SportsWrath

Cabrera or Milledge

Ditto

if milledge wasn't hitting .238, i might buy into this argument of hitting 8th...

the question is who is better, cabrera or milledge?

not which one could be better, but who is better? Cabrera is the obvious answer right now. He is so good, i dont think matsui should replace him when he gets back.

The question is misleading. The answer to the question Who is the better player? is impossible to answer unless NASA scientists came up with formula's to calculate this type of a problem on equal standards.

Which player is playing better now? Melky Cabrera

Which player will be better? Ask NASA

Which player is the better prospect? Lastings Milledge

Which player is better? Again, ask NASA.

You can't make that assumption.

The question is misleading. The answer to the question Who is the better player? is impossible to answer unless NASA scientists came up with formula's to calculate this type of a problem on equal standards.

Which player is playing better now? Melky Cabrera

Which player will be better? Ask NASA

Which player is the better prospect? Lastings Milledge

Which player is better? Again, ask NASA.

You can't make that assumption.

yes i can, this is baseball not some fantasy geek sport. It's real simple, you watch games and you make assumptions. I watch Cabrera, and like I said before he is getting key hits off of good pitchers to help the Yanks win games. I watch him rob home runs and make diving catches. I think he also has 10 assists on the year. I dont get to watch Milledge play all that much but I saw his blunders in the field against the Sox, I see on sportscenter and hear from mets fans that he's having trouble with fly balls. I see that he's hitting .238. I am tired of hearing excuses for him. Melky is producing and helping his team win. When milledge starts doing that, then we will have an argument.

All of you keep talking about how Melky looked the same last year, but what you fail to say is how he was such a humble, hard working kid when he went back to the minors and really tried a lot to get better. Will Milledge do the same? Maybe, but his attitude sure does not make me think he will right away.

One day, maybe there wont even be an argument with these 2. maybe Milledge will be a superstar, maybe Cabrera will be. But for right now the bottom line is Milledge is hurting his team and Melky is helping his. So, right now Cabrera is the better player. There are plenty of guys who had a lot of potential and did nothing. Cabrera has done something.

Guest StrahansGap

Mets suck. Milledge will be a problem down the road (Can anyone say Terrell Owens?). I like the Yankees clubhouse right now and I would never trade for that cocky prick. It took us this long to let ARod's ego deflate, helping the morale in the clubhouse, so why would I ever want someone like Milledge?

One day, maybe there wont even be an argument with these 2. maybe Milledge will be a superstar, maybe Cabrera will be. But for right now the bottom line is Milledge is hurting his team and Melky is helping his. So, right now Cabrera is the better player. There are plenty of guys who had a lot of potential and did nothing. Cabrera has done something.

Yes, Milledge is just DESTROYING our team. I don't know how we have the best record in the NL, but with Milledge killing our team so much we look like we should be in last.

PS. Melky took away ONE homerun. GET THE FUCK OVER IT. PLENTY OF PEOPLE HAVE DONE IT.

yes i can, this is baseball not some fantasy geek sport. It's real simple, you watch games and you make assumptions. I watch Cabrera, and like I said before he is getting key hits off of good pitchers to help the Yanks win games. I watch him rob home runs and make diving catches. I think he also has 10 assists on the year. I dont get to watch Milledge play all that much but I saw his blunders in the field against the Sox, I see on sportscenter and hear from mets fans that he's having trouble with fly balls. I see that he's hitting .238. I am tired of hearing excuses for him. Melky is producing and helping his team win. When milledge starts doing that, then we will have an argument.

All of you keep talking about how Melky looked the same last year, but what you fail to say is how he was such a humble, hard working kid when he went back to the minors and really tried a lot to get better. Will Milledge do the same? Maybe, but his attitude sure does not make me think he will right away.

