SportsWrath

Is the Giants defense worn down?

mastershake

I know he's an offensive guy, but Coughlin's giant teams over the years have had a propensity for not only playing injured players too frequently, but more importantly, having a bad rotation on defense. For instance, Thomas, Webster, Phillips, and Rolle are out there 100% of the time. I'm pretty sure Boley is too. Other guys, Cofield, Tuck, Osi, Grant, etc are out there like 95% of the time, only a few plays off. In fact, I don't think we've rotated the linebackers at all this year. It's basically been the same three out there before Sintim went down, and even a four linebacker rotation is too little.

I know these are your defensive starters and stars, and maybe we don't have the best talent behind them, but you gotta give them a rest once in a while to keep them fresh, and so they don't wear down over the course of a season.

I know he's an offensive guy, but Coughlin's giant teams over the years have had a propensity not only play injured players too frequently, but more importantly, bad rotation on defense. For instance, Thomas, Webster, Phillips, and Rolle are out there 100% of the time. I'm pretty sure Boley is too. Other guys, Cofield, Tuck, Osi, Grant, etc are out there like 95% of the time, only a few plays off. In fact, I don't think we've rotated the linebackers at all this year. It's basically been the same three out there before Sintim went down, and even a four linebacker rotation is too little.

I know these are your defensive starters and stars, and maybe we don't have the best talent behind them, but you gotta give them a rest once in a while to keep them fresh, and so they don't wear down over the course of a season.

Fewell did indicate at the beginning of the season, he wanted his best eleven out there as much as possible.

Its certainly something to consider. Regardless of what kind of depth we have, linebacker is a must to upgrade. I also wouldn`t mind looking into a new nickel corner to challenge Ross next season in camp. I will say this about the defense. They sure as hell didn`t look worn down for the first 52 minutes of the Eagle game. What happened after that and this past Sunday is another story. They effectively destroyed an entire season of work in 68 minutes. Its impossibly bad and almost takes conscious effort to fail at the level they did.

I think teams simply figured out how to beat what we have been putting out on the field this season. Its not the first time this has happened. Now when they find a linebacker they want to keep out there for three downs and not be a liability, well then this might stop happening.

Teams are beating us deep because we're bringing in our safeties to stop the run who happen to be better than our linebackers at the job.

I think teams simply figured out how to beat what we have been putting out on the field this season. Its not the first time this has happened. Now when they find a linebacker they want to keep out there for three downs and not be a liability, well then this might stop happening.

Teams are beating us deep because we're bringing in our safeties to stop the run who happen to be better than our linebackers at the job.

I'd really like to see us being physical and up on the wide receivers with TT and Corey Webster, too....instead of 10 yards off every play...

I'd really like to see us being physical and up on the wide receivers with TT and Corey Webster, too....instead of 10 yards off every play...

Yeah Im really sick of seeing that too. Webster and Thomas are big corners. Fewell needs to use that to his advantage in his schemes. Rodgers was taking a lot of three step drops to combat our pass rush and the cushion they were giving the receivers made it easier than it should have been. It reminded me quite a bit of Tim Lewis and the two Wills. Needless to say those are times I would like to forget.

It would be really cool if we could play 3 good linebackers.