bag.

Pedro is known as one of the craftiest pitchers around and a true student of the game, one play(where a disphit like you still does not know the scenario) and he is an 'idiot'. Jesus Christ its easy bitch slapping you.

God this gets boring for me. :drool:

I don't know what game you were watching. No one at the bag? You have less baseball savvy than a 13 yr old, but you really should open your eyes. Easy DP, then a pop up to end the inning with a scoreless game. And, you're right! It is getting boring. Adios.

Pedro blew the play, plain and simple. The point is, he never should've looked to third in the first place, because the throw on that play is always to second. He admitted as much.

I don't know what game you were watching. No one at the bag? You have less baseball savvy than a 13 yr old, but you really should open your eyes. Easy DP, then a pop up to end the inning with a scoreless game. And, you're right! It is getting boring. Adios.

Are you saying that David Wright was at 3B when he fielded the ball? You are kidding right?

In fact Reyes was not at 2B when the ball was cleanly fielded thanks to the shift.

Umm the announcers themselves said that since the shift was on(you do know what that is correct?) there was no one at the bag. rewatch the SNY telecast, Hernandez said it at the time and said it in the postgame.

No matter what the play, implying Pedro to be an idiot is moronic on your part, but you do fit that role well.

How come no response to my schooling you ass on NY baseball attendance since 1962?

Umm the announcers themselves said that since the shift was on(you do know what that is correct?) there was no one at the bag. rewatch the SNY telecast, Hernandez said it at the time and said it in the postgame.

No matter what the play, implying Pedro to be an idiot is moronic on your part, but you do fit that role well.

How come no response to my schooling you ass on NY baseball attendance since 1962?

Yeah, yeah. Go back and read my post. I stated the Yanks out drew the Mets since the Mets inception. You came up with figures saying what years the Mets outdrew the Yanks yet failed to prove my statement wrong. When you can do that, I'll eat crow.

Yeah, yeah. Go back and read my post. I stated the Yanks out drew the Mets since the Mets inception. You came up with figures saying what years the Mets outdrew the Yanks yet failed to prove my statement wrong. When you can do that, I'll eat crow.

My point is that up until 1996, the attendance figures were close and if you added them up probably in the Mets favor. It was 10 short years ago until bandwagoners like you came around that Yankee Stadium was a ghostown. The Mets outdrew them plenty of years and by man a person. In fact the decade of the 1960's and 1980's were 2 decades where the Mets detsroyed them attendance wise. I suspect if the Yanks put a product on the field like they did in the mid to late 60's again that trend would come back, as it did to the Wilpons the past 10 years.

Mets drew 3 mill long before they did, Mets drew 2 mil in the late 60's and early 70's being the only team in MLB to do so.

Your across the board statement of "outdrew since they were born" was both wrong and unfounded, based simply on your assumptions. As usual when proven wrong(and laughed at by various posters) you fail to respond.

My point is that up until 1996, the attendance figures were close and if you added them up probably in the Mets favor. It was 10 short years ago until bandwagoners like you came around that Yankee Stadium was a ghostown. The Mets outdrew them plenty of years and by man a person. In fact the decade of the 1960's and 1980's were 2 decades where the Mets detsroyed them attendance wise. I suspect if the Yanks put a product on the field like they did in the mid to late 60's again that trend would come back, as it did to the Wilpons the past 10 years.

Mets drew 3 mill long before they did, Mets drew 2 mil in the late 60's and early 70's being the only team in MLB to do so.

Your across the board statement of "outdrew since they were born" was both wrong and unfounded, based simply on your assumptions. As usual when proven wrong(and laughed at by various posters) you fail to respond.

Twist it around any way you want. Maybe I made an assumption, but I did assume correctly. Did I not?

As far as being a bandwagoner, I bled through the late 60's and early 70's, as well as the 80's when Steinbrenner was mad at the fans for chanting he sucks.

I take offense to that.

I take offense to that.

Sorry, B, but no need to take offense. You bring a lot of common sense to these debates, but you're the youngest I could think of.

Anyway, I wouldn't send Milledge down just yet. The Mets still have a commanding lead. Let him face some more ML pitching for the experience. He's really messed up at the plate right now, and I'm of the opinion it has an effect on his fielding.

I do think he should quit trying to hit everything out of sight and start going with the pitch.

Sorry, B, but no need to take offense. You bring a lot of common sense to these debates, but you're the youngest I could think of.

Anyway, I wouldn't send Milledge down just yet. The Mets still have a commanding lead. Let him face some more ML pitching for the experience. He's really messed up at the plate right now, and I'm of the opinion it has an effect on his fielding.

I do think he should quit trying to hit everything out of sight and start going with the pitch.

If Milledge is in the lineup through this whole Yankees series I am afraid we may ruin him. He needs to go back down, get out of his slumps, and continue improving. Victor Diaz is already ruined and there is no need to ruin a 5-tool super-prospect like Milledge when he isn't ready toi be here.

This was a joke right? If not sorry for laughin :(

I was joking. :TU:

Milledge should've been sent down a couple of weeks earlier anyway. We got him his taste of major league ball, and we've seen what we can get out of him in the future. He needs to patch up a good amount of things though.