SportsWrath

Eli willing to restructure to keep Cruz.

Lughead

From what I read between the lines, the Giants have offered Cruz right around $6M per and maybe would go a little higher. Best guess on length of deal is 4 years, so something like $25M over 4 and they'd have to figure out what's guaranteed/bonus Vs salary. I think Cruz went in looking for more like $35M over 4.

And on a related note, I don't see how they give Nicks the $9M per year mentioned above. I'm thinking more like $7.5M to $8M, tops, is all they'll be able to fit. If he goes pff for 85/1400/12 this year and can get $9M+ in FA, well, that's why we drafted Rueben Randle. Sucks but that's cap reality.

I hope you are right. The cheaper, the better. But the only way they get him that cheap is if they get it done before the season starts. Nicks is gonna go off in a contract year. We don't want to get caught paying $11m or more.

I hope you are right. The cheaper, the better. But the only way they get him that cheap is if they get it done before the season starts. Nicks is gonna go off in a contract year. We don't want to get caught paying $11m or more.

I have a feeling the Giants will lock up Nicks before this season begins... and we'll have the Trio of Nicks, Cruz, and Randle for a very long time... and watch Flacco stink up the joint this year with no one around him and no defense to save his ass... the Giants will look like geniuses.