SportsWrath

David Carr's top 5 teammates.

BlueInCanada

https://www.nfl.com/news/eli-manning-steve-smith-lead-david-carr-s-top-nfl-teammates

4) Justin Tuck, D-lineman extraordinaire, retired

Tuck was Carr's teammate in 2008-09 and 2011-12 with the New York Giants.

Tuck, a two-time Pro Bowler, was respected in the locker room and on the field. At 6-foot-5, 265 pounds, he had the build of a running back who was injected with Captain America's Super-Soldier Serum.

For real, though: Tuck always wanted the tough assignment. When game-planning for a matchup with Robert Griffin III during his rookie season, one of the first questions in the team meeting was "Who's going to spy RG3?" Tuck immediately replied "I got it." As you can imagine, people in the room chuckled and I thought (like most others who were present), you're a defensive lineman, you don't have it. Well, Tuck had it all right. Of course, the dynamic rookie made his plays but Tuck was always right there with him. During my decade in the league, I learned that there aren't a lot of guys like Tuck who are willing to take on something so out of the ordinary from their usual position duties.

1) Eli Manning, quarterback, retired

Manning was Carr's teammate in 2008-09 and 2011-12 with the New York Giants.

There's so much that I've already said about Manning. He's a phenomenal leader, but I'm going to discuss his football IQ and anticipation on the field here. He spent so much time in the film room, determined to know not only his role but that of every player on the field. Leading up to Super Bowl XLVI, we had studied the New England Patriots to no end, but Manning insisted that we watch every Patriots game from seven or eight seasons prior to see if what they put on tape matched up with what our game plan was. This sort of thing happened all the time with Eli.

When it came to his anticipation, he was on a different level. There were so many times when Manning made a throw and fans and commentators would say, "What was he thinking on that pass?" They didn't understand that Manning knew where the soft spot of the defense was and expected his receiver to be in that spot (or close to it). After watching the film of these plays, we often realized that, yeah, you know what? The receiver WAS supposed to be where Eli threw the ball. The rest of our team, myself included at times, wasn't on his wavelength.

Manning went through a lot in New York and he faced constant scrutiny, weathering storm after storm to finish his career with two titles and a Super Bowl MVP award for each.

DATS MY FUCKING FORMER QB!

• 2 months later...