SportsWrath

Cabrera or Milledge

Ditto

Sorry to piss you off, young fella. Don’t take these threads too seriously. There just designed to for some discussion and a little trash talk. No need to act like an asshole about it.

PS I assume you heard about the catch. Do you think Milledge can cover that much ground? Do you think he'll even try?

PS2 I also assume you heard about the run he stole the night before from an experience D.

Okay, I am trying to piss you off. But you've been asking for it.

after 19 at bats last year Melky looked like he could not catch a cold, let alone a fly ball(in fact that 3 weeks ago as well) Milledge has flashed great leather all along. Pay attention will ya, geesh, act a little like you have a clue and are not some insecure Yankee fan so afraid of a Met player being better(which BTW there old man is is something that can not be determined yet in regards to these 2).

after 19 at bats last year Melky looked like he could not catch a cold, let alone a fly ball(in fact that 3 weeks ago as well) Milledge has flashed great leather all along. Pay attention will ya, geesh, act a little like you have a clue and are not some insecure Yankee fan so afraid of a Met player being better(which BTW there old man is is something that can not be determined yet in regards to these 2).

Yea, last year Melky got his chance to play when the Yanks were didn't think Bernie could play center field any more. Melky came up for astonishing 3 games before the Yankees sent him back down. They werr fed up with his inability to catch fly balls.

God, just realize the Mets have something better than we do. I would gladly have Milledge over Melky any day.

Yea, last year Melky got his chance to play when the Yanks were didn't think Bernie could play center field any more. Melky came up for astonishing 3 games before the Yankees sent him back down. They werr fed up with his inability to catch fly balls.

God, just realize the Mets have something better than we do. I would gladly have Milledge over Melky any day.

I have to admit, Milledge looked impressive last night. Good range, good, accurate arm, and already has the ability to hit off speed stuff. I didn’t see the triple, but the homer off the hanging slider went out like a shot. I’d say he should be up to stay, but I’m still not ready to trade Melky for him until I can see what he can do with a good mix of pitches.

Can’t say I wouldn’t trade A-Rod for Wright at this point, though. :(

Remember when they used to compare Jeter with Rey Ordonez. Everyone used to say that the Mets had the better prospect at shortstop than the Yankees. Look how that one turned out. The point I'm trying to make is that Lastings is a better prospect than Melky as of right now, and he is a better player. But, with that said both are very young and are still developing. Melky's stock and confidence are rising, so don't be so sure that Milly will be the better player, only time will tell. Who knows he may end up to be another Rey and Melky with some Yankee pride driving him to play the best he can will become great, just like Jeter did.

and yet, the man speaks the truth:

USA TODAY;

.....Jeter is well aware he's only one of two rookie phenoms playing shortstop in New York, the other being the Mets' Rey Ordonez. Jeter and Ordonez played against each other in the minors the past two seasons and are on friendly terms.

Ordonez is often likened to Cardinals great Ozzie Smith. Says Jeter about Ordonez: ''I don't think you can say he's as good as Ozzie Smith, or he's better, or not as good. They're two different players. I don't try to compare.''

While his hype didn't approach the Second Coming-nature of Ordonez's, Jeter heard his share of plaudits coming into the season. His quick start accelerated the praise, but he says he pays it no mind. He won't even consider what he's proudest of thus far.

#########################################

Newsday:

The Mets had this kid Rey Ordonez make his grand opening in New York on Monday. The Yankees had this kid Jeter make his grand opening on the road here yesterday. They are shortstops, and from there come some of the sweetest of dreams.

For two decades we had the argument over egg creams: Who's better, Reese or Rizzuto? Everyone had his own answer. Now, if everything develops and free agency doesn't pull the thought apart, we ought to have Jeter and Ordonez at the center of the debate for a long time. Ordonez is 20; Jeter is 21.

all milledge does is impress me. every single day. both his homeruns were huge, he has two amazing outfield assists, and he seems to genuinly enjoy playing the game.

don't get me wrong, melky's been better than expected, but he's just another overrated young player in new york. new yorkers tend to overrate all the young players since we're all used to trades and free agent signings. shane spencer, kevin maas(good one, whoever mentioned that), chen ming wang (will never be more than a #2), channing frye, nate robinson, john wallace, trevor ariza, michael sweetney, frank williams (say what you want now, but all these knick players were overhyped whenever they had a good week), alex escobar, dioner navarro, the list goes on and on and on. even robinson cano, while i'll conceed will be a good player, is treated like the 2nd coming of roberto alomar--dream on yankee fans. even today im listening to mike and the maddog and they're talking about how no one mentions the yankees in the willis rumors and mike goes "well they won't trade him to the yanks unless cano or wang are in the deal, and obviously the yanks wont do that" WHY? why the hell wouldn't you trade chin ming wang for dontrelle willis? this isn't a 35 year old overpaid has been, this is a young pitcher who's still like 2 years away from free agency. he's two years younger than wang!!! i've never ever seen so many people excited about a guy who's working on his 2nd straight season with an era over 4.00--there's no reason why wang should be untouchable unless the player is very old

all milledge does is impress me. every single day. both his homeruns were huge, he has two amazing outfield assists, and he seems to genuinly enjoy playing the game.

