SportsWrath

I'm hoping we can get Khaseem Greene in the 2nd.

JMFP

One of the things I don't like about highlight videos, is that it cherry picks a dozen or so times a player has performed perfectly, while ignoring the few hundred times they failed. Most the time when a player flattens someone, it's because the play broke down when someone didn't do their job leaving an opposing player as a sitting duck.

That doesn't mean that Greene wouldn't be a good pickup, because he probably would be. It's just that every player seems to have put together a video (or several) of the few moments they excelled over the last 4 years and put it to some kind of mind numbing pop/rap music to give it extra splash. And those 5 minutes of cherry picked highlights over several years are not necessarily indicative of the overall player who leaves out all his missed tackles and missed assignments or getting taken out by a lesser player because he was out of position. Those highlights are purposely cut from the tape and laying on the editors floor and are oftentimes a lot better gauge of who you are going to get.

I will check out highlight vids from time to time, but when evaluating players, I always look at a vid of their complete snaps in a game, multiple games against the highest possible level of competition is preferred. But highlight videos aren't completely useless, either. Many times, u will see plays that ordinary players just aren't capable of. When I evaluated Von Miller, I knew he was going to be special just off the highlight vids.

• 4 months later...

This guy is definitely showing something on the Bears, not sure if you guys have heard.

Yeah, but they've got an entrenched starter at his position, so they kind of blew it. Probably should have gone with a center.

Why draft someone in the 4th round who isn't going to start?