Ok. Who, in the Yankee lineup, is most likely to NOT get pitched around to get to a perceived "weaker" hitter? As good as Cabrera has been, he definitely is benefitting from hitting in a lineup that has an All Star (or former All Star) at every position. There is nothing wrong with that. He still has to do his job and he's done it very well. I don't even really like Milledge. I think he's going to be a trouble maker. I might be wrong, only time will tell. I just don't think you can really compare the two at this point. Milledge is in a totally different situation, and Randolph seems to like to test young players by putting them in the 8 hole so they can "earn their chops" as he puts it. He did it with David Wright last season. Like it or not, there is a huge difference between hitting 8th in the NL than hitting even 9th in the AL with the lineup the Yankees have.

Right now, Melky LOOKS better, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is the better player. Only time will give us that answer. It's way too early for this argument now.

Yes, Milledge is just DESTROYING our team. I don't know how we have the best record in the NL, but with Milledge killing our team so much we look like we should be in last.

PS. Melky took away ONE homerun. GET THE FUCK OVER IT. PLENTY OF PEOPLE HAVE DONE IT.

yeah and he's done the same type of play on foul balls and has made a bunch of diving catches. The only reason it is relevant is because MILLEDGE CANT EVEN CATCH A FLY BALL HIT RIGHT TO HIM!!!!

I can not believe you can actually sit here right now and say Milledge is better than Cabrera.

Ok. Who, in the Yankee lineup, is most likely to NOT get pitched around to get to a perceived "weaker" hitter? As good as Cabrera has been, he definitely is benefitting from hitting in a lineup that has an All Star (or former All Star) at every position. There is nothing wrong with that. He still has to do his job and he's done it very well. I don't even really like Milledge. I think he's going to be a trouble maker. I might be wrong, only time will tell. I just don't think you can really compare the two at this point. Milledge is in a totally different situation, and Randolph seems to like to test young players by putting them in the 8 hole so they can "earn their chops" as he puts it. He did it with David Wright last season. Like it or not, there is a huge difference between hitting 8th in the NL then hitting even 9th in the AL with the lineup the Yankees have.

Right now, Melky LOOKS better, but that doesn't necessarily means he is the better player. Only time will give us that answer. It's way too ear;y for this argument now.

i understand what you're saying but cabrera has also batted a lot of 8th and 7th with guys like nick green, miguel cairo, and aaron guiel behind him for a while. Also Damon has been out fo the lineup about 10-15 games where cabrera has batted lead off. He is not just a 9 hitter. it's a weak argument, because it is not the difference of batting .240 and .290.

i understand what you're saying but cabrera has also batted a lot of 8th and 7th with guys like nick green, miguel cairo, and aaron guiel behind him for a while. Also Damon has been out fo the lineup about 10-15 games where cabrera has batted lead off. He is not just a 9 hitter. it's a weak argument, because it is not the difference of batting .240 and .290.

Maybe not, but add to the equation the fact that Milledge is a highly touted prospect getting his first taste of the majors, clearly trying to make an impression and it's not surprising that he's struggled. If he was hitting 2nd in front of Beltran, he would most definitely see better pitches to hit. Maybe he would still be hitting .240, but you have to admit it would be alot easier to hit in that spot than to hit in front of an automatic out.

Maybe not, but add to the equation the fact that Milledge is a highly touted prospect getting his first taste of the majors, clearly trying to make an impression and it's not surprising that he's struggled. If he was hitting 2nd in front of Beltran, he would most definitely see better pitches to hit. Maybe he would still be hitting .240, but you have to admit it would be alot easier to hit in that spot than to hit in front of an automatic out.

if you guys said that he would hit more home runs hitting with more protection than i would understand that. But baseball is a game of adjustments. If you arent getting fat pitches then you need to adjust. Dont try and hit home runs, take walks, hit the ball the opposite way. If he was hitting 265-270 I may give him the benefit of the doubt, but .238 is just not good. Cabrera was a highly touted prospect too. Look at this list

MLN FAB50 in 2004 had Milledge at no. 38 and melky at no. 48.

It's not like at one point Cabrera was not considered a very good prospect. Yankee people were always raving about how he was going to be Bernie's replacement in center one day.

