SportsWrath

Mohamed Sanu at 32?

osi724dasack

With Mario Manningham set to leave via f/a, how do you guys think this guy would fit in with our O?

Here's an SI article on the Ruthers product

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/02/23/mohamed.sanu/index.html?eref=si_writers

I like this guy and I'd he's BPA I'd take him at 32.

Nicks, Cruz and Sanu could be even deadlier then what we just had this year.

Maybe Reese sees Barden taking the job?

Jernigan IMO is a future slot guy and idk if he can play on the outside like M2. And Barden certainly has the potential but he has injury concerns and hasn't quite proven anything in 3 years here.

Just food for thought.

He kind of reminds me of Nicks coming out.

And btw I'm reading his draft position is based solely on 40 time. He runs a good 40 he's getting taken in the 20-40 range, if he runs a slow 40 he Maybe there in round 2 though.

Don't know why his quikness and separation is being questioned when he's caught over 100 passes in a year with a shit QB lol

I like our taking a WR in the draft, but I don't like it for our #1. I believe that a first round pick should be expected to start and contribute almost immediately, especially at WR. Given Nicks and Cruz, I think we could do better picking that WR in a later round.

If you can take BPA and fill a need in the first, I think that's the direction we need to go. I am looking for that to be TE with Allen or Fleener.

Yea we certainly have a ton of needs.

It can be said that we need a player at every position other then QB/K/P.

So i think it's BPA all day for Reese.

He's also high character and really smart so learning the complex system we run on offense nay come really quick.

I also really like Dwayne Allen and Fleener. More so Allen since he's a polished blocker. This guy Koger from Michigan has some upside and could be had in the later rounds.

Yea we certainly have a ton of needs.

It can be said that we need a player at every position other then QB/K/P.

So i think it's BPA all day for Reese.

He's also high character and really smart so learning the complex system we run on offense nay come really quick.

I also really like Dwayne Allen and Fleener. More so Allen since he's a polished blocker. This guy Koger from Michigan has some upside and could be had in the later rounds.

I don't know much about this Koger kid....you have anything handy on him?

I could argue that with Carr being a FA, that QB could be a need come draft day. Not to mention, I don't want the Giants to become Indianapolis should something happen to Eli. I was actually thinking of Kellen Moore out of Boise St. as a VERY late round, if not undrafted FA signing.

I agree on the character guys. I have seen a few mocks that have us taking Burfict at 32. Even if he'd still be there, which I don't think he will be, but still, if there, I think that the attitude and baggage would limit his appeal to the Giants moreso than it might other teams.

^ I'd quote you but it's a pain to quote long posts on my mobile device.

However

I don't want Burfict because of his character concerns and I read he lacks instincts? If that's true that's a huge red flag for a LB.

As far as backup QB goes I really like What I saw from Ryan Perriloux last PRe season. Hrs got a great arm, goes through his reads well, poised, mobile, he just lacks ideal height and has had character concerns in the past. Lol the giants signed and cut him from The ps this year like 15 times. But hopefully the kid progresses. He actually looks like he could be a starter someday of he keeps his head on.

About Koger I really don't know much about him, but I've read he has great all around TE ability and that his production was greatly hindered due to the style of offense that Michigan played. I'll try to get more info on him.

^ I'd quote you but it's a pain to quote long posts on my mobile device.

However

I don't want Burfict because of his character concerns and I read he lacks instincts? If that's true that's a huge red flag for a LB.

As far as backup QB goes I really like What I saw from Ryan Perriloux last PRe season. Hrs got a great arm, goes through his reads well, poised, mobile, he just lacks ideal height and has had character concerns in the past. Lol the giants signed and cut him from The ps this year like 15 times. But hopefully the kid progresses. He actually looks like he could be a starter someday of he keeps his head on.

About Koger I really don't know much about him, but I've read he has great all around TE ability and that his production was greatly hindered due to the style of offense that Michigan played. I'll try to get more info on him.

Perriloux...that's a hilarious story...you can't find anything on him without them mentioning that he's been signed/re-signed over a dozen times in a single season by the same team. I don't remember seeing much from him. Not saying he didn't do anything, but I just don't even remember seeing him in preseason. If he is what you say, which I don't necessarily doubt, than that's more comforting than what I originally thought. Still, a 3rd QB at some point is something to keep an eye on. Again, nothing more than a vet-minimum FA or nothing earlier than a 6th rd pick.

