SportsWrath

We are in trouble

Bigblue25

:TD:

The Dallas Cowboys hired Rob Ryan as their new defensive coordinator, a league source confirmed Sunday.

r_ryan_101212_IA.jpg Rob Ryan is the Dallas Cowboys' new defensive coordinator. (Mike Groll/Associated Press) NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora previously reported that Ryan and the Cowboys met Friday, and both sides came away impressed.

Ryan has one year remaining on his contract with the Cleveland Browns, but he wasn't expected to return after the team fired coach Eric Mangini and replaced him with St. Louis Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur. Dick Jauron is the front-runner to take over the Browns' defense, La Canfora reported.

The Cowboys had been seeking a full-time defensive coordinator since firing Wade Phillips, who ran the unit in addition to being coach. Paul Pasqualoni served as the interim defensive coordinator under Jason Garrett for the last part of the 2010 season, but he accepted the University of Connecticut's head-coaching job last week.

Ryan, the twin brother of New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan, has coached in the NFL for 12 years. He was defensive coordinator in Cleveland for two seasons and held the same job with the Oakland Raiders for five seasons.

The Cowboys and Jets are scheduled to play each other next season at New Meadowlands Stadium, meaning the Ryan brothers will match wits.

lets hope he just gets a headcoaching job somewhere after 1 year so hes not down there for a while, the guys a good d-coordinator.

He is a good coordinatoor, I am surprised he hasn't gotten a HC job yet. He's not ho hum like Wade was either, and Dallas does have alot of talent on D he will get them more motivated. Which could spell trouble.

He is a good coordinatoor, I am surprised he hasn't gotten a HC job yet. He's not ho hum like Wade was either, and Dallas does have alot of talent on D he will get them more motivated. Which could spell trouble.

Good, the Giants have to show up.

well Fewell is back and we might have a new OC although I like Kevin Gilbride, he does not fumble

Take away all the fumbles and put Kiwi and Plax back on the 2010 team and we might be facing the Jets in Dallas

:LMAO::TU:

Who is not a good defensive co-ordinator? Are we talking about Fewell or the other Ryan brother??

I'm confused here

I thought Fewell was pretty good but had a bad couple of games......I do not blame Gilbride for the the fumbles and ill-advised high throws and shovel passes to the opponents

Coughlin I do blame for not punishing Jacobs and Bradshaw for fumbling.............he should have put in Danny Ware until those two lunkheads realized the game is called FOOTBALL and they were carrying "THE FOOTBALL" :rolleyes:

Who is not a good defensive co-ordinator? Are we talking about Fewell or the other Ryan brother??

I'm confused here

I thought Fewell was pretty good but had a bad couple of games......I do not blame Gilbride for the the fumbles and ill-advised high throws and shovel passes the opponents

Coughlin I do blame for not punishing Jacob and Bradshaw for fumbling.............he should have put in Danny Ware until those two lunkheads realized the game is called FOOTBALL and they were carrying "THE FOOTBALL" :rolleyes:

you are the only person who brought up fewell.

and you also managed to bring up coughlin as if he has anything to do with the dallas DC job.

, and Dallas does have alot of talent on D

really?

DeMarcus Ware is a nice player but it drops off pretty steeply from there.

Olshansky and Bowen would not start for us.

Ratliff might take Canty's spot but that is not certain.

Scandrick? Newman? Jenkins? I am underwhelmed

really?

And Ware played with no fire this year. He disappeared for games at a time.

Ratliff and Canty play different positions (better comparison is Ratliff to Cofield), but I think most Dallas fans would tell you that Olshansky/Bowen was a downgrade from Canty. And that Dallas secondary...so incredibly bad...maybe the worst in the NFL.

really?

They have more talent then Cleveland, was my point. Spencer is good on the other side of Ware and Bradie James is good. Ratliff played well. My point was the whole D, actually the whole team showed no fire under Phillips. I think Rob Ryan will get them to play with a fire under their belly.