Milledge #38

Melky #48

if you guys said that he would hit more home runs hitting with more protection than i would understand that. But baseball is a game of adjustments. If you arent getting fat pitches then you need to adjust. Dont try and hit home runs, take walks, hit the ball the opposite way. If he was hitting 265-270 I may give him the benefit of the doubt, but .238 is just not good. Cabrera was a highly touted prospect too. Look at this list

MLN FAB50 in 2004 had Milledge at no. 38 and melky at no. 48.

It's not like at one point Cabrera was not considered a very good prospect. Yankee people were always raving about how he was going to be Bernie's replacement in center one day.

Milledge #38

Melky #48

I hear you. I still think it's not a fair comparison, but at this point, Cabrera is the better player.

As far as the batting average point you made, Milledge is 4 hits shy of batting .270, with his 130 at bats to this point. One hot streak and he can get over .300 in a heartbeat. That's how little he's played. I'm sure if he has a week where he goes 15 for 25 and raises his average above .290 you wouldn't be saying he's better than Melky.

if milledge wasn't hitting .238, i might buy into this argument of hitting 8th...

Uhh, David Wright hit 8th when he was called up.

This holds no water.

Mets suck. Milledge will be a problem down the road (Can anyone say Terrell Owens?). I like the Yankees clubhouse right now and I would never trade for that cocky prick. It took us this long to let ARod's ego deflate, helping the morale in the clubhouse, so why would I ever want someone like Milledge?

You are a fucking retard. Could you be any stupider.

Guest StrahansGap
Uhh, David Wright hit 8th when he was called up.

This holds no water.

You are a fucking retard. Could you be any stupider.

Stupider is not a word and the Mets will not win the World Series this year. I like the chemistry in the Yankee clubhouse right now and would never give up Cabrera for Milledge this year. How the 2 will pan out in the future is anybody's guess. The guys on the team love Melky and the fact that he hustles out every play and doesn't hot dog anything like Milledge, makes Melky the better player. Melky makes the rest of the team better because of his unbounded enthusiasm. So how am I a retard? If you have ever played organized sports in your life besides golf, you would believe in the concept of team and what it takes to win as a team. You wouldn't know though would you?.............You're a Met fan!

BTW, nice 1986 aniversary celebration last week. The Yankees can't hold those kind of events unfortunately because it would be an annual celebration. What a joke!

Stupider is not a word and the Mets will not win the World Series this year. I like the chemistry in the Yankee clubhouse right now and would never give up Cabrera for Milledge this year. How the 2 will pan out in the future is anybody's guess. The guys on the team love Melky and the fact that he hustles out every play and doesn't hot dog anything like Milledge, makes Melky the better player. Melky makes the rest of the team better because of his unbounded enthusiasm. So how am I a retard? If you have ever played organized sports in your life besides golf, you would believe in the concept of team and what it takes to win as a team. You wouldn't know though would you?.............You're a Met fan!

BTW, nice 1986 aniversary celebration last week. The Yankees can't hold those kind of events unfortunately because it would be an annual celebration. What a joke!

Stupider is in fact a word Stupider

Yes, I have played organized sports, hell, I was the freaking team on most of them, but I dont want to brag.

No one is saying the Mets are going to win the world series, I would be quite content with making it

and if we lost the season would not be a failure.

Oh and BTW, you really can't argue baseball anymore after your signature on the GMB

"Jose Reyes will never steal 65 bases in 2005" HINT ASSHOLE, he stole 60.

"David Wright will never hit 35 home runs... FOR THE METS in 2005" HINT ASSHOLE, he hit 27, 8 shy of 35.

Your right, the 1986 celebration was great, I have no doubt the 1986 team would kick the shit out of the 1998 Yankees team. New York loved the Mets in the Mid/Late 1980's, I'm sure your dad doned the Orange and Blue, only to switch in 1995 to the pinstripes.

Guest StrahansGap
Stupider is in fact a word Stupider

Yes, I have played organized sports, hell, I was the freaking team on most of them, but I dont want to brag.

