SportsWrath

Missing Perriloux- Any chance we resign him?

JackStroud

Can you tell me if we an move Perriloux off the practice squad to the regular squad Lughead?

The other posting does not cover it.

yeah we can If we cut some one else off the 53 man roster or they get IR'd but lets say Osi get's IR'd after 5 games do you think they would activate QB Perrilloux or DE Trattou ??????? its your decision jack make it wisely ....

QB is a lot about swagger

this kid has swagger

Kerry Collins for instance had none

The beating Carr took in Houston destroyed any he might have had

Eli's comes and goes depending upon God knows what

I want to see more of Perriloux........hes got "it" whatever "it"is

in him and the new RB I think we are beginning to see the look and personnel of the next generation Giants team

I really like Perilloux as well, he displayed a cannon arm, great poise and confidence. Showed the ability to make good decisions and go through all the checkdowns. He's also a very good athlete.

He does have a ton of upside especially compared to Carr and Sage.

I am a little surprised that we didn't keep 3 QBs to make room and keep him since he could have easily been the #2 next year.

This kid is a future NFL starter and maybe even pro

Bowler with the proper coaching and development. That's if he keeps his head on straight.

Let us pray that he stays on the PS for the year. Real longshor though.

I thought he looked better than any other QB we had in pre-season

Including Eli, and had more potential........this is the type of QB the Eagles are using against us......

He could have come in on 3rd and long and run the wildcat

Any chance we can re-claim him?

Oh, g-zus.

You've seen him play once, against 3rd stringers. Yes, he looked good. Against 3rd stringers. I hope he develops further on the practice squad, so that one day, he looks good against 2nd stringers as well as 3rd stringers.

It would be nice if, in a couple of years, we could pull a Kolb.

It wasnt because of the level he played against.

As Osi4dsack points out he was very poised, moved nicely, good footwork, excellent spiral and follow through, he seemed on the short ones to have the exact right pace and trajectory on the ball, he appeared supremely confident............Eli has been a SB MVP and is still lacking in some of these areas

Also a lot of people jump on Eli to throw the ball away.........what I see is a guy who is not quick enough to set his feet to throw it away that quickly.....I don't think its a mental problem but more a physical one.

give the kid some credit. not everyone who steps under center has even a couple of these characteristics.............the one that comes to mind who "looks like" Perriloux is Eli's big brother..............confidence, not arrogance

PS- What off field issues has this kid had??.............bearing in mind few college kids are choir boys.......some get caught some don't

Do you guys seriously think David Carr can get more than 8-8 performance out of this team?...........his flub on the 1 yd line was familiar..........I think I've seen Kerry Collins do stupid things like that 100 times

It wasnt because of the level he played against.

Sure it is, Jack. I'm not saying he'll never amount to anything, or even that he didn't look good--just that a quarter or so of play against 3rd stringers isn't a whole lot to go by.

There's something definitely there, and we're in agreement on that. I'm glad he's on the practice squad. I'm just more reserved about how far I'm going to go with the enthusiasm. I'd be delighted to have him develop into a good backup, or even better, wind up trading him for a pick. Considering he was a UDFA, that would be a great outcome.

again the way the QB moves in the pocket and arm strength are "NOT GOING AGAINST ANYBODY"

We were commenting about his demeanor, his footwork, poise, and arm strength

ALL were the best I've seen in a back up QB...........I dont care if it was a run through, he looked fantastic

Can he do it in the heat of 1st string battle? Who knows, but he has the essentials to succeed........compare his body language to say a Rex Grossman......or Tim Tebow.......or our old friend Kerry Collins (that should be interesting)

I'm not saying replace Eli with Perriloux........I'm saying he should be the 2nd optoion......not Carr who is born to lose

Sometimes you are offered lightning in a bottle........you should uncork it

Thank Goodness we at least were able to re-sign him to the practice squad after he cleared waivers........what the heck did this kid do anyway commit some unpardonable sin like Tiki (Coughlin is tough to work for and Eli is not yet a true leader) .........you would think Tiki had shot the Pope though both statements at that time were true, and to some extent still are

I'd like to see him as Eli's back up running a wildcat when we need to kick it up a bit........like inside the imfamous "GREEN" zone......which admittedly carr can do also........Carr is very fast and shifty

PS- could you please get rid of the flashing dog..........makes you look like some kind of voodoo nut case, and its extremely annoying