SportsWrath

Joe Philbin

Lughead

Is on tap to be hired as the Giants next OC. How can he improve on the ground work that Mcadoo started with the offense or will he instil his own? Although they must be similar trains of thought right?

Is on tap to be hired as the Giants next OC. How can he improve on the ground work that Mcadoo started with the offense or will he instil his own? Although they must be similar trains of thought right?

I just posted this in the McAdoo thread too, but Sullivan is gonna be OC.

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 5m5 minutes ago

No official announcement on staff, but sources expect Mike Sullivan as OC, Steve Spagnuolo as DC, Joe Philbin as Asst.HC/QBs, as reported.

and it's being reported that Mack Attack will still call plays,

Actually from what I'm hearing McAttack is still gonna be calling plays, so he's essentially the HC/OC.

Sullivan is just there to take the spot, kinda like McAttack was in Green Bay when McCarthy was calling the plays.

So is Philbin there as a backup plan to Sullivan in case Sullivan falters?

Mcadoo was only the TE coach then QB coach in GB he was never the OC in GB.

So is Philbin there as a backup plan to Sullivan in case Sullivan falters?

Mcadoo was only the TE coach then QB coach in GB he was never the OC in GB.

Actually I think Philbin is here in case McAdoo falters, he's got HC experiance.

I mean Sullivan really isnt going to have much impact on the offence since McAttack is still going to be the one calling the plays/scheming each week.

It's pretty much all on Mac.

I'm still not happy with the move, but HackAdoo backed up by three experienced guys, two of whom have previous HC experience is actually a pretty smart plan.

If I was them though, I'd fire Philbin after week 5 or so and hire Dan Campbell.

I'm still not happy with the move, but HackAdoo backed up by three experienced guys, two of whom have previous HC experience is actually a pretty smart plan.

If I was them though, I'd fire Philbin after week 5 or so and hire Dan Campbell.

Campbell took the assistant HC job with the Saints.

Actually I think Philbin is here in case McAdoo falters, he's got HC experiance.

I mean Sullivan really isnt going to have much impact on the offence since McAttack is still going to be the one calling the plays/scheming each week.

It's pretty much all on Mac.

If McAdoo falters, we're fucked. Philbin got canned a month into the season and plenty of reports out there wondering why he was the head coach going into the season. Only thing in his favor is he won more games than Spagnuolo.