No one is saying the Mets are going to win the world series, I would be quite content with making it

and if we lost the season would not be a failure.

Oh and BTW, you really can't argue baseball anymore after your signature on the GMB

"Jose Reyes will never steal 65 bases in 2005" HINT ASSHOLE, he stole 60.

"David Wright will never hit 35 home runs... FOR THE METS in 2005" HINT ASSHOLE, he hit 27, 8 shy of 35.

Your right, the 1986 celebration was great, I have no doubt the 1986 team would kick the shit out of the 1998 Yankees team. New York loved the Mets in the Mid/Late 1980's, I'm sure your dad doned the Orange and Blue, only to switch in 1995 to the pinstripes.

I knew it.................you ARE Lastings Milledge!

Guest StrahansGap
No, actually I am not, I can't help it that I was pretty good at the game of baseball.

I was All-Suffolk County in 3 sports.......and my cock is bigger than yours.

You are entitled to your opinions regarding Milledge but starting out w/ "Mets suck" makes me not want to read the rest of it. Not because I'm a Mets fan but rather because if you lied in the first 2 words of your post why would I want to continue reading the rest?

Guest StrahansGap
You are entitled to your opinions regarding Milledge but starting out w/ "Mets suck" makes me not want to read the rest of it. Not because I'm a Mets fan but rather because if you lied in the first 2 words of your post why would I want to continue reading the rest?

Because I'm sick and tired of these Met fans who bash Yankee fans when they haven't won anything since 1986.

Because I'm sick and tired of these Met fans who bash Yankee fans when they haven't won anything since 1986.

Bashing Yankee "fans" has nothing to do with the Mets lack of success vs. the Yankees storied past. It's the way some Yankee "fans" feel they are superior because of it. Some, not all, Yankee "fans" are arrogant, brash, rude, and alot of times pretty ignorant about baseball. I know more about the Yankees than most Yankee "fans" I know. The ones that get bashed are the ones that say things like, "Mets suck because the Yankees have 26 WS titles". I can guarantee you everyone who posts on this message board has heard similar comments many times when talking baseball with a Yankee "fan". It usually comes out when that Yankee "fan" has nothing intelligent to say.

I am not knocking real Yankee fans out there. It's the Yankee "fans" I can't stand.

Bashing Yankee "fans" has nothing to do with the Mets lack of success vs. the Yankees storied past. It's the way some Yankee "fans" feel they are superior because of it. Some, not all, Yankee "fans" are arrogant, brash, rude, and alot of times pretty ignorant about baseball. I know more about the Yankees than most Yankee "fans" I know. The ones that get bashed are the ones that say things like, "Mets suck because the Yankees have 26 WS titles". I can guarantee you everyone who posts on this message board has heard similar comments many times when talking baseball with a Yankee "fan". It usually comes out when that Yankee "fan" has nothing intelligent to say.

I am not knocking real Yankee fans out there. It's the Yankee "fans" I can't stand.

I actually know exactly what you're talking about, and I respect the arguments that you have put up as compared to other Mets fans.

What I hate though, is when i present factual evidence as I have in this situation. Why must people shoot me down with lame ass responses? It's like most of you guys are a broken record and all you keep saying is "potential". I showed you they're both high rated prospects. This is baseball, a guy drafted in the 21st round could make it to the pros. Hell Piazza was drafted like in a round in the 40's. So, why do i keep getting these knuckleheaded, broken record responses?

I actually know exactly what you're talking about, and I respect the arguments that you have put up as compared to other Mets fans.

What I hate though, is when i present factual evidence as I have in this situation. Why must people shoot me down with lame ass responses? It's like most of you guys are a broken record and all you keep saying is "potential". I showed you they're both high rated prospects. This is baseball, a guy drafted in the 21st round could make it to the pros. Hell Piazza was drafted like in a round in the 40's. So, why do i keep getting these knuckleheaded, broken record responses?

I gave my honest opinion and included what I think will happen in the future.

Because you have the LAMEST responses.