SportsWrath

2006-2007 season

parlintm

Since our team is pretty much set for the season, I thought now would be a good time to hear some predictions. Here are the following categories:

1. Regular season record

2. How far do we go this season? Miss playoffs, same as last year, nfc championship etc..??

3. Who will lead the team in TD's?

4. Who will lead the team in tackles?

5. Who will lead the team in interceptions?

6. Who will lead the team in sacks?

Im curious to see the fab 4's season prediction given their extensive football knowledge. Although they might not be willing to put their money where their mouth is only to be proven wrong, yet again.

Here are mine.

1. 11-5. I think the NFC east will be very competitive this year but I think we are the favorites to emerge as champs again. I think it goes: Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles.

2. I think we win the NFC this year. I think the the following are the only legitimate contenders for the NFC: Seattle, Carolina, Arizona (yes, the Cards) and Chicago.

3. Tiki Barber will lead the team in TD's and total yards again. I expect a huge year from Plax, though.

4. AP will lead us in tackles. Lavar will be close behind.

5. Im gonna go with Webster as leader in picks. I think teams will go at him instead of Madison and hopefully he will make them pay.

6. I hope Osi only keeps getting better. Sky is the limit. He's my man to lead us in sacks.

I have VERY high expectations for this season and can't wait for it to start. GO GIANTS!

1. Regular season record...10 - 6

2. How far do we go this season? Miss playoffs, same as last year, nfc championship etc..?? Miss the play offs

3. Who will lead the team in TD's? Shockey

4. Who will lead the team in tackles? Arrington

5. Who will lead the team in interceptions? Wilson

6. Who will lead the team in sacks? Osi

Well who do you see going 11-5 in the east?

Philly or even the Skins.

My 10 -6 prediction is high hopes too. I'm thinking maybe 9-7.

I am a pessimist for no other reason than I have no where to go but up. Think the worst and if the best happens it's all good. Think the best and if the worse happens it sucks times 10.

Since our team is pretty much set for the season, I thought now would be a good time to hear some predictions. Here are the following categories:

1. Regular season record

2. How far do we go this season? Miss playoffs, same as last year, nfc championship etc..??

Im curious to see the fab 4's season prediction given their extensive football knowledge. Although they might not be willing to put their money where their mouth is only to be proven wrong, yet again.

Here are mine.

1. 11-5. I think the NFC east will be very competitive this year but I think we are the favorites to emerge as champs again. I think it goes: Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles.

2. I think we win the NFC this year. I think the the following are the only legitimate contenders for the NFC: Seattle, Carolina, Arizona (yes, the Cards) and Chicago.

3. Tiki Barber will lead the team in TD's and total yards again. I expect a huge year from Plax, though.

5. Im gonna go with Webster as leader in picks. I think teams will go at him instead of Madison and hopefully he will make them pay.

6. I hope Osi only keeps getting better. Sky is the limit. He's my man to lead us in sacks.

I have VERY high expectations for this season and can't wait for it to start. GO GIANTS!

People I talk to on a regular basis don't seem to believe me when I say that the Giants had one of the most complete teams before the injury bug hit us. We really didn't need much to become a threat to EVERYONE. You're assessment is about as close to what I came up with as it gets.

1. I think we go 11-5 or 12-4 and break that bullshit streak of losing after the bye week every year.

2. If we don't win the NFC this year we will be in the Championship game as NFC East Champs. As far as the rest of the division... it's a toss up. The NFC East is a monster division, but we are the returning champs and I believe that we will play like them and repeat as champions.

3. Tiki will lead the team in TDs again with Jacobs, Burress and Shockey not far behind. I say that Tiki has about 16-17 total and the others hover around 7-10.

4. Pierce will lead us in tackles this year. There's no question about that, but I think that his performance will drive Arrington to have a great season.

5. I don't know about the ints. I haven't really followed Madison's career and I only have Madden knowledge about him. Webster made some great plays last year, but towards the end of the year he was beaten a lot. I think a safety will lead us here but I don't know who.

6. There will be a tie between Osi and Strahan here. Each will have 14-16.5 and will once again lead the league as a tandem. I can see Tuck having a decent sack total this year as well, and I know nothing about Kiwi so I can't comment on his performance until I see him in action.

Philly or even the Skins.

My 10 -6 prediction is high hopes too. I'm thinking maybe 9-7.

I am a pessimist for no other reason than I have no where to go but up. Think the worst and if the best happens it's all good. Think the best and if the worse happens it sucks times 10.

Philly!!! I think they're going to be the worst team in the division. Their offense leaves much to be desired. Our defense should match up really well against them. They have a very poor passing game which our secondary should be able to handle easily especially if we're getting pressure on Mcnabb which shouldnt be difficult give our rushing talent. Our backers sure have the speed to handle Westbrook so I think their offense will really struggle this year.

Their defense is pretty scary but I don't think that their is a defense in the NFL that will be able to shut our offense down. We simply have too many weapons and the greatest running back in the game.

