SportsWrath

Just heard on ESPN Radio Vegas Insiders have Giants by 14

JackStroud

No this is a Vegas Insiders subscription site....apparently a site betters pay big money to get advice from

They have us winning by 14 and by far the Bet of the week.......effectively 17 and a half points

ah yes, the special exclusive sight with the secret formula that never loses.

LOL. Bit old ta be believin' in Leprechauns aren't ya Jackie Boy?

NFL lines are the result of a very large, very liquid, transparent market which accounts for their uncanny accuracy over time. Or so modern game theory would claim.

all that aside, I DO have a super secret predictive model. I am currently 107 - 85 against the Wednesday CBS sports line. That's a little below 56% and is first in a pool with 64 participants.

NFL lines are the result of a very large, very liquid, transparent market which accounts for their uncanny accuracy over time. Or so modern game theory would claim.

all that aside, I DO have a super secret predictive model. I am currently 107 - 85 against the Wednesday CBS sports line. That's a little below 56% and is first in a pool with 64 participants.

As I said I would like a win is a win is a win........at this point in the season 1 point will do

2-0 in OT will do..........but would be agonizing to watch

One thing you do not want is a big TD play early on......like Travis Beckum.....those early leads usually end badly as the team relaxes too much

when I saw that play my heart sunk a bit

14, 3 1/2.....pretty close. :facepalm:

Getting would mean they are +3 1/2, too....underdogs. But they are away, so the home team gives 3 for being away. So that means they essentially view it as a push or, close to a push.

Jack's an idiot.

It takes one to know one........I'm just repeating what I hear on the Colin Cowherd ESPN radio show.......he's the biggest Cowboy fan on earth, but he and the rest of Cowboy land seem to be resigned to their fate.....the callers on Sirius that are Cowboy fans are ready to jump off a building and the game has not even been played yet.

they realize they might be over-matched

They all site 4 things- Eli>Romo, Our D line>than theirs, our O-Line>theirs, and The Bradshaw factor

Actually NFL lines are para-mutual betting, the line is determined by which way the public is laying down their hard earned cash.......there is no "intelligence" involved.

Thats how you got that crazy 20 point NE spread.

You can ridicule that newsletter all you want........go for it

Actually NFL lines are para-mutual betting, the line is determined by which way the public is laying down their hard earned cash.......there is no "intelligence" involved.

Thats how you got that crazy 20 point NE spread.

You can ridicule that newsletter all you want........go for it

Here is a nice article but I dont think he knew how critical Bradshaw and Jacobs runs were

http://www.sbrforum.com/nfl-football/free-picks/week-14-nfl-picks-new-york-giants-vs-dallas-cowboys-odds-a-22362/

Well you got the first part right Jack. But to say that there is no "intelligence" involved flies in the face of a great deal of mathematical and statistical evidence to the contrary. ( Game Theory )

Empirical evidence also shows the frequent accuracy of spreads derived through para mutual betting.

But hey, if you want to buy into the super insiders who know what really goes on buy all means buy their tout sheets.

Well you got the first part right Jack. But to say that there is no "intelligence" involved flies in the face of a great deal of mathematical and statistical evidence to the contrary. ( Game Theory )

Empirical evidence also shows the frequent accuracy of spreads derived through para mutual betting.

But hey, if you want to buy into the super insiders who know what really goes on buy all means buy their tout sheets.

I just thought it might make you guys sleep a tiny bit easier that one of these $500 a week pickers has the Giants as the bet of the week and a 14 point winner..........suprising Colin Cowherd would tell us this though......if his Cowboys lose big Sunday night Colin's............"Gonna have a lots of Spainin to do Lucy!!!"