SportsWrath

Antother Giants TE is now Gone

Lughead

Happens right after we lose one who could catch one pass a game.

Bear Pascoe not only has a far more impressive name....well I take that back Kevin Boss had BOSS....but he also was below average if not average in the Hedgecock Swing Pass compared to the namesake of the Giants saving offensive play on third downs.

I'm pushing for Bear Pascoe this season. Starting at TE or FB.

Bear Pascoe not only has a far more impressive name....well I take that back Kevin Boss had BOSS....but he also was below average if not average in the Hedgecock Swing Pass compared to the namesake of the Giants saving offensive play on third downs.

I'm pushing for Bear Pascoe this season. Starting at TE or FB.

Same, alot of people have been saying his production last ear, albeit small, was a result of heart trumping talent. Might be true, but I liked what I saw from him and hope he gets the nod to start.

Ben Patrick is stepping away from the NFL for an undetermined amount of time.

Patrick, a Jenkins High School graduate who signed a one-year contract with the New York Giants on Monday, told the Savannah Morning News on Saturday night that he needs to take care of “some personal issues and family issues.”

“I decided (Friday) night that I needed to step away to handle some personal issues and some family issues,” Patrick, 26, said from his home in Arizona. “I’ve got some issues that I need to work through and, obviously, that much of a distraction wouldn’t allow me to perform and prepare in football like I need to. I decided to step away for awhile to handle these personal and family issues.

“There are some things that I have to handle and need to handle, and I need to step away from the game. I appreciate everybody’s support but also ask for a little privacy until these matters are resolved.”

Patrick, a 6-foot-3, 264-pound tight end, was preparing for his fifth season in the NFL. He signed with the Giants as an unrestricted free agent after playing four seasons with the Arizona Cardinals.

As a Cardinal, Patrick made 45 catches for 446 yards and four touchdowns, including a touchdown catch in Super Bowl XLIII against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

“Just as I was beginning to move forward, I began to realize that things were going to be too much of a distraction to prepare the way you need to prepare in the NFL,” he said. “I don’t know if I’ll come to Savannah for a little bit. Right now, I’m just sorting through some things and figuring out my next move. Hopefully, I’ll be able to return (to the NFL) sooner rather than later.”

In January, Patrick visited Jenkins High School, where he was a three-sport star in football, basketball and baseball before graduating in 2002. He was honored by Jenkins for donating $17,000 to help upgrade the Warriors’ weight room, which is named after him.

Patrick did not play football until he was a senior at Jenkins. He said he only did so in order to become eligible to win Savannah’s Ashley Dearing Award, which is symbolic of the city’s most versatile male athlete. To win the award, an athlete must participate in football, basketball and a spring sport.

The Cardinals selected Patrick out of the University of Delaware in the seventh round (215th pick overall) of the 2007 NFL draft.

Patrick played three seasons (2003-05) at Duke University, where he graduated in May 2006 with a bachelor’s degree in African and African American Studies. He transferred to Delaware and played one season (2006), becoming a consensus All-American and earning a master’s degree in Education Administration.

link