SportsWrath

Ryan Nassab vs Geno Smith

BleedinBlue

Just a little trivia for you guys.

Ryan Nassab faced Geno Smith three times in the last three years. The outcome:

2010: Syracuse beats West Virginina 19-14 (Nassib throws 1 TD, 0 interceptions. Geno Smith throws for 1 TD, 3 interceptions)

2011: Syracuse stuns West Virginia 49-23 (Nassib passed for 229 yards and four touchdowns and ran for another knocking off no. 11 W.Va)

2012: (Pinstripe Bowl - Yankee Stadium) Syracuse plasters West Virginia 34-14 (Nassib threw for 2 TD's and 1 interception, Geno Smith threw for 2 TD's, 0 interception)

Doesn't really mean all that much, but in each case, Syracuse was a significant underdog, yet the Nassib led team still rallied for wins. Leadership cannot be determined by number of yards thrown and number of completions.

edit: Syracuse also beat Kansas State in the inaugural Pinstripe Bowl in 2010, getting 239 yards and three touchdown passes from Nassib.

There's been 2 football games played at Yankee Stadium in the past several decades. Both times, Nassib led his team to victory as the underdog. The point here is that Nassib doesn't fold like a cheap suit under the bright lights of the greatest (and most opinionated, fan savvy, critics) city in the world. That to me is important!

Nassib is as good as he will ever be. There is a reason his own coach passed on him

I think that's a silly argument. Because his coach (there is also a gm owner scouts) thought another guy was better for the 8th overall pick, doesn't mean Nassib isn't a good qb to be selected later on.

EJ Manuel had a terrific Senior Bowl (was the MVP)...his lifetime stats are nothing like how he played in that game.

Make no doubt about it, Doug Marrone loves Nassib and has repeatedly said so. He wasn't given carte blanche over the GM to take whoever he wanted, however he obviously agreed that Manuel was going to be a good QB. Manuel's caveat is that he can also run with the football (ala McNabb, Vick, RGIII, etc.) and in fact, scored a TD in the Senior Bowl with his legs.

Here's a pretty good summary of how Manuel leap frogged all the other QB's even though he was ranked anywhere from the 4th to the 7th best QB in the class:

I think that's a silly argument. Because his coach (there is also a gm owner scouts) thought another guy was better for the 8th overall pick, doesn't mean Nassib isn't a good qb to be selected later on.

They moved back to the 16th pick I believe. You bring in a guy to try to re write your franchise you better listen to him. But hey that why the Bills will stay in the Shitter. As for what he say public you can olny take for so much. Your not going to diss a guy you coached. My first and main point was He is as good as he will get. His own coach knows he does not hold the potential like EJ , Geno and Barkley.

Even when the 'honkey' is named "Nassib" and the black guy's named "Geno"?

This is not good for the black community.

Yes, even then. Besides, Im pretty sure that Geno is pronounced Kwan in black.

its very confusing for the white community.

Yes, even then. Besides, Im pretty sure that Geno is pronounced Kwan in black.

its very confusing for the white community.

I'm glad we have a strong ambassitor from the Black Community on the board to clear these things up.