SportsWrath

I'm making a Google Spreadsheet of SW Mocks

Allstarjim

Right now I have mine, BigBlue25's, Pdouble's, and Gmenroc's first round mock in the spreadsheet.

If I didn't put another poster's name, and they have posted a complete first round mock, please let me know and bump that thread and I will include it. I will post the spreadsheet in a little bit so we can compare tonight, our picks with what really happens... plus I might just include Mayock's as well.

Right now I have mine, BigBlue25's, Pdouble's, and Gmenroc's first round mock in the spreadsheet.

If I didn't put another poster's name, and they have posted a complete first round mock, please let me know and bump that thread and I will include it. I will post the spreadsheet in a little bit so we can compare tonight, our picks with what really happens... plus I might just include Mayock's as well.

Vendetta posted a full mock. Who knew a hippie liberal actually knows a thing or two about sports...

OK, here you go, if you have a mock and I didn't post it, bump it for me so I can see it. If you want to change a pick, let me know here and I will update the spreadsheet.

So with this we can follow along tonight. Happy Draft Day, everybody!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvgUYDAzpSmndF9kLVI5Nm5qRlBSUWFLYzVZMzl6MkE#gid=0

Scoring results of the first round mocks:

ALL HAIL PDUB!

Pdouble: 91 points - Mocked 26 first rounders that went in the first round. He mocked Luck, Griffin, Kalil, Richardson, Tannehill, Poe, and Chandler Jones to the right teams.

Mike Mayock: 87 points - Mocked 27 first rounders that went in the first round. He mocked Luck, Griffin, Kalil, Tannehill, and Kirkpatrick to the right teams, as well as mocking Brockers and Claiborne to the correct pick number.

Peter King: 82 points - Mocked 26 first rounders that went in the first round. He mocked Luck, Griffin, Kalil, Richardson, Tannehill, Kirkpatrick, and Weeden to their correct teams.

Gmenroc: 72 points - Mocked 24 of 32 first rounders that went in the first round. He mocked Luck, Griffin, Kalil, and Richardson to the teams that drafted them. He also mocked Chandler Jones and Harrison Smith to the correct pick # they were drafted at.

Bigblue25: 70 points - Mocked 23 of 32 first rounders that went in the first round. He mocked Luck, Griffin, Richardson, Blackmon, and Zeitler to the teams that drafted them. He also mocked Fletcher Cox to the correct pick # he was drafted at.

Allstarjim: 69 points - Mocked 24 of 32 first rounders that went in the first round. I mocked Luck, Griffin, Kalil, Richardson, and Hightower to the teams that drafted them, and proudly eat my humble pie for last place! :)

Big surprises with A.J. Jenkins going to the 49ers at 30, with most of the analysts saying he was a mid to late 2nd rounder. Bruce Irvin was an enormous surprise going so early to the Seahawks at 15 with guys like Melvin Ingram (considered the top pass rusher in the draft by many), Chandler Jones, Quinton Coples, and Whitney Mercilus still on the board there. CBSSports had Irvin as the 52nd ranked player in the draft.

Kendall Wright going at 21 to the Titans with all the weight gain and pre-draft questions around him, with some scouts giving him a 3rd round grade.

The Patriots schooling the other teams again by trading up and getting two of the premier defensive talents in this draft, in Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower. Both should be earlier contributors and I really think Hightower is going to add some serious teeth to their 3-4. Mayock said in a few years Jones could be the best defensive player from this draft... just raw like JPP was coming out.

I also thought the Buccaneers played the draft well, but it was interesting... got picks later, but passed on Claiborne, who could be at least as good as Revis. But they did get Barron, a terrific player with a very high floor, and trading back into the first round at 31 to take Doug Martin, who will team with LeGarrett Blount to give the Bucs a formidable 1-2 punch in the running game.

Most of the pre-draft buzz had Upshaw going higher than a lot of the other pass rushers. I had him at 31 to the Patriots, and he slid even further, out of the 2nd round. I predicted Nick Perry would go higher and he did. But I missed on Gilmore and Kirkpatrick. I had Kirkpatrick just ahead of Gilmore, but Gilmore ended up going pretty early, at #11 overall to the Bills, with Kirkpatrick going at #18 to the Bengals. I really thought the Bengals would go for a playmaker for their front seven, as well, and they had two picks in the first, and took the CB and Kevin Zeitler from Wisconsin late, and with Nick Perry still on the board I thought that was a mistake... they need pass rushers, maybe they address that in day 2. But Zeitler is a good player that will definitely help them.

But lastly, I want to say that Pdouble, I don't know how you did it, but you are the man! Great job with your mock.

I wonder how Mel Kiper's mock panned out, and how he would've done in our scoring?

funny thing about Kiper this year. leading up to the draft I didnt hear much out of him or his hair..... not like years in the past when he was the" be all know all draft guru."