I think Phily is still a year away from recovering from the TO fiascoe and is not a serious contender. The Skins could be very good this year since they've added Randle El, a much needed threat to their offense. But I think that Lavar will be out to kill and I don't see us getting swept by them.

As I said before, I think this is the most competitive NFC east that I can remember. I would not be suprised if 10-6 was good enough for division champs. Can't wait to get it started.

1. Regular season record

1: 10-6, would go better, but our schedule sucks.

2: Second round loss.

3: TD leader will be Shockey.

4: Pierce leads in tackles.

5: Madison for interceptions.

6: Umenyiora for sacks.

Philly!!! I think they're going to be the worst team in the division. Their offense leaves much to be desired. Our defense should match up really well against them. They have a very poor passing game which our secondary should be able to handle easily especially if we're getting pressure on Mcnabb which shouldnt be difficult give our rushing talent. Our backers sure have the speed to handle Westbrook so I think their offense will really struggle this year.

Their defense is pretty scary but I don't think that their is a defense in the NFL that will be able to shut our offense down. We simply have too many weapons and the greatest running back in the game.

I think Phily is still a year away from recovering from the TO fiascoe and is not a serious contender. The Skins could be very good this year since they've added Randle El, a much needed threat to their offense. But I think that Lavar will be out to kill and I don't see us getting swept by them.

As I said before, I think this is the most competitive NFC east that I can remember. I would not be suprised if 10-6 was good enough for division champs. Can't wait to get it started.

Honestly, as far as the Skins go, I can see them having down year. Every year they go out and spend money like Snyder is growing it in his basement and every year, with the exception of last year, they perform below their expectations.

Guest Carbo

Asking 420 to rationalize his irrational thoughts is an exercise in futility. Besides, who cares what the dolt thinks?

I would have preferred to wait until later on in the summer, but since the fan base is so desperate to hear what I have to say. . .

1) Last season's lollypop schedule will haunt the Giants this season. Their inflated record of last year gives many a false sense of achievement this year. Combine this with a brutal schedule and this season will pan out at 5-11. It's going to be ugly, folks. Coughlin goes. Don't kill the messenger. . .

2) Playoffs? Surely, you jest.

3 - 6) Irrelevant. I'll leave that to all the amateur prognosticators and gurus.

Asking 420 to rationalize his irrational thoughts is an exercise in futility. Besides, who cares what the dolt thinks?

You are the best thing that's ever happened.

1. Regular season record

1. 11-5

2. lose in NFC championship

3. Tiki

4. Gibril Wilson

5. R.W. McQuaters

6. Osi

If we win a game after a BYE week...we're winning the Superbowl.

Yeah, this no win after bye thing is really starting to piss me off. Breaking this streak would come at no better time this year against the Skins.

We did have a win after a bye in the playoffs in 2000-2001 though. :o

I would have preferred to wait until later on in the summer, but since the fan base is so desperate to hear what I have to say. . .

1) Last season's lollypop schedule will haunt the Giants this season. Their inflated record of last year gives many a false sense of achievement this year. Combine this with a brutal schedule and this season will pan out at 5-11. It's going to be ugly, folks. Coughlin goes. Don't kill the messenger. . .

2) Playoffs? Surely, you jest.

3 - 6) Irrelevant. I'll leave that to all the amateur prognosticators and gurus.

although I agree on the schedule aspect(although looking at scheds in May seems silly in todays NFL)do we not have to account for the fact that outside 2 games(where we had the Vikes and Saints)the division played the same teams? As our sched gets tougher so does the entire div(outside those 2 games).

The entire NFC east has a tough schedule, and it will be a battle and most likely the team that gets the most breaks(i.e. gets certain teams at certain times of the year) and stays the healthiest will win out.

Yeah, this no win after bye thing is really starting to piss me off. Breaking this streak would come at no better time this year against the Skins.

We did have a win after a bye in the playoffs in 2000-2001 though. :o

The NFL just had to put a divisional game right after our bye again! :doh:

1. Regular season record

Here are mine.

1. 13-3 at least (I feel more towards 14-2).

2. Giants will win the Superbowl with Eli as the MVP.

3. Eli Manning will have the most passing tds, Tiki will have the most rushing tds, and Burress will have the most receiving tds.

4. Pierce will lead the team in tackles.

5. Tough, Webster sounds like a good choice with Madison second but with a good number of ints.

6. Osi again

Guest Carbo
1. 13-3 at least (I feel more towards 14-2).

2. Giants will win the Superbowl with Eli as the MVP.

3. Eli Manning will have the most passing tds, Tiki will have the most rushing tds, and Burress will have the most receiving tds.

4. Pierce will lead the team in tackles.

5. Tough, Webster sounds like a good choice with Madison second but with a good number of ints.

6. Osi again

Wow! Peter Pan lives!

1. Regular season record

Here are mine.

1. 11-5, tied with Dallas atop the NFC East (we'll win the tiebreaker). Washington is a borderline playoff team; Philly finishes 7-9.

2. NFC Championship game loss to Carolina

3. Tiki

4. Pierce

5. Madison

6. Osi (will lead the NFL)

Also, I see a 5-3 away record for Big Blue.