SportsWrath

Antonio Pierce on Sirrius NFL radio

xxi-xxv

A.P was on with Shein and Wilcots this afternoon, they touched on many things, A.P.'s rehab, his relationship with his teammates, the fact he loves the Giants and the hard work that this coaching staff puts in day in and day out, the uneasy feeling he got seeing the playoff game, it killed him etc etc etc. then they touched on everyones favorite 2006 offseason subject .... LAVAR ARRINGTON.

some highlights

LA wants to played in the NFC east and most importantly wants to stick it to the Skins and pay them back for the way he feels he was treated(whatever that is?)

LA took a physical today.

LA is a great teammate, smart player and as athletic as any teammate AP has ever had

LA is in the best shape that AP has ever seen him.

AP told LA and this is a paraphrase that "maybe he will have to take a little less money to play here as compared to places like Miami and JAX and GB, but he wants to play here and AP told him that this team is as close to being a consistent championship contender as any he has ever been on, he cannot speak for the other teams mentioned but he told LA that this organization is head and shoulders above any he has ever played with or heard of, class all the way, said LA realizes this and he hopes a deal gets done".

AP said with OSI, STrahan and LA it would be next to impossible for defenses to double team all three.

AP said that despite the 26 sacks between the d ends and constant pressure that the DE's got the secondary failed to make plays. WIthout knocking Allen and Alexander he said that this was an area they all knew had to improve on and the additions of Demps and Madison in AP's opinion will fix this. Cannot imagine the plays that the back 4 could make with an LA in there as well.

AP loves the secondary depth with McQuarters and is hoping that Will Peterson is 100%, said WP was the rock to the secondary and when he went down it was a huge underrated loss.

Said he will be talking to LA again.

Well do not know how I feel about all this other than to say that AP is a great leader on this defense and his endorsement of his teamates ad organization is a wonderful thing to hear. This is a man you want leading your defense in battle. With that said I think unless La gets blown out of the water someplace else, he will be here, possibly on an incentive laden deal or one that is one year with a gamble for a huge payday down the road.

Not sure how I feel, but it sure sounds like AP is telling us all what he wants.

If we end up signing Lavar, it wouldn't surprise me to see a backloaded deal. I forget who was explaining it but the 50+ million dollar deal Julian Peterson signed with Seattle is more likely to be a 2-3 year deal worth much less. It allows the Seahawks some outs. The Poston's wrote that deal. It wouldn't surprise me to see them write a similar one for Arrington with NY.

A.P was on with Shein and Wilcots this afternoon, they touched on many things, A.P.'s rehab, his relationship with his teammates, the fact he loves the Giants and the hard work that this coaching staff puts in day in and day out, the uneasy feeling he got seeing the playoff game, it killed him etc etc etc. then they touched on everyones favorite 2006 offseason subject .... LAVAR ARRINGTON.

some highlights

LA wants to played in the NFC east and most importantly wants to stick it to the Skins and pay them back for the way he feels he was treated(whatever that is?)

LA took a physical today.

LA is a great teammate, smart player and as athletic as any teammate AP has ever had

LA is in the best shape that AP has ever seen him.

AP told LA and this is a paraphrase that "maybe he will have to take a little less money to play here as compared to places like Miami and JAX and GB, but he wants to play here and AP told him that this team is as close to being a consistent championship contender as any he has ever been on, he cannot speak for the other teams mentioned but he told LA that this organization is head and shoulders above any he has ever played with or heard of, class all the way, said LA realizes this and he hopes a deal gets done".

AP said with OSI, STrahan and LA it would be next to impossible for defenses to double team all three.

AP said that despite the 26 sacks between the d ends and constant pressure that the DE's got the secondary failed to make plays. WIthout knocking Allen and Alexander he said that this was an area they all knew had to improve on and the additions of Demps and Madison in AP's opinion will fix this. Cannot imagine the plays that the back 4 could make with an LA in there as well.

AP loves the secondary depth with McQuarters and is hoping that Will Peterson is 100%, said WP was the rock to the secondary and when he went down it was a huge underrated loss.

Said he will be talking to LA again.

Well do not know how I feel about all this other than to say that AP is a great leader on this defense and his endorsement of his teamates ad organization is a wonderful thing to hear. This is a man you want leading your defense in battle. With that said I think unless La gets blown out of the water someplace else, he will be here, possibly on an incentive laden deal or one that is one year with a gamble for a huge payday down the road.

Not sure how I feel, but it sure sounds like AP is telling us all what he wants.

Thanks, that was fucking awesome...