SportsWrath

NFC EAST DRAFT DISCUSSION

parlintm

Since this is the most competitive year in recent NFL East history, I thought it would be to discuss how our opponents did in this draft. To get us started Ill list all the player drafted by each team:

Dallas Cowboys

18. Bobby C. -- I actually was hoping to land this guy. I think we all know that he can be a great LB.

53. Fasano -- Not against our defense.

92. Jason Hatcher DE

125. Sklyer Green WR

138. Pat Wilkins FS

182. Stanley Montavious DT

211. Pat Mcquiston OT

224. EJ Witley C

Philadephia Eagles

14. Bunkley -- Got a great athlete which makes their Dline pretty scary. Glad we have a good oline.

39. Winston Justice -- Osi will be kicking his ass for years.

71. Chris Gocong DE

99. Max Jean-Gilles - Got a great guard this late. Great pick.

109. Jason Avant WR

147. Jeremy Bloom -- I think this is a good pick for them. He at least helps out their return game.

168. Omar Gaither LB

204. Lajuan Ramsey DT

Washington Redskins

35. Rocky Mcintosh -- Who would you rather have. Him or Lavar? hehehe.

153. Anthony Montgomery DT

173. Reed Dougherty SS

196. Kedric Golston DT

230. Kili Lafotu G

250. Kevin Simon LB

I think the ealges had the best draft out of these three. Good for us that they were the worst team heading into the season and I still don't think they're any good since they're offense is still going to be garbage. Redskins didnt do much.... whats new. Dallas was solid.

I think the Cowboys best value pick was the safety Watkins. Dallas is going to really put some hits on receivers over the middle with RW and Watkins back there. I loved this prospect and was surprised to see him stick around into the 4th.

Their final round pick Whitley is listed at Center but spent a lot of time at Tackle too. He was nice value in the 7th.

I thought Philly had a strong draft. They're really putting an emphasis on winning the battle in the trenches. They got great value on the second day in LB Omar Gaither, a guy I hoped we'd select. I don't think either of the receiver picks will work out for them. Bunkley is a monster. He and Patterson will form a solid interior.

Redskins gave up a LOT to trade up for Rocky. As usual, I found there draft suspect.

I agree with Nem, but Im not disappointed with our draft. I thought we had a solid draft and acquired some talented prospects.

Eagles- A

Dallas- B+

Giants- B

Redskins- F

I only question the first 2 picks. If we going to Draft a WR why not draft Holmes in the first round? i think he's a better prospect than Moss.

I only question the first 2 picks. If we going to Draft a WR why not draft Holmes in the first round? i think he's a better prospect than Moss.

the Giants love that idea of a small 4.3 WR in the slot. If you go on the current trends and that this league is copycat and look at the success of Santana Moss and Steve Smith it makes some sense. They felt we had enough tall WR's and wanted a small guy in the slot.

As far as Kiwi goes I look at it simply like this, this front office and coaching staff place pass rushers at the utmost premium. In their opinion you can never have enough. If we plan on having Strahan play another few years there is going to come a time when MS needs some breathers from time to time, it would be nice to know that if Stray takes a series or 2 off the strength of the defense "could" remain. Factor that and the inevitable knowledge that Stray cannot play like he is 25 forever and the pick makes sense. With that being said there is no reason to think that Stray will slow down in the next year or so.

I also like the idea of the guys that will ultimately take Strays place learning under him. Its like a bridge, LT played 1 year with Stray in 93 and Stray always speaks of how valuable it was seeing him and how he went about his game and how valuable that was. I think Strays greatness and work ethic can only rub off on these young De's like Kiwi and Tuck and make them better.

the Giants love that idea of a small 4.3 WR in the slot. If you go on the current trends and that this league is copycat and look at the success of Santana Moss and Steve Smith it makes some sense. They felt we had enough tall WR's and wanted a small guy in the slot.

As far as Kiwi goes I look at it simply like this, this front office and coaching staff place pass rushers at the utmost premium. In their opinion you can never have enough. If we plan on having Strahan play another few years there is going to come a time when MS needs some breathers from time to time, it would be nice to know that if Stray takes a series or 2 off the strength of the defense "could" remain. Factor that and the inevitable knowledge that Stray cannot play like he is 25 forever and the pick makes sense. With that being said there is no reason to think that Stray will slow down in the next year or so.

I also like the idea of the guys that will ultimately take Strays place learning under him. Its like a bridge, LT played 1 year with Stray in 93 and Stray always speaks of how valuable it was seeing him and how he went about his game and how valuable that was. I think Strays greatness and work ethic can only rub off on these young De's like Kiwi and Tuck and make them better.

My only problem with Kiwi is that he was a late 2nd to early 3rd prospect. I though we were reaching a little with a 1st round draft pick. But, i believe in EA.

My only problem with Kiwi is that he was a late 2nd to early 3rd prospect. I though we were reaching a little with a 1st round draft pick. But, i believe in EA.

his stock fell at the senior bowl no doubt, but this regime has had a recent history of success with reach picks at the DE spot. DO not forget no one had OSI rated as highly as we did in 03.

I agree though they probably could have waited till RD2, but apparently EA wanted Moss in RD 1 and some others (TC, Reese, Mara, Tisch?) wanted Kiwi. If that was the case then props to the FO as they manipulated it where they wound up with the 2 guys they wanted.

his stock fell at the senior bowl no doubt, but this regime has had a recent history of success with reach picks at the DE spot. DO not forget no one had OSI rated as highly as we did in 03.

:TD:

You're right...I also thought back then that they were REALLY reaching. It turns out I was wrong. That's why I have faith in EA now.

I actually think that the Redskins did fairly well for the picks they had in this draft. They doubled up in 2 areas in which they are in most need, and in addition to McIntosh, I think if Kevin Simon gets a clean bill of health, he's going to be a real steal for them.

I swear...nobody is winning more than 10 games in the NFC East.

But, we'll be the best 10 win team ever.

It really could simply just boil down to what team can stay the healthiest at key spots and when they play certain other teams and how their health is.

It really could simply just boil down to what team can stay the healthiest at key spots and when they play certain other teams and how their health is.

you know what? fuck it! I'm glad we have tough schedule! Lets see what this team is made of. :rock:

you know what? fuck it! I'm glad we have tough schedule! Lets see what this team is made of. :rock:

do not forget all the teams play the same schedule of teams with the exception of 2 games. where we get seattle and the bears, the skins get the rams and vikes, the boys get the cards and lions and the eagles get the niners and packers. the difference could be which of those teams is better or worse than expected?

do not forget all the teams play the same schedule of teams with the exception of 2 games. where we get seattle and the bears, the skins get the rams and vikes, the boys get the cards and lions and the eagles get the niners and packers. the difference could be which of those teams is better or worse than expected?

I want to play Seattle again.

Gotta disagree there. The only people who might've slotted Kiwi late 2nd or 3rd round completely ignored his body of work in college and totally overemphasized his subpar week at the Senior Bowl. Kiwi would've been first round had he come out after his Junior season. He had some injuires that effected his play and caused him to slip a bit during his senior year but up until December of last year, most draft pubs still ranked him ahead of Mario Williams. Mario exploded at the combine and helped his stock about as well as a player could.