SportsWrath

Reese and Coughlin speak out about the TE situation

BleedinBlue

I suspect there will be a variety of TE's and decent players available after the cuts. Personally, I'm not worried about the TE position. The team will come up with something....most likely using Davis to block and giving Robinson every opportunity to prove he was worth the 4th round pick we used on him as a receiving TE. Grimble might prove to be the better of the two, and even Donnell or Fells might surprise. We'll see what McAdoo can do with this group.

I suspect there will be a variety of TE's and decent players available after the cuts. Personally, I'm not worried about the TE position. The team will come up with something....most likely using Davis to block and giving Robinson every opportunity to prove he was worth the 4th round pick we used on him as a receiving TE. Grimble might prove to be the better of the two, and even Donnell or Fells might surprise. We'll see what McAdoo can do with this group.

I would agree. I would have been fine taking a TE later in the draft, but they needed to replace Nicks and bolster the offensive line. I would have preferred if they had gone OL 1st, WR 2nd, but really that's the limit to my criticism of how the draft unfolded this year.

It's pretty clear to me that the Giants knew Bear Pascoe's ceiling......and not to bash the guy, but it's simply not that high. Robinson and Donnell are unknowns, and the Giants need to find out this season if these guys are worth anything. Kellen Davis is a blocker.

I would agree. I would have been fine taking a TE later in the draft, but they needed to replace Nicks and bolster the offensive line. I would have preferred if they had gone OL 1st, WR 2nd, but really that's the limit to my criticism of how the draft unfolded this year.

It's pretty clear to me that the Giants knew Bear Pascoe's ceiling......and not to bash the guy, but it's simply not that high. Robinson and Donnell are unknowns, and the Giants need to find out this season if these guys are worth anything. Kellen Davis is a blocker.

According to all I've read on Grimble, is that he too is a blocker - a fantastic blocker. And he has big soft hands. The problem with the shuffle of coaches at USC, was that it threw everything off kilter so that Grimble didn't get to be used as a pass catching TE and his talent was wasted. I've got a strong hunch that Grimble makes the team. We discover we have a good player that can block and catch passes...and that we'll see Robinson in the hot seat in a season that tells him to shit or get off the pot.

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 44s

Grimble already at Ojomo and Bradford levels for some #NYG fans desperate to get someone - anyone - new at TE. And he hasn't even signed yet

Giants fill out 90-man roster by claiming lineman off waivers from Buffalo Bills

The Giants search for offensive line help continued on Wednesday when they claimed offensive lineman Jamaal Johnson-Webb off waivers from the Buffalo Bills.

The 6-6, 306-pounder went undrafted last year before he was signed by the Arizona Cardinals and he spent the year bouncing around several practice squads. In his one year in the NFL he spent time with the Cardinals, Vikings, Bears and Bills.

The addition of Johnson-Webb and the expected signing of undrafted rookie free agent tight end Xavier Grimble (USC) -- who was due to arrive in New Jersey late Wednesday night -- filled out the Giants' 90-man roster. They are of course allowed to continue to make changes as they see fit.

Since Monday, the Giants have cut five players -- QB Rusty Smith, LB Allen Bradford, CB Junior Mertile, CB Chaz Powell and P Jordan Gay – and announced the signings of nine undrafted free agents. The UDFAs are LB Dan Fox (Notre Dame), S Charles Bennett (Ohio State), DE Emmanuel Dieke (Georgia Tech), DE Jordan Stanton (James Madison), DT Kelcy Quarles (South Carolina), DE Kerry Wynn (Richmond), DT Eathyn Manumaleuna (BYU), S Thomas Gordon (Michigan), and LB Justin Anderson (Louisiana-LaFayette).