don't get me wrong, melky's been better than expected, but he's just another overrated young player in new york. new yorkers tend to overrate all the young players since we're all used to trades and free agent signings. shane spencer, kevin maas(good one, whoever mentioned that), chen ming wang (will never be more than a #2), channing frye, nate robinson, john wallace, trevor ariza, michael sweetney, frank williams (say what you want now, but all these knick players were overhyped whenever they had a good week), alex escobar, dioner navarro, the list goes on and on and on. even robinson cano, while i'll conceed will be a good player, is treated like the 2nd coming of roberto alomar--dream on yankee fans. even today im listening to mike and the maddog and they're talking about how no one mentions the yankees in the willis rumors and mike goes "well they won't trade him to the yanks unless cano or wang are in the deal, and obviously the yanks wont do that" WHY? why the hell wouldn't you trade chin ming wang for dontrelle willis? this isn't a 35 year old overpaid has been, this is a young pitcher who's still like 2 years away from free agency. he's two years younger than wang!!! i've never ever seen so many people excited about a guy who's working on his 2nd straight season with an era over 4.00--there's no reason why wang should be untouchable unless the player is very old

andy phillips is the shane spencer.

What about our posada's, jeter's and rivera's?

channing frye was well worth the pick, some argue he is better than bogut. I remember reading somewhere that some scouts thought if the draft was oever again, he woulda been picked over bogut, and woulda gone more like top 3.

idk what the big deal is about wang, however i know this, he can handle new york, and instead of paying a guy big bucks to be here and get pressure on him, i'd rather have the kid who has no pressure and does a decent job. Dont get me wrong, willis for wang is better in talent, but we know what we're gunna get from wang. As opposed to some NL pitchers who come over and cant handle it... beckett, pavano, wright, clement....

andy phillips is the shane spencer.

What about our posada's, jeter's and rivera's?

channing frye was well worth the pick, some argue he is better than bogut. I remember reading somewhere that some scouts thought if the draft was oever again, he woulda been picked over bogut, and woulda gone more like top 3.

idk what the big deal is about wang, however i know this, he can handle new york, and instead of paying a guy big bucks to be here and get pressure on him, i'd rather have the kid who has no pressure and does a decent job. Dont get me wrong, willis for wang is better in talent, but we know what we're gunna get from wang. As opposed to some NL pitchers who come over and cant handle it... beckett, pavano, wright, clement....

posada, jeter, williams and rivera are 4 players in the last ten years. i heard some crazy stat today that the other night the yanks started 7 home grown players for the first time in over 20 years. and i dont think it's because the yanks traded away all their good talent--most of those guys ended up being busts anyway. guzman, armas, parker, claussen, navarro, halsey, yarnell, juan rivera, ricky ledee--all these guys are highly touted yankee prospects and the yanks miss none of them. one guy i hear a lot that the yanks let 'get away' was jay buhner--big freaking deal, if i'm a yankee fan and that's the best player the team let get away then I'll sleep soundly tonight. i definitely do think cabrera's a nice player--certainly better than I thought when i saw him play last season--and I definitely think he's a future everyday starter for a decade type player. i can't say he's an all-star though, and that's what I see when i watch milledge--all star.

as for frye, i'm still not impressed. i know what article you are talking about with one gm saying he'd take frye first overall, but that article was in december when frye was surprising everyone and had a solid two months of ball. but he cooled off and eventually got hurt. i don't think the guy's durable and I dont think he's a future star. bogut had a solid rookie season, he played every game and averaged 9 pts 7 boards 3 assists and 1 block in about 24 mpg. those are solid numbers, especially considering he rarely had plays run for him. if he plays 35 mpg next season he'll probably average 15 and 12. you can expect those point totals from frye next season(if he doesn't get hurt again) but i wouldn't chalk him up for 10 boards a game. i think he's soft. plus he doens't pass the ball while bogut has excellent court vision for a big man. the truth is, that draft sucked, and being one of the better players from it isn't that big a deal IMO.

