SportsWrath

Final mock

Bigblue25

19.D.J Fluker OT Alabama

I am fine with RT at 19, it's a major problem. Fluker is dominate, a road grading mauler, the thoughts he is not good against the pass are wrong, he gave up four sacks total last year and three came in one game. He is a plug and play guy and dominates the right side for the next ten years.

49.Alex Okafor DE Texas

Been a fan of Okafor for a long time, he has first round talent, but sometimes teams get caught up in pre draft workouts and productive DE's like Okafor fall, he had

12.5 sacks, 16.5 TFL and 4 FF's. He went out with a bang against Oregon St in his final game. He has good length 6'5, 265, 34 inch arms. Perfect fit for our defense.

81.Blidi Wreh Wilson-CB UConn

Sticking with Wreh Wilson, like his lentgh and ball skills

116.Hugh Thornton OG Illinois

Has LG, RG and OT at Illinois, best fit in the NFL is most likely OG. Very tenacious blocker, who has a wrestling background. He is athletic enough to get to the second level and eliminate the ILB from the play. He needs more consistency in his footwook, which I think Flaherty will fix. Mid round steal.

152.Kevin Reddick ILB UNC-very athletic LB, plays every snap, probably the best blitzer in this whole draft from the LB spot, he usually beats OG's to the backfield and keeps QB's on their heels, has even rushed from the DE position. Good size, 6'2 243. He is fluid dropping into zone, may struggle in man coverage. Overall is a solid athlete, who can play all 3 downs, can play outside at SAM has well in a 4-3

187.Cooper Taylor S Richmond-Tall safety, whose extremely aggressive, can play deep and maybe fit in at LB, in zone coverage he has a heart condition, which could scare teams off, but he has cleared all medical evaluations during the pre draft process. Ga Tech transfer, who could be a steal here and a good fit with the Giants.

225.Mike James RB Miami

253.Caleb Sturgis K Florida

I simply just can't understand anyone mocking Ogletree to the Giants, bb25. I respect your draft-guru worthiness, but that is one of the worst 1st round swing and a miss picks I've ever seen. Ogletree wasn't a first rounder just based on tape. Throw in his knuckleheaded-ness, and I think he's still waiting deep into round 2. I suppose Baltimore could take a chance on him at 32, but other than, Ogletree is probably THE biggest headcase in the draft, and is not a complete linebacker, either... just a coverage linebacker who isn't physical nearly enough.

I simply just can't understand anyone mocking Ogletree to the Giants, bb25. I respect your draft-guru worthiness, but that is one of the worst 1st round swing and a miss picks I've ever seen. Ogletree wasn't a first rounder just based on tape. Throw in his knuckleheaded-ness, and I think he's still waiting deep into round 2. I suppose Baltimore could take a chance on him at 32, but other than, Ogletree is probably THE biggest headcase in the draft, and is not a complete linebacker, either... just a coverage linebacker who isn't physical nearly enough.

I tend to agree with you Jim, although Ogletree probably is the most gifted athlete among the linebackers...it's just that there's a huge question mark about his coachability to put that gift into actual workable product. And you are right, he is a bad tackler. He can get to someone fast, but doesn't wrap up. I have my doubts he'd turn our LB corps into one that other teams feared.

I actually believe that some highly regarded player is going to slip through the cracks and the Giants are going to snatch him up simply because he's just too good to pass up. Maybe it's someone like Star Lotulelei or Chance Warmack or Ziggy Ansah or something. It happens every year when teams' plans goes up in smoke after there's a run on DE's or OT's or WR's. Teams panic and grab the next best DE or WR once their game plan has been blown up and it leaves some stud player still on the board 10-12 spots further down then they were expected to go. Nothing would surprise me come Thursday night. All I want is an impact player that can be a factor THIS YEAR...especially if we are going to wrap up millions in a contract for a player. Personally...I want Tyler Eifert and I know that rubs everybody's fur the wrong way, but he'd be an immediate impact and game changer THIS YEAR and having a super TE taking up millions of cap space for the next 4 or 5 years makes me feel a lot better than having millions wrapped up on a player waiting on the bench and is a couple years away from starting. Hence the reason I don't like offensive lineman in the first round - lots and lots of money for a player to sit on the bench for a year or two.

Day before, real quick write up.

19.Alec Ogletree LB Georgia

http://draftbreakdow...s/alec-ogletree

49.Damontre Moore-DE Texas A &M

http://draftbreakdow.../damontre-moore

81.Blidi Wreh Wilson-CB UConn

http://draftbreakdow...idi-wreh-wilson

116.Reid Fragel-OT Ohio St.

http://draftbreakdow...ers/reid-fragel

152.J.C Tretter-OG Cornell

http://draftbreakdow...yers/jc-tretter

187.Earl Wolff-S NC St

http://draftbreakdow...yers/earl-wolff

225.Matt Stankiewich-C Penn St

253.Caleb Sturgis K Florida

Definitely have the position priorities pretty well going there. I like it. Alec Olgletree might not be the traditional "fill the hole" thumper LB, but he's probably going to be a nice rangy cover LB. If we were to pig Olgetree, I'd personally want to see us trade down and then pick him. #19 might be a tad high.

At this point, I kinda want to discard all my mock drafts on this board - I just have a feeling one good OL will fall to us, or Reese will pick TE Tyler Effeirt.

Who the heck really knows. That's the excitement of the draft!

I tend to agree with you Jim, although Ogletree probably is the most gifted athlete among the linebackers...it's just that there's a huge question mark about his coachability to put that gift into actual workable product. And you are right, he is a bad tackler. He can get to someone fast, but doesn't wrap up. I have my doubts he'd turn our LB corps into one that other teams feared.

I actually believe that some highly regarded player is going to slip through the cracks and the Giants are going to snatch him up simply because he's just too good to pass up. Maybe it's someone like Star Lotulelei or Chance Warmack or Ziggy Ansah or something. It happens every year when teams' plans goes up in smoke after there's a run on DE's or OT's or WR's. Teams panic and grab the next best DE or WR once their game plan has been blown up and it leaves some stud player still on the board 10-12 spots further down then they were expected to go. Nothing would surprise me come Thursday night. All I want is an impact player that can be a factor THIS YEAR...especially if we are going to wrap up millions in a contract for a player. Personally...I want Tyler Eifert and I know that rubs everybody's fur the wrong way, but he'd be an immediate impact and game changer THIS YEAR and having a super TE taking up millions of cap space for the next 4 or 5 years makes me feel a lot better than having millions wrapped up on a player waiting on the bench and is a couple years away from starting. Hence the reason I don't like offensive lineman in the first round - lots and lots of money for a player to sit on the bench for a year or two.

It's more than that, though Bleedin'.... Ogletree doesn't shed blocks in the tackle box. He gets dominated, pushed around. He's a non-factor unless he's in space or in coverage. He gets a lot of tackles 20 yards from the line of scrimmage. If he was a safety, fine... but that's not going to do for a LB.

It's more than that, though Bleedin'.... Ogletree doesn't shed blocks in the tackle box. He gets dominated, pushed around. He's a non-factor unless he's in spa

ce or in coverage. He gets a lot of tackles 20 yards from the line of scrimmage. If he was a safety, fine... but that's not going to do for a LB.

He gets off blocks well though and usually his speed allows him to beat the G to the punch, I think he wraps well. SEC chapionship, he stonewalled Lacy at the goalline. I have even been off and on with him, he is boom or bust. He is either Weatherspoon or Aaron Curry.