SportsWrath

BadEgg

JMFP

nfl_g_pierre_paul_sy_200.jpg

Here is what I'll say. I was not overly impressed by either team and although anything is possible the Cowboys will most likely fulfill my 8-8 prediction, which is fine. But I give credit to the Giants offensive line for keeping Manning upright. Rob Ryan was a big help because he tends to run the type of defense that he wants to despite the fact that he does not yet have the talent to do it (hence my original 8-8 prediction). But we'll see...

Here is what I'll say. I was not overly impressed by either team and although anything is possible the Cowboys will most likely fulfill my 8-8 prediction, which is fine. But I give credit to the Giants offensive line for keeping Manning upright. Rob Ryan was a big help because he tends to run the type of defense that he wants to despite the fact that he does not yet have the talent to do it (hence my original 8-8 prediction). But we'll see...

The Frankenline. The line is actually playing better without some starters and guys moving around. Although I did see Diehl get used a few times. The guy is 31 and still saving the Giants collective asses. Never the less it would not suprise me if Dallas took the division when they play again at MetLife. Either way IMO neither team will make it to the NFCC.

Hey didn't you and I have an agreement that you would never post here again after the Giants beat NE in the superbowl? LMAO!!!!

without seeing the game in its entirity, this is what the dog took away from last night...whichever team represents the NFC East will be no serious threat to going far in the playoffs...those defenses were putrid for both teams, and the dog doesn't see either of them fixing any of it in the upcoming weeks...it goes back to what the dog said weeks ago - the NFC East rep will be a placeholder in the playoffs...

Entirity is an interesting word.

All we need to do is get in. We're still road warriors.

with all due respect, the dog is looking at a defense that has yet to play very well in just about every game this year (the dog can't think off hand when they played well for an entire game on defense, the second eagle game being probably the best performance, which culminated in an 18 play drive that was allowed to vince young), and not seeing any potential of winning in the playoffs, at least not more than a game, let alone 3.

LOL

You guys are poor sports.........either team is capable of running the table......we beat the Packers last week and I have the photo of Ballards knee to prove it <_<

BaddEgg you have the unfortunate situation of being in our Division, we have your number......I hope you make it in as a WC....good luck

We are headed to Lambeau to right the Refs wrong........... :05-mafia:

LOL

You guys are poor sports.........either team is capable of running the table......we beat the Packers last week and I have the photo of Ballards knee to prove it <_<

BaddEgg you have the unfortunate situation of being in our Division, we have your number......I hope you make it in as a WC....good luck

We are headed to Lambeau to right the Refs wrong........... :05-mafia:

the dog is going on record to tell you that based on what has been observed from both teams, neither one of them has any chance of "running the table"...these teams will have to rely on everything going near perfect for them, as well as having things go wrong for the opponents...in 3 straight games. Not going to happen. Lightening in a bottle is just that, and doesn't come around twice.

I heard a saying before about potential being a double edge sword. I don't know much about Dallas' defense aside from the usual "strong front 7, weak secondary" that I keep hearing in the media. They were very aggressive last night and it played into Eli's hands.

As far as we go... at times they look amazing and at times I'm amazed at how horrible they are. There's far too many miscommunications and misreads. I don't understand it. Just look as Dez Bryant's TD last night as an example. Both Webster and Grant(?) sat on the short route and Bryant was open enough to have a damn bbq. Why did this even happen? Why don't our defenders KNOW THEIR OWN assignments? In some cases I'm seeing physical breakdowns (Williams getting his ankles broken by Felix Jones last night, and Ross being torched by... everyone) but most of the time it looks like mental errors. Are these guys just not smart enough for a zone based D?

the dog is going on record to tell you that based on what has been observed from both teams, neither one of them has any chance of "running the table"...these teams will have to rely on everything going near perfect for them, as well as having things go wrong for the opponents...in 3 straight games. Not going to happen. Lightening in a bottle is just that, and doesn't come around twice.

once again if you are visually challenged we beat the packers and i have the photo to prove it

mire in your misery when we in another super bowl

I heard a saying before about potential being a double edge sword. I don't know much about Dallas' defense aside from the usual "strong front 7, weak secondary" that I keep hearing in the media. They were very aggressive last night and it played into Eli's hands.

As far as we go... at times they look amazing and at times I'm amazed at how horrible they are. There's far too many miscommunications and misreads. I don't understand it. Just look as Dez Bryant's TD last night as an example. Both Webster and Grant(?) sat on the short route and Bryant was open enough to have a damn bbq. Why did this even happen? Why don't our defenders KNOW THEIR OWN assignments? In some cases I'm seeing physical breakdowns (Williams getting his ankles broken by Felix Jones last night, and Ross being torched by... everyone) but most of the time it looks like mental errors. Are these guys just not smart enough for a zone based D?

Good question but I don't think this personnel plays well in zone/Tampa 2/Cover 2. It seems they excel more at man to man but some DCs are not good at tailoring to what players you have so Fewell has a bottom 25 defense in every stat. Basically the O needs to score 30+ points to ensure a win.

Good question but I don't think this personnel plays well in zone/Tampa 2/Cover 2. It seems they excel more at man to man but some DCs are not good at tailoring to what players you have so Fewell has a bottom 25 defense in every stat. Basically the O needs to score 30+ points to ensure a win.

Also players have to be able to trust that the other guy will do his job; Zone D cannot work with any free lancing or guys trying to do too much. You also need one or better two guys a linebacker and/or a safety that are well versed in zone play so as to do the signal calling, adjustments and hand off of responsibilities in the secondary. Man is more instinctual...zone requires study and discipline.

Lightning in a bottle. Lightening in a bottle would be what you use on your hair, stud.