SportsWrath

JPP Having Back Surgery, Should Be Ready For September

Mr. P

Sounds like an excuse for a fuck-up. If his back hurt last year, as soon as the season is over those doctors should be all over him. There's no excuse or reasoning behind waiting until June to figure out what's wrong with him needs surgery.

I agree.....seems like bad medical advice.....then again, I've never been really high on the training/conditioning staff for the Giants.

If the dude had a bum back last year, he should have hopped on this shit after the season ended.

Instead, we wait until after the draft and free agency for surgery on arguably the most important defender on the field.

They can't put a gun to his head and make him get surgery. How do we know the giants staff didn't suggest surgery earlier and that JPP tried to make it without it and finally now decided it was needed.

They can't put a gun to his head and make him get surgery. How do we know the giants staff didn't suggest surgery earlier and that JPP tried to make it without it and finally now decided it was needed.

Fair point.

After my back surgery - pretty much identical to JPP's, my doctor told me I'd be as good as new in a couple of months. Took me over a year of hard therapy to get back to close to normal, and I still experience back pain when I overdo it.

All doctors tell their patients they'll be "good as new". The have to. They don't want a multi-million dollar malpractice suit on their hands.

I suspect that JPP had the very finest surgeon, but everyone's recovery is unique to them and there is no automatic timetable.

After my back surgery - pretty much identical to JPP's, my doctor told me I'd be as good as new in a couple of months. Took me over a year of hard therapy to get back to close to normal, and I still experience back pain when I overdo it.

All doctors tell their patients they'll be "good as new". The have to. They don't want a multi-million dollar malpractice suit on their hands.

I suspect that JPP had the very finest surgeon, but everyone's recovery is unique to them and there is no automatic timetable.

How old were you when you did it? Age plays a huge factor.

When I tore my Achellis 3 years ago I was told it would take a year to recover... in 3 months I was running (Although not smoothly) and in 5 months I was back to normal (just a bit out shape since I had to sit on the couch quite a bit... my doctor was in shock saying most people don't reach my level in less than a year... but again I am was young and still handsome :D

How old were you when you did it? Age plays a huge factor.

When I tore my Achellis 3 years ago I was told it would take a year to recover... in 3 months I was running (Although not smoothly) and in 5 months I was back to normal (just a bit out shape since I had to sit on the couch quite a bit... my doctor was in shock saying most people don't reach my level in less than a year... but again I am was young and still handsome :D

I was about 40 when I had my surgery. My biggest problem was pressure on my sciatica that came and went without warning. I still have no feeling in two of my middle toes in my right foot for some reason. It always feels as if my sock has become loose and part of it is rolled up under my two toes. Irritating, but doesn't really effect anything about my doing normal things.

There's a good article on JPP's surgery from a technical point of view (sounds promising) at: http://www.watkinsspine.com/pubs/7.AthletesDiscectomy.pdf

I was about 40 when I had my surgery. My biggest problem was pressure on my sciatica that came and went without warning. I still have no feeling in two of my middle toes in my right foot for some reason. It always feels as if my sock has become loose and part of it is rolled up under my two toes. Irritating, but doesn't really effect anything about my doing normal things.

There's a good article on JPP's surgery from a technical point of view (sounds promising) at: http://www.watkinssp...sDiscectomy.pdf

That's what I'm getting at... at 24 his recovery would be a whole lot better than mine let alone yours at 40 and not to mention the technology advances of today compared to 30 years ago when you were 40 :rimshot: I kid I kid :D

That's what I'm getting at... at 24 his recovery would be a whole lot better than mine let alone yours at 40 and not to mention the technology advances of today compared to 30 years ago when you were 40 :rimshot: I kid I kid :D

Recovering from back surgery......yeah, you'll be fine if you are a CPA.....if you are a stone mason, you've got some problems.

JPP's job is to engage in a "my back is stronger than your back" contest 60 times a game with some dude who weighs 300 pounds.

In my opinion, there's no fucking way he'll be a pro-bowl caliber player this season.

Spare us the comparison between you healing and JPP Bleedin. Its not close to being the same. Better surgeon, younger person and I'm pretty sure in better shape as well. Hope the back isn't going to turn into a lingering problem.

Not sure why he waited this long before he got this surgical procedure done but I do understand that he was probably really hoping for this to heal on its own with time. Now we just have to rely on players stepping up.

Recovering from back surgery......yeah, you'll be fine if you are a CPA.....if you are a stone mason, you've got some problems.

JPP's job is to engage in a "my back is stronger than your back" contest 60 times a game with some dude who weighs 300 pounds.

In my opinion, there's no fucking way he'll be a pro-bowl caliber player this season.

Joe, when I was recovering I was still as active as a typical pro-athlete (not the same skill set of course)... I think JPP will be back in week 3 ( I think the Giants rest him 2 more weeks out of precaution... learning from Nicks last year)