SportsWrath

7 Round Mock 4/6

Bigblue25

Well after much deliberation...

19.Bjoern Werner DE FSU 6'3 266 NFL Comparasion:Kyle VandenBosch, Jared Allen.

German born Werner, played only two seasons of high school football and was still a highly regarded recruit. He has put up incredible production at Florida St, last year 13 sacks, 18 TFL and 8 passes batted,leading to winning ACC DPOY honors. He has elite first step quickness, and plays well in space and has a great motor. He is stout against the run as well, normally swallowing RB's I feel Werner could be the best prospect in the entire draft in two or three years. He is still raw, but has already got great production and solid football awareness. He isn't the most athletic though, and didn't "blow" up on the combine, so he thankfully drops into our hands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHxSVDR-fQ

49..Khaseem Green OLB Rutgers 6'1 241 NFL Comparasion: Lavonte David

Converted Safety, who moved to OLB in 2011, move paid off has he won Big East DPOY. Last year, he had 136, 12 TFL, 6 sacks and 5 passes broken up. He is extremely quick off the edge, he is very adapted in coverage and can easily hang with TE's and slot receivers, has even played deep middle. Has great sideline to sideline speed and can find RB's in space. Negatives are his ability to shed blocks and his ability to weave through traffic, usually not a problem since he uses his quickness to get into the backfield. He would be a great fit at WLB, given the Giants much needed speed off the edge and the ability to cover on third downs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhb83_ASFuk

81.Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB UConn 6'1 195 NFL Comparasion:Antoine Cason

Perfect fit for zone coverage, he was used all over at UConn though. He also has the ability to press with 32" arms. He had 10 pass deflections, only one pick, but balls were not thrown his way much. He has the ability to break on the ball and can recover if beaten. He ran 4.42 forty at the combine. He will develop into a top notch CB in my eyes and will be perfect for Fewell's scheme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OKbn296BYc

116.Oday Aboushi OT Virginia 6'6 310 NFL Comparasion:Willie Colon, Eben Britton

Played LT at UVA, but better position in the NFL is RT. He plays with a mean streak and is able to easily mantain speed rushers, He had a poor combine, which dropped him. He has good tape, but lacks athleticism. I think Flaherty will be able to fix any holes in his game. He is a hard worker with a good football mentatility to learn. His done well against top flight pass rushers. He dominated Ansah, this is tape against UNC's Martin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEN7l5pBA3Y

sorry broken into two halves, cause of videos

152.Nick Kasa TE Colorado 6'6 217 NFL Comparasion: Kevin Boss

Exceptional athlete, who was a former DE. Very raw, he has only one career catch. He impressed at the senior bowl and put up good numbers at the combine, 4.71 forty. He of course needs works, running routes, Pope did postional drills with him at Colorado's pro day and looked good. Pope loves projects and I have heard interest on the Giants front, in a few years, think Kasa could be a good TE, with a little refining.

187.Hugh Thorton G/C Illinois 6'3 220 NFL Comparasion: Louis Vasquez

Very tenacious blocker, with a heavyweight wrestling background, who played LT and LG for Illinois. His best fit in the NFL is inside and his best position could be the pivot. He is powerful and has had is share of pancake blocks. He is also quick enough to get to the second level, fires off his stance and stonewalls most bull rushes. He does have trouble with consistency. Overall, he is a great prospect and a steal in the sixth round.

225.Keelan Johnson S Arizona St 6'0 210

Extremely agressive, very productive safety. Had 8 picks last year, with 88 tackles and 18 pd's. He can cover WR's like a nickel corner, but hits like a safety. WR in HIgh school, which allows him to track to the ball well in the air. He is sometimes overagressive, causing missed tackles, he will miss time his jump going for the pick, causing big completions. Good developmental prospect, whose played both FS and SS. He will contribute right away on ST's and maybe further down the road be a solid starter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4SbB4UqIHM

253. Miguel Maysonet RB Stony Brook 5'10 210

Compact runner, who has suprising agility and power. Very good at cutting back and finding lanes. He adds depth to the RB core and may be a good 3rd down option. He nevers quits turning his legs and is adapted at picking up extra yardage. 156.5 yards per game, which led the FCS. Of course they're are questions of competition. This is tape against Syracuse, he doesn't look out of place against an FBS school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCW3sKo20rs

I like it, dude...did you go DE as a BPA scenario? I'm hesitant to jump on the Werner bandwagon with his lack of experience and to be honest, a lot of those offensive tackles in the highlight clip looked completely lost....but I definitely like the idea of going DE simply because Tuck is showing signs of battle fatigue as the seasons wear on for him and we need another player at that position to add to the rotation. And I'm a big Jared Allen fan, I think he's a freak of nature. Or at least was.

I like it, dude...did you go DE as a BPA scenario? I'm hesitant to jump on the Werner bandwagon with his lack of experience and to be honest, a lot of those offensive tackles in the highlight clip looked completely lost....but I definitely like the idea of going DE simply because Tuck is showing signs of battle fatigue as the seasons wear on for him and we need another player at that position to add to the rotation. And I'm a big Jared Allen fan, I think he's a freak of nature. Or at least was.

yeah, he would easily be the BPA. Alot of teams ahead of us, looking for pass rushing help, run 34, which he doesn't fit. So I think he falls to us. His experience, really isn't lacking, he still played three years at FSU. He dominated Lane Johnson, whose the third best OT in this class.

I like it, overall. Just not a fan of Aboushi. I don't think he will become anything in the NFL. Other than him, I like the picks, just don't love them. Actually, I love the Wreh-Wilson and Maysonet picks.

I like the mock, except the 81st pick.

As a dedicated watcher of Uconn football, I believe Wreh-Wilson is very overrated by most draft boards. I don't quite understand why people are rating this guy so high. Scouts like his height, but that's about all he has. He was really pretty average for Uconn, and the team played in a medicore conference. Plus, vs Louisville, Terry Bridewater lit him up. Wreh-Wilson might fit a zone type scheme where he's protected. If I were an NFL GM, I wouldn't touch him in any round earlier than the fourth, and even then I have my doubts. Frankly, I always thought Dwayne Gratz (the other Uconn CB who's in this draft) was better.

I think scouts fell in love with Branding Browner last season (a rare DB) and consequently are falling in love with tall corners - this, to me, is going to result in taller CB's being over drafted, and Wreh-Wilson is no exception.

I like the mock, except the 81st pick.

As a dedicated watcher of Uconn football, I believe Wreh-Wilson is very overrated by most draft boards. I don't quite understand why people are rating this guy so high. Scouts like his height, but that's about all he has. He was really pretty average for Uconn, and the team played in a medicore conference. Plus, vs Louisville, Terry Bridewater lit him up. Wreh-Wilson might fit a zone type scheme where he's protected. If I were an NFL GM, I wouldn't touch him in any round earlier than the fourth, and even then I have my doubts. Frankly, I always thought Dwayne Gratz (the other Uconn CB who's in this draft) was better.

I think scouts fell in love with Branding Browner last season (a rare DB) and consequently are falling in love with tall corners - this, to me, is going to result in taller CB's being over drafted, and Wreh-Wilson is no exception.

I like him for Fewell's scheme, I've watched him and Gratz I do think he could bust. But I like the way he breaks to ball and he has long enough arm for batted balls. I didn't like Gratz has much.

I like him for Fewell's scheme, I've watched him and Gratz I do think he could bust. But I like the way he breaks to ball and he has long enough arm for batted balls. I didn't like Gratz has much.

You mean Fewel is here to stay? Noooooooo :cry: