SportsWrath

T2 signed back for 2013!

osi724dasack

KP is one hell of a safety and we all take him for granted when he's back there. He doesn't get the picks he should, but that's because he's there for run support too. If our linebackers improved, KP could play a lot more center field.

Now, that said, I'm not bound to the guy because for one, he's not on the field often enough. He's banged up a lot, meaning that the talents he does have, we don't get to see as often as we should. And two, his cap number will be too much for us to handle. I have no doubts that he'll want to test free agency and that some team will be willing to pay him not just more than we can afford, but more than we'd be willing given his injury concerns.

Given we have Will Hill and Stevie Brown coming up through the ranks, with an established starter in Rolle...I'm completely fine with the Giants lowballing KP with an incentives based contract and letting him walk off with another team when he doesn't sign it.

Rolle's salary is one of the highest in the league at his position last I checked... I'm not sure if cutting him would save much though but I'd rather see Rolle walk than KP... granted KP needs to fucking stay on the field already... which means his contract must be based on playing time vs bench time.

Rolle's salary is one of the highest in the league at his position last I checked... I'm not sure if cutting him would save much though but I'd rather see Rolle walk than KP... granted KP needs to fucking stay on the field already... which means his contract must be based on playing time vs bench time.

Cutting Rolle would save his 7 million salary in 2013, but the forwarding of his bonuses would create 4.5 million offset...meaning we'd only save 2.5 million in 2013 for cutting him. We'd save his full 7 million salary in 2014.

If we wait until June 1st, it would essentially split the 4.5 million bonus money between 2013 and 2014. We'd save 4.75 this year and 4.75 next year. Essentially, this simply shifts the total savings of 9.5 million more evenly between 2013 and 2014.

Rolle, to me, is far more versatile than KP. Rolle covers slot receivers, plays a LB role, or plays his natural safety position. Given our secondary depth...moreso the lack thereof...I like Rolle's value. And again, Rolle plays whereas KP doesn't.

Cutting Rolle would save his 7 million salary in 2013, but the forwarding of his bonuses would create 4.5 million offset...meaning we'd only save 2.5 million in 2013 for cutting him. We'd save his full 7 million salary in 2014.

If we wait until June 1st, it would essentially split the 4.5 million bonus money between 2013 and 2014. We'd save 4.75 this year and 4.75 next year. Essentially, this simply shifts the total savings of 9.5 million more evenly between 2013 and 2014.

Rolle, to me, is far more versatile than KP. Rolle covers slot receivers, plays a LB role, or plays his natural safety position. Given our secondary depth...moreso the lack thereof...I like Rolle's value. And again, Rolle plays whereas KP doesn't.

Yea but I still think KP is more valuable in the sense that when he's on the field he's good... Rolle is the jack of all trades... master of none. and his salary is killing us.

Very good assessment, Gmen.

Yea but I still think KP is more valuable in the sense that when he's on the field he's good... Rolle is the jack of all trades... master of none. and his salary is killing us.

I'd gladly pay 7 million for a guy who I can rely upon to be on the field than 1 dollar for a guy of which I don't have the same faith.

With Hill, Sash, and Brown all in the mix, I'd much rather see them get a shot over KP at this point.

I haven't even mentioned the vocal leadership that Rolle provides. Tuck was supposed to be that guy, but he's dropped the ball there as he's not the emotional, firy guy to rally the troups. Rolle stepped in and took that opportunity.

Yes, Rolle is costing us a lot, but I think he's earning his paycheck far more than KP earns his.

Very good assessment, Gmen.

thanks...perhaps it's a bit obvious, but I enjoy the numbers side of it. If I hadn't had a desire to have a family and be home with kids, I'd have strongly considered going into being an agent or working in an agent's office.

I'd feel much better if we weren't spending cap money on guys off of our IR list. Granted, this deal saves us money, but as much as I loved the pre-injuries Thomas, he can't have much left, if anything.

Not sure how the 13 year DT is going to be much help, either. Maybe a year, if he can stay on the field?

This defense needs an overhaul, and so far, I'm seeing more of the same. I hope things change in March.