Yea resigning Carr would be ideal, but I think hes a gone ad well. Dude wants to compete for a starting QB job somewhere. Lol if I was him I'd be loving the Giants backup QB job and who knows maybe hes starting to like it. But Perriloux definately has ability, but I would not hand him the backup job. Id do what you mentioned and bring another guy in for vet minimum.

Yea resigning Carr would be ideal, but I think hes a gone ad well. Dude wants to compete for a starting QB job somewhere. Lol if I was him I'd be loving the Giants backup QB job and who knows maybe hes starting to like it. But Perriloux definately has ability, but I would not hand him the backup job. Id do what you mentioned and bring another guy in for vet minimum.

He wanted to compete for a starting job like 5 years ago! I think he's pretty much past that pipe dream.

I doubt Carr goes anywhere.

He wanted to compete for a starting job like 5 years ago! I think he's pretty much past that pipe dream.

I doubt Carr goes anywhere.

He was in SF just last year competing for a starting job with Alex Smith, no? I think most NFL players have that desire to start, to show what they have. There's a drive, a motivation that consumes a lot of them...or else I don't think they'd even get to that backup level. So I don't know that he's past wanting it. I think the league MAY be past giving him that opportunity.

I look at some teams like Arizona or Seattle or Washington or...on which David Carr MIGHT stand a chance to start. I reiterate..MIGHT be able to start. Whereas with us, so long as Eli's healthy, Carr has NO shot at starting. None. So yeah, nobody's building a team around David Carr, but do I think that there's a chance he could walk, yeah, I do.

What may or may not drive this, and I don't know the figures....but since we're close to the cap and all. What's the difference between vet minimum and the salary/contract given to say, a 6th or 7th round draft pick in the rookie wage scale? If the rookie draft pick makes less than vet minimum, than I think it COULD pave the way for Carr's departure.

He was in SF just last year competing for a starting job with Alex Smith, no? I think most NFL players have that desire to start, to show what they have. There's a drive, a motivation that consumes a lot of them...or else I don't think they'd even get to that backup level. So I don't know that he's past wanting it. I think the league MAY be past giving him that opportunity.

I look at some teams like Arizona or Seattle or Washington or...on which David Carr MIGHT stand a chance to start. I reiterate..MIGHT be able to start. Whereas with us, so long as Eli's healthy, Carr has NO shot at starting. None. So yeah, nobody's building a team around David Carr, but do I think that there's a chance he could walk, yeah, I do.

What may or may not drive this, and I don't know the figures....but since we're close to the cap and all. What's the difference between vet minimum and the salary/contract given to say, a 6th or 7th round draft pick in the rookie wage scale? If the rookie draft pick makes less than vet minimum, than I think it COULD pave the way for Carr's departure.

I just think if it had any chance of happening it would have already. I mean, Tavaris Jackson is the starter in Seattle and IMO there's no way Carr is worse than Alex Smith, at least given his absolutely pitiful performance in the NFC Championship.

I just think if it had any chance of happening it would have already. I mean, Tavaris Jackson is the starter in Seattle and IMO there's no way Carr is worse than Alex Smith, at least given his absolutely pitiful performance in the NFC Championship.

I agree in that Carr's chances to start are pretty much dried up. But then I look at some of these teams who could definitely use a starting QB...and you just never know.

Granted, I think the Colts are going to, and should, draft Andrew Luck...and turn over the keys to him. But don't you think the Colts would've loved to have Carr in place of Painter this season? Or Cleveland wanting Carr over McCoy? Or Arizona wanting Carr over the bum they signed from Philly? I don't know. I'm pretty much resigned to calling Carr a backup, but I look at a lot of teams who are starting less than that on any given Sunday.

I don't want anything too do with Chad Henne, if rather see how Perriloux looks in camp, guy has starter potential.

Going back to Sannu, I really like this guy for a lot of reasons and think he could fit in our offense brilliantly. He's alot like Nicks. Let's see how he measure up at the combine.

Ladarius Green is an interesting TE prospect.

I agree in that Carr's chances to start are pretty much dried up. But then I look at some of these teams who could definitely use a starting QB...and you just never know.

