SportsWrath

GIANTS sign F/A vet RB Kregg Lumpkin

osi724dasack

Well, Torain is a downhill runner so I guess that's somewhat similar to Brown. He had a couple of nice games with Washington just got hurt all the time.

One guy he does not want to see on Monday night is Ryan Torain, his former running back. The Giants signed Torain as a free agent on Tuesday.

“I’m hoping that he’s not doing anything this weekend,” Shanahan cracked. “Hopefully, he’s sick, he’s not playing very well. Ryan Torain is a great young man. He’s got excellent running ability.

“I was kind of really surprised that he was on the street as long as he was. I think the one thing he’s going to look for, is a guy that can make people miss, a guy that can carry the football and he’s a great kid.”

What others have said already - Ryan Torain's signing is a far better choice assuming he has kept himself conditioned. Although I cant believe - Cadillac came for look in and wasnt drafted. This coaching staff might be able to make him special. Torain could be the exact same player he is replacing - Andre Brown. Good guy, good player - just got hurt and got cut many times. Its exciting to see what happens down the stretch. Do we ever play the double RB set anymore?