SportsWrath

The Good and the Bad - going into this season

BleedinBlue

I think there's a lot of good reasons to be optimistic about the upcoming season. I only have a couple of concerns.

Offensive line: If everyone can get back to health, we should be solid with depth all around. The young understudies have a good future on this team and Andrews looks like he might be a good fit.

Defensive line: solid with depth. There is going to be so much competition for playing time that these guys are going to go all out whenever they get the chance to prove they deserve more playing time. Pierre-Paul looks raw, but good. Love the new guy Joseph.

Wide Recievers: what a wonderful problem to have - too many good recievers and can't keep them all. Smith and Nicks look awesome and Manningham is a wild card that can break a game open on a good day. Cruz looks like he's the real deal. Barden is a bit disappointing to me because I hyped on him so much. Certainly not ready to give up on him yet though. Moss is history - finally

Running backs: Jacobs is pissed because he's the number 2 back now.....boo hoo, maybe he'll get the fire back in his tank and start bowling over people again like he used to. Hopefully, he goes into games to prove to the coaches he should be the starting RB rather than whine about it. Andre Brown and Danny Ware appear to be solid depth.

Linebackers: again, a good problem to have as we'll have to cut a legitimate player. Goff impressed the hell out of me last night. It's like he grew into a man all the sudden.

Safeties: far better than last year. I don't believe teams will be creating their game plans this year around throwing the ball to anyone being covered by a Giants' safety. Rolle looks good and Grant seems solid. I sure hope Phillips is back 100%, but would like a little more depth here in case he relaspses. I sure wish Chad Jones hadn't gotten hurt. I don't think Busing is going to scare opposing teams.

Concerns

Cornerbacks: Man I wish we had a little more depth here....especially with Ross hurting. We could really, really use a stud corner to throw into the mix.

Tight ends: really happy to see Boss back in play last night - that's a relief. Hopefully, one of the backups steps up and shows himself to be a man

Backup QB: I have good and bad feelings about Bomer being Eli's backup. The good news is that Eli rarely gets hurt and when he does, he still plays. But there is that one chance that he could get hurt bad enough to miss a few games. I think Bomer will pan out in time, but he's still a concern of mine.

Regardless.....I feel pretty good about going into regular season play next week.

I think there's a lot of good reasons to be optimistic about the upcoming season. I only have a couple of concerns.

Offensive line: If everyone can get back to health, we should be solid with depth all around. The young understudies have a good future on this team and Andrews looks like he might be a good fit.

Defensive line: solid with depth. There is going to be so much competition for playing time that these guys are going to go all out whenever they get the chance to prove they deserve more playing time. Pierre-Paul looks raw, but good. Love the new guy Joseph.

Wide Recievers: what a wonderful problem to have - too many good recievers and can't keep them all. Smith and Nicks look awesome and Manningham is a wild card that can break a game open on a good day. Cruz looks like he's the real deal. Barden is a bit disappointing to me because I hyped on him so much. Certainly not ready to give up on him yet though. Moss is history - finally

Running backs: Jacobs is pissed because he's the number 2 back now.....boo hoo, maybe he'll get the fire back in his tank and start bowling over people again like he used to. Hopefully, he goes into games to prove to the coaches he should be the starting RB rather than whine about it. Andre Brown and Danny Ware appear to be solid depth.

Linebackers: again, a good problem to have as we'll have to cut a legitimate player. Goff impressed the hell out of me last night. It's like he grew into a man all the sudden.

Safeties: far better than last year. I don't believe teams will be creating their game plans this year around throwing the ball to anyone being covered by a Giants' safety. Rolle looks good and Grant seems solid. I sure hope Phillips is back 100%, but would like a little more depth here in case he relaspses. I sure wish Chad Jones hadn't gotten hurt. I don't think Busing is going to scare opposing teams.

Concerns

Cornerbacks: Man I wish we had a little more depth here....especially with Ross hurting. We could really, really use a stud corner to throw into the mix.

Tight ends: really happy to see Boss back in play last night - that's a relief. Hopefully, one of the backups steps up and shows himself to be a man

Backup QB: I have good and bad feelings about Bomer being Eli's backup. The good news is that Eli rarely gets hurt and when he does, he still plays. But there is that one chance that he could get hurt bad enough to miss a few games. I think Bomer will pan out in time, but he's still a concern of mine.

Regardless.....I feel pretty good about going into regular season play next week.

pretty much agree with this. I would add as a positive on the D line that Alford looked good last night. Secondary is a big issue across the board really. Ross will be hampered. Planter Fascia problems are a bitch. We may have to try and push Rolle into a nickel role at times which means we are thin at S as well.

I was hoping to see a lot more out of Sintim this preseason. You'd think his set of skills would make him the obvious choice for blitzing. I'm sold on Boley and Goff as starters but I guess Bulluck will be the third starting LB.

I think Sintim will come around. It's rare that a college star steps up to the pro level without a lot of work. As he gets more and more experience, I think he will start to blossom into what was expected of him. However, if he looks lost after another year or so.......it's certainly not good for his future.

about your rb's, i hope we keep gartrell johnson over dj ware.

I don't know. Ware had 60 yards last night and averaged 4.6 yds per carry.....plus he caught a pass for an 8-yard pickup.

Gartrell looked good also, but he only averaged 4.2 yds per carry (still, very good) and had 50 yds.

I think Ware has a little more experience and has the inside line for the job.

I don't know. Ware had 60 yards last night and averaged 4.6 yds per carry.....plus he caught a pass for an 8-yard pickup.

Gartrell looked good also, but he only averaged 4.2 yds per carry (still, very good) and had 50 yds.

ware's also often injured.

I think it's Brown that should be worried.

Concerns

Good write-up....agree with the concerns at corner. Hope Goff has really stepped up.

Concerns

Agree for the most part. IF our O line stays healthy is becoming a bigger IF than in the past. I'd like to see our O line depth increased somewhere along the line. I do like bringing in Andrews. Would not have minded taking a look at Mawai at some point...who last I saw, is still unsigned..

I'm still not completely sold on our LB core. They're seemingly better than last year, but that isn't saying a lot. Hopefully, if opposing QBs don't have 12 seconds to get rid of the football, our LB and Secondary weaknesses won't be as exposed.

Aaron Ross is beginning to piss me off. I was stoked we drafted him...but the injuries have pretty must tested my patience to its breaking point. Time to stay healthy and play or hit the bricks.

Corner, LB, and O line are my bigger concerns, but all should be better than last year.