posada, jeter, williams and rivera are 4 players in the last ten years. i heard some crazy stat today that the other night the yanks started 7 home grown players for the first time in over 20 years. and i dont think it's because the yanks traded away all their good talent--most of those guys ended up being busts anyway. guzman, armas, parker, claussen, navarro, halsey, yarnell, juan rivera, ricky ledee--all these guys are highly touted yankee prospects and the yanks miss none of them. one guy i hear a lot that the yanks let 'get away' was jay buhner--big freaking deal, if i'm a yankee fan and that's the best player the team let get away then I'll sleep soundly tonight. i definitely do think cabrera's a nice player--certainly better than I thought when i saw him play last season--and I definitely think he's a future everyday starter for a decade type player. i can't say he's an all-star though, and that's what I see when i watch milledge--all star.

as for frye, i'm still not impressed. i know what article you are talking about with one gm saying he'd take frye first overall, but that article was in december when frye was surprising everyone and had a solid two months of ball. but he cooled off and eventually got hurt. i don't think the guy's durable and I dont think he's a future star. bogut had a solid rookie season, he played every game and averaged 9 pts 7 boards 3 assists and 1 block in about 24 mpg. those are solid numbers, especially considering he rarely had plays run for him. if he plays 35 mpg next season he'll probably average 15 and 12. you can expect those point totals from frye next season(if he doesn't get hurt again) but i wouldn't chalk him up for 10 boards a game. i think he's soft. plus he doens't pass the ball while bogut has excellent court vision for a big man. the truth is, that draft sucked, and being one of the better players from it isn't that big a deal IMO.

fair enough, but dont forget soriano and nick johnson. Juan Rivera aint so bad too. Dont write off clausen and navarro yet. But yes you do have a point.

As for Frye, we'll see. Your right, he is not surable and very skinny. However, the guy can shoot. Thats something most 6-11 guys are not very good at. Only time will tell.

fair enough, but dont forget soriano and nick johnson. Juan Rivera aint so bad too. Dont write off clausen and navarro yet. But yes you do have a point.

As for Frye, we'll see. Your right, he is not surable and very skinny. However, the guy can shoot. Thats something most 6-11 guys are not very good at. Only time will tell.

Soriano was an international player who went to the highest bidder, in the same mold as Ichiro, Matsui, the crappy Matsui, El Duque etc. He is hardly a prospect that was developed. Nick Johnson is a good one though and probably will be a trade the Yanks regret.

Soriano was an international player who went to the highest bidder, in the same mold as Ichiro, Matsui, the crappy Matsui, El Duque etc. He is hardly a prospect that was developed. Nick Johnson is a good one though and probably will be a trade the Yanks regret.

Nick Johnson, El Duque, Juan Rivera to Montreal for the ace of the Expos staff Javier Vasquez. Great trade for us. :TD:

The Yanks were trying to hold onto Johnson because they thought he would develop in to a Soriano like player, but that never happened so we got Javy

:LMAO::LMAO: owned, I can't remember those two being compared either.

Don't question me Torn. Baseball is my sport and I wouldn't post bullshit about baseball, football now that is a different story.

My dad is a scout with the Reds and I remember when he used to talk with other scouts about Jeter and Ordonez back in the early 90s. They thought Rey was going to be great, and he was a very great fielder, but the guy just couldn't figure out how to hit in the BIGS.

Don't question me Torn. Baseball is my sport and I wouldn't post bullshit about baseball, football now that is a different story.

My dad is a scout with the Reds and I remember when he used to talk with other scouts about Jeter and Ordonez back in the early 90s. They thought Rey was going to be great, and he was a very great fielder, but the guy just couldn't figure out how to hit in the BIGS.

let me lay down something. I know every thing about the Yankees from about 95 on. Don't question my knowledge. And why attack me? Blue Jeans and xxi-xxv were saying the same stuff. Is it because I have the least posts out of the three of us?? Thats real cool. Don't pick a fight with me.

let me lay down something. I know every thing about the Yankees from about 95 on. Don't question my knowledge. And why attack me? Blue Jeans and xxi-xxv were saying the same stuff. Is it because I have the least posts out of the three of us?? Thats real cool. Don't pick a fight with me.

wow! Since 95', what does that make you about 13?

wow! Since 95', what does that make you about 13?

actually 17, which means nothing. I know what i am talking about. I'm not single minded on the fact cabrera is better than milledge, the idea is absurd.

Milledge > Cabrera

For all you Mets' fans and funny thinking Yankee fans who insist Milledge is better, go to the Mets sector and read 420's thread. Torre will never have to reprimand Melky for lack of hustle.

You can't say that yet. No way can you come into conclusions about these two.