Granted, I think the Colts are going to, and should, draft Andrew Luck...and turn over the keys to him. But don't you think the Colts would've loved to have Carr in place of Painter this season? Or Cleveland wanting Carr over McCoy? Or Arizona wanting Carr over the bum they signed from Philly? I don't know. I'm pretty much resigned to calling Carr a backup, but I look at a lot of teams who are starting less than that on any given Sunday.

The biggest issue holding Carr back is the whole up side crap. With how many opportunities he's had I think teams would rather start a young QB. Not a bad idea to try for a team with a volatile QB situation and hope but I don't think he will have many options.

I don't want anything too do with Chad Henne, if rather see how Perriloux looks in camp, guy has starter potential.

Going back to Sannu, I really like this guy for a lot of reasons and think he could fit in our offense brilliantly. He's alot like Nicks. Let's see how he measure up at the combine.

If the Giants are able to resign Manningham which is a strong possibility, I don't see us going WR in the first 3 maybe 4 rounds... our WR group is superb as is... Need a big fast TE who's 1st 2nd round material. and our OL needs another rookie to join the farm. I expect Petrus to see a lot more playing time in 2012.

I really don't see the giants drafting WR in round 1.

I'm pretty interested to see the battle for the 3rd wr spot once Manningham likely leaves. I'm hoping with a full offseason and training camp we see Jernigan step up.

I talked about Green the day of the senior bowl, I wouldn't mind him. Apparently Atlanta likes him has the heir apparent to Gonzalez, he is raw and would need time to develop.

If we were to take Sannu and he panned out, that would give the Giants three young receivers to build with. But there are a lot of needs at least in terms of depth for the roster. Not to mention the money the team will be putting into the position re-signing Cruz and Nicks. I would lean toward signing a veteran to fill the 3WR, or at least have them battle with Jernigan or Barden etc. for that spot. Now that this group has two Super Bowls in the bag, how about welcoming back Burress? There's a big red zone target and unlike with the Jets, the Giants won't need to rely on him to be an integral part of the offense thanks to Cruz and Nicks. As long as he understands his role and the Giants front office is on board it could work.

If we were to take Sannu and he panned out, that would give the Giants three young receivers to build with. But there are a lot of needs at least in terms of depth for the roster. Not to mention the money the team will be putting into the position re-signing Cruz and Nicks. I would lean toward signing a veteran to fill the 3WR, or at least have them battle with Jernigan or Barden etc. for that spot. Now that this group has two Super Bowls in the bag, how about welcoming back Burress? There's a big red zone target and unlike with the Jets, the Giants won't need to rely on him to be an integral part of the offense thanks to Cruz and Nicks. As long as he understands his role and the Giants front office is on board it could work.

New Orleans will have trouble signing all of their free agent receivers. Love a guy like Meacham. Even Ted Ginn Jr is a viable option and can put some sizzle in the return game to boot.

I really don't see the giants drafting WR in round 1.

I'm pretty interested to see the battle for the 3rd wr spot once Manningham likely leaves. I'm hoping with a full offseason and training camp we see Jernigan step up.

I think Thomas will take 3rd.

We certainly have talent capable of replacing Manningham in the roster.

Jj (more of a slot guy IMO) (Cruz's strength) need a guy to line up outside in 3wr sets and I'm Not sure Jj is meant for that role.

Thomas has upside and is a nice STer, but who knows if he can be our #3.

Barden certainly has the ability to be a playmaker and take Manninghams job and be a threat on the outside and make some circus catches, but 3 years in now and he hasn't shown a whole lot. I wanna say he's the guy, but in all likelihood this is his last chance and Reese is Not gonna put his eggs into bardens basket at this point. If Barden gets the job, he'll have to earn it, Thad for sure.

Hixon is fried and never was anything special to begin with as a WR, anyone who says otherwise is overatimg his abilitys. Plus like I said his knee is fried most likely.

Now a guy like Sannu can cone here and give Eli 3 legitimate dangerous young weapons at WR. It's more luxury then need, but in today's NFL I consider having 3 really good WRs a need. Hey it was a big part of winning us a superbowl this year, huge part actually. But Sannu is a pretty safe pick and can be a top flight stud like Nicks if all goes well. Well see , and whatever does happen on draft day, in Reese I trust.