SportsWrath

NFL Coaching tape.

BlueInCanada

Good video on NFL.com about "coaching tape" and how players study up from week to week. Has a segment from Eli as well and some examples of how we dont always see everything on game day.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/09000d5d824778ce/The-secrets-of-coaching-tape?module=HP11_content_stream

Kinda wish we could get a hold of these tapes sometime, makes you wonder what the Giants have been studying the last couple of weeks.

Very interesting. It's fun to try and break games down but I try not to get too caught up in the X's and O's. Loved the sound byte between Vermeil and Jaworski: "I want you to hear me when I say this....you never have to worry about me jerkin ya"

they were showing this on NFL Films yesterday, cool segment. Proves most fans have no idea, what the hell we are talking about.

LOL, I know.... NFL Network's Playbook features Joe Theismann and Matt Millen breaking down film... its as if to say, 'fans, these are probably the two dumbest people employed by the NFL... and they both know way more football than all of you." And I learn something every time I watch.

That goes for any profession...its another reason why a lot of professional athletes are secretly in contempt of most sports writers; if not openly hostile. I can see where a writer like say Gary Myers would get on my last nerve. He writes about football as if he played in the first ten Superbowls and coached the last thirty. :rolleyes: Its goes for any profession where you can have informed amateurs/outsiders whereas the rest of the lay public only has the slightest clue. The reason why athletes get hit so hard is because many of those amateurs and the lay public played some of these games, so we think we have some insight into the professional ranks.