SportsWrath

Giants vs Chiefs

BlueInCanada

8 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

I suppose it could have also been operator error. 

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

So is judge just a fucking moron?

Is he trying to lie his way out of blame?

I think that 'operator error' may be a fair reading between the lines of the NFL's comments.

In which case, did Judge just toss some of the team staff under the bus? 

Or is the league just totally full of shit because the comm equipment is sponsor-provided?

4 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think that 'operator error' may be a fair reading between the lines of the NFL's comments.

In which case, did Judge just toss some of the team staff under the bus? 

Or is the league just totally full of shit because the comm equipment is sponsor-provided?

I'll give him that it very well could be operator error but if that's the case just come out and say it.

Don't be a bitch about it and blame the NFL and throw your coordinators under the bus effectively saying they don't communicate with you. 

Like the team is going to hear the NFL say that everything works correctly and there were no issues, you think they are going to trust you after that? 

Catch you in a blatant lie trying to work your way out of the blame of awful game management? 

13 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

And the worst part is he didn’t tell the officials so they could disable the chiefs headsets for fairness. 

I'm not sure if we know that for certain... the league said they didn't hear about it through the proper channels, but maybe it wasn't the team that dropped the ball on communicating the headset issue properly?...

No clue, I have no idea what the 'proper channels' are for this sort of thing. But I have a feeling all the details will be in The Athletic by Thursday. 

I do recall seeing other teams in the past burn a time out due to a headset issue. But it was like *a* time out. not repeatedly, across multiple games. 

2 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I'm not sure if we know that for certain... the league said they didn't hear about it through the proper channels, but maybe it wasn't the team that dropped the ball on communicating the headset issue properly?...

No clue, I have no idea what the 'proper channels' are for this sort of thing. But I have a feeling all the details will be in The Athletic by Thursday. 

I do recall seeing other teams in the past burn a time out due to a headset issue. But it was like *a* time out. not repeatedly, across multiple games. 

Honestly that sounds like a lot of backbending to make Judge not sound incompetent. 

17 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

NFL: "So Joe we talked with our on the field technicians and the NFL crews and none of them can find anything you're talking about, there was never an issue technically with the headsets"

Judge: "But did you trust the process?"

11 hours ago, Pdouble said:

Joe “excuses” Judge

Well you tell the refs and both sides take off their headsets until it is fixed.  This has been the move since about 1981... 40 fucking years ago.  Jesus H. Christ even fans know this.

8 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Lolololol 

A fucking multi billion dollar sports team and he's blaming the headsets? 

Don't they plan for headset failure? Already most coaches do? In case of this happening? 

I guess Judge needs to watch some more tape.

The go to for 40 years is that both sides take off their headsets until things are fixed.  Simple.  Motherfucker blew two timeouts for bullshit.  What a complete asshole.  At this point Ray Handley was better.  ;)

6 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

How pathetic is it that our HC who's all about accountability and discipline is now blaming his horrible game management on a headset issues that we suddenly hear about now.

Like for fuck sakes Judge practice what you preach you spineless loser and grow a pair.

Maybe show this team some accountability, might go a ways in landing another coaching job after this one.

He needs to go back to special teams... at the college level and not Division 1 either.

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

as much of Judge's comments as I've been able to find here:

“The headsets were going out. We are having headset issues. This has happened in every game so far," Judge told reporters after the game. "We deal with the league and they keep telling us there are different software updates or whatever it is, but we had to call two timeouts today because we were trying to send the deals in personnel wise and you got half of the headsets not getting reception."

"That is the issue right there. We are trying to make the right call. There were other times it was not the right look. I wanted to make sure we settled down, but the other one with the substitution right there, that is a breakdown. We have to make sure the hardware is working. So whatever the issue with that is, the people involved better get it fixed fast.”

"At one point, we tried to go back to the old equipment, and they told us we were not allowed to do it for whatever reason. We didn’t have issues with it last year for the most part. Hopefully we will figure that out."

....man, that is an awful lot of detail; if he isn't telling the truth then he's a pathological liar. 

And the thing that always worried me about him is this: He's a smooth enough talker to be a pathological liar. 

well.... if that's who he is, its about to all come tumbling down.

or maybe he's telling the truth and the league spokespeople are covering their own asses.

Liars often over emote.  If it were true he would just say the headphones stopped working.  He still should have told the refs so they were aware of it and by rule have to disable the other teams headsets and not charge the team time outs.  As a former therapist I would often counsel people on this.  The truth is short and sweet...lies are often too elaborate.  

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I'll give him that it very well could be operator error but if that's the case just come out and say it.

Don't be a bitch about it and blame the NFL and throw your coordinators under the bus effectively saying they don't communicate with you. 

Like the team is going to hear the NFL say that everything works correctly and there were no issues, you think they are going to trust you after that? 

Catch you in a blatant lie trying to work your way out of the blame of awful game management? 

Judge has Occam's Razor written all over his face.  The simplest explanation is the true one here... he literally sucks as a head coach and has zero ability to teach and/or lead good/decent/or not, coaching or playing talent.

IF it’s true and a league wide thing, then Judge is the only one using it as an excuse. 

Also doesn’t explain why he didn’t say anything to the refs to have them also shut down the chiefs headsets.

If it’s true it almost makes him look less competent. 

no, Boomer said that all the teams have had this problem and some folks are getting reamed out over it. 

The only difference here is, Judge was asked (and answered) the question.

so its fair to question why they were not prepared with hand signals or what not, but the whole 'excuses, excuses' thing... well that just makes us look like idiots. Because its not an 'excuse' if you're just answering the question honestly. It becomes an excuse when you're bringing up things that are minor or immaterial to the issue.

And I found an explanation of the rules for coach-to-player comms:

The rules are simple: Communication between coach and player is cut off automatically with 15 seconds left on the play clock by the game-day coordinator, and if one team’s system fails, the other team does not have to shut its system down.

Insider Knowledge: NFL coach-to-player communication - Sportsnet.ca

I think back in the day it was true that both teams had to shut down the comm system if one went down, but I vaguely recall some fiascos around that too, where a team that wasn't so reliant on the radio - I think this was Chip Kelly's Eagles? anybody else remember this? - was accused of pretending that their comm system was down so the other team would have to turn theirs off --- because they didn't care, they were sending in plays with hand signals and placards. So maybe that's why that isn't the case anymore. 

So I still don't understand here lol 

Is Judge saying that he doesnt understand that the headsets get turned off? 

Because the NFL said that everything was fine.

The only thing I can find on this is Boomer saying "I know of blah blah blah"

Which is the same thing pundits do when they say "my anonymous source told me blah blah blah"

So far no other team has publically said anything about headsets.

Which to me is strange if it was a league wide issue as Boomers "sources" claims it is. 

16 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

So far no other team has publically said anything about headsets.

Which to me is strange if it was a league wide issue as Boomers "sources" claims it is. 

Boomer addressed that too. Coaches get fined for speaking out about things like that. 

The unspoken word there is the league is protecting their sponsor.

Note, Boomer goes on and on, about how it's not Bose's fault.

1 hour ago, Pdouble said:

I stand corrected on that. I swear it was the case at one point. 

but it seems every other team is better prepared for this problem than Joey Headsets. 

I did too, I'm almost certain you're right that it was like that at one point.

And yeah.... Let's give him shit about not having a plan for how to deal with it.