SportsWrath

Imagine if everyone stayed healthy and mcadoo didn’t suck and we were as good as we were last year

Herc

What sucks is that JPP and Vernon should have replacements drafted, but we can't afford to do that given more pressing deficiencies elsewhere. The defensive line will likely have to stick it out pretty much as is next season. Maybe bring in another guy for rotation purposes...but that's about it. Same can be said for the secondary. Apple I'm guessing has played his way out of NY...though I'd keep him. If he's as much of a bitch as he's been this season, I might just let Collins beat his ass in one of those unmonitored areas of the facility (ala the laundry area in every prison movie ever made).

QB

Oline

OLB/DE

Oline

That's my initial thought on the first 4 rounds. The TEs are fine, as are the WRs. RBs will suffice. If that Scarbrough kid who I've seen mocked to us in the 4th is available, I'd entertain a RB in the 4th so long as we go back to the Oline in the 5th. With that said, there are some interesting names on the RB free agent list: Crowell (Cleveland), Darkwa (Giants), Lewis (New England), McKinnon (Minnesota) that I'd certainly entertain as well.

Really? Don't we have a bro bowl safety? a pro bowl DT? Don't we have arguable the best WR in the game? Don't we have a start TE who can only get better from here on? Jack Rabbit and DRC now suck? To say the Giants are somehow the Browns is a bit of an overreach...

Where did I say they were the Browns? lol

What has this pro bowl safety done this year besdies regress? Collins looks nothing like he did last year and is more of a LB than a safety at this point.

Who is the safety across from him? We have been getting beat deep all year becasue Collins cant cover and the FS is non existant on this team.

We have a DT who is going on 30 and will be in the downside of his career, and a rookie who looks capeable but isnt at the same level yet.

Who are the DEs on the team? When's the last time you've seen this "HEAVILY PAID" pass rush do anything besides mop up acouple sacks in grbage time of any game? Vernon and JPP can play the run but both of them are either going to be a) let go because of contract reasons or b) we need to draft TWO DEs who can rush the passer.

Who are the corners on the team? Jenkins is showing why he was let go by the Rams, DRC is gone in FA this year, and Apple is a fucking headcase who might be let go. Cockrell has been a nice surprise but he cant roll against teams #1/#2.

Who are the LBs on the team? Not a single one of them can cover a NFL caliber TE or slow WR and have been exposed, Mudson and Goodson are the only two worth mentioning and they should be relegated to backup/relief duties.

If you actually read my post you can see what I gave credit to the WR core and Engram, but you didnt so lol

We are going to need two to three starter Olineman next year, since we cant keep all of them hitting FA.

We are going to need a slot WR who is capable of actually catching a pass.

We are going to need a RB who doesn't give up at first contact, which is now Gallamans new trick.

We are more than likely going to need a new QB.

This team is in need of an overhaul which includes dumping very very unfriendly and overpaid contracts along with rebuilding core units on the team starting with the Oline and LBs, followed by the secondary and Dline.

Can it be done in a single offseason? Sure why not, but with a new GM/FO staff/HC with his own coordinators, I highly doubt it. They need to implement their system and find the players on the team that will fit it, or go out there and get them via FA/draft.

Like I said could it happen? Sure why not the NFL is a whacky place and the NFC East is a weird division, but do I see the Giants back in the playoffs in the next few years? No.

Blue, I think you're looking and judging every player on the team based on the record, scoreboard and stat sheet. A team is the sum of its parts and some parts need to be replaced but not all of them. Nobody is going to look great when everyone else does not. Nobody looks great on this team collectively. Individually looking at film, I believe you would see something different.