SportsWrath

Kevin Garnett heading to New York

osi724dasack

KG possibly coming to NY

You know what? Isiah Thomas should kill himself...

If he trades Penny, whatever, we already have cap trouble why not make it worse....

But if he sends Penny and FRYE to Minny for KG, I will blow a gasket, I mean FRYE is 22 years old, and KG will turn 30 soon...nice job Isiah :clap: ... <_<

KG possibly coming to NY

If he trades Penny, whatever, we already have cap trouble why not make it worse....

But if he sends Penny and FRYE to Minny for KG, I will blow a gasket, I mean FRYE is 22 years old, and KG will turn 30 soon...nice job Isiah :clap: ... <_>

I like this move...KG is the man. We could make a playoff run with him.

KG possibly coming to NY

But if he sends Penny and FRYE to Minny for KG, I will blow a gasket, I mean FRYE is 22 years old, and KG will turn 30 soon...nice job Isiah :clap: ... <_<

frye will never be garnett. he's a nice player and will get better but his stock is WAY overvalued right now, i mean he hit the rookie wall in early december, garnett immediately makes this team better and you only have to give up one player who even plays for the team. this is a no-brainer

i can't believe people would be opposed to getting francis and garnett for mo taylor, jamal crawford, frye and hardaway. it boggles my mind. garnett hates to shoot, he loves deferring to other players, he's one of the best possible elite players that you could put on a team with two gunners like francis and marbury and still have a chance at having chemistry.

i can't believe people would be opposed to getting francis and garnett for mo taylor, jamal crawford, frye and hardaway. it boggles my mind. garnett hates to shoot, he loves deferring to other players, he's one of the best possible elite players that you could put on a team with two gunners like francis and marbury and still have a chance at having chemistry.

I would rather have Crawford than Francis...why?

well here is why...

He is a better shooter

He is a better teamate

He has a smaller contract

He is younger

He is more athletic

Francis will basically get more points and rebounds

well here is why...

He is a better shooter

He is a better teamate

He is younger

He is more athletic

Yea, who needs point and rebounds... :TU:

BTW, Crawford is NOT more athletic than Francis and he is not a better shooter (43% vs. 40%). Plus Francis is 29 and Crawford is 25, who cares how old they will be 3 or 4 years from now, they'll both be on different teams. Other than those few points, this is a great post.

Edited by Lilceas

well here is why...

He is a better shooter

He is a better teamate

He is younger

He is more athletic

isn't that what you're supposed to do in basketball???? :confused:

Yea, who needs point and rebounds... :TU:

BTW, Crawford is NOT more athletic than Francis and he is not a better shooter (43% vs. 40%). Plus Francis is 29 and Crawford is 25, who cares how old they will be 3 or 4 years from now, they'll both be on different teams. Other than those few points, this is a great post.

So then you think that this trade would be good for the Knicks?

So then you think that this trade would be good for the Knicks?

Honestly, I don't know how to fix the Knicks right now. I hate Crawford, I hate Francis and I hate Thomas. While I understand your point about youth and $$$, the Knicks are so far over the cap a few extra bucks don't mean shit. If Curry doesn;t pan out, we're fucked for the next 5 seasons regardless.

Honestly, I don't know how to fix the Knicks right now. I hate Crawford, I hate Francis and I hate Thomas. While I understand your point about youth and $$$, the Knicks are so far over the cap a few extra bucks don't mean shit. If Curry doesn;t pan out, we're fucked for the next 5 seasons regardless.

Ya I think that they are 60 million over the cap...

and Curry pisses me off because it seems like he isnt even giving a full effort half the time

well here is why...

He is a better shooter

He is a better teamate

He is younger

He is more athletic

career numbers:

francis-- 20 ppg, 6 boards, 6.4 assists, 43% FG shooter, 1.5 steals

crawford-- 13 ppg, 2.6 boards, 4 assists, 40% FG shooter, 1 steal a game

while crawford has more range, francis is the better shooter. crawford is not more athletic, and crawford cannot create his own shot like francis can. they're both under 30 and francis was WAY more accomplished by the time he was crawford's current age than crawford is right now. how many all-star games has crawford been to? what's crawford ever done to deserve 50 mil? at least francis has put up numbers in the past to justify a max contract. and crawford doens't have a shorter contract, he is signed through 2012 while franchise is signed through '09.

career numbers:

francis-- 20 ppg, 6 boards, 6.4 assists, 43% FG shooter, 1.5 steals

crawford-- 13 ppg, 2.6 boards, 4 assists, 40% FG shooter, 1 steal a game

while crawford has more range, francis is the better shooter. crawford is not more athletic, and crawford cannot create his own shot like francis can. they're both under 30 and francis was WAY more accomplished by the time he was crawford's current age than crawford is right now. how many all-star games has crawford been to? what's crawford ever done to deserve 50 mil? at least francis has put up numbers in the past to justify a max contract. and crawford doens't have a shorter contract, he is signed through 2012 while franchise is signed through '09.

I am just saying that I dont want Francis, why would you want 2 headcases here?

I am just saying that I dont want Francis, why would you want 2 headcases here?

anthony mason was a headcase here too, so was sprewell. both were on nba finals squads.

the team absolutely blows, you can't get under the cap for years, you have no chance at aquiring top first round picks the next two seasons, all you can do is sign players or trade for them in hopes of getting better, and your options are limited AND you have a chance at a top 5 player. what's your alternative? how else are the knicks supposed to get better?

The Francis trade isn't so bad but if they didn't screw their seasons up earlier it wouldn't be so bad. What would you guys giving up for KG?

the Knicks highest trade value on the team was Penny Hardaway since he has a 16 million dollar expiring contract...

he is gone, NO KG