SportsWrath

As Axl would say, "where do we go now?"

Sephiroth

Well, it's undeniable that the 2009 New York Giants suck donkey dick. But what exactly are the problems, and what should be done to fix them?

You are Jerry Reese. What moves do you make in the offseason, within reason (that means you can't post on this thread, Jakk).

Here's mine:

1. Fire Sheridan and get the best D coordinator you can find in here. I'd like to see John Fox but I doubt he'll be available. If not Fox, then Lovie Smith is my next choice, followed by Romeo Crennel, or Dick Jauron.

2. Tell Jacobs he has to take a pay cut or send him packing. We can draft a guy at this point that does what he does. Bernard gets cut, and Canty's salary should be halved or show him the door, too (I have no idea what Reese was thinking with that signing... he's been average at best his entire career... he must have gotten Canty and Jay Ratliffe confused).

3. Pierce goes, and bring in a middle-priced free agent MLB to compete with Goff for the spot. I wouldn't mind seeing Kirk Morrison here, even though he's getting up there in age a little bit. If we don't get a MLB through free agency then we should pick one up via the draft.

4. Keep Osi. A new D coordinator will make him play like Osi Umenyiora again.

5. Go after a good safety in free agency, and draft the best one you can on day one. Kenny Phillips career is over, sadly.

That's mine. What's yours?

Well, it's undeniable that the 2009 New York Giants suck donkey dick. But what exactly are the problems, and what should be done to fix them?

You are Jerry Reese. What moves do you make in the offseason, within reason (that means you can't post on this thread, Jakk).

Here's mine:

1. Fire Sheridan and get the best D coordinator you can find in here. I'd like to see John Fox but I doubt he'll be available. If not Fox, then Lovie Smith is my next choice, followed by Romeo Crennel, or Dick Jauron.

2. Tell Jacobs he has to take a pay cut or send him packing. We can draft a guy at this point that does what he does. Bernard gets cut, and Canty's salary should be halved or show him the door, too (I have no idea what Reese was thinking with that signing... he's been average at best his entire career... he must have gotten Canty and Jay Ratliffe confused).

3. Pierce goes, and bring in a middle-priced free agent MLB to compete with Goff for the spot. I wouldn't mind seeing Kirk Morrison here, even though he's getting up there in age a little bit. If we don't get a MLB through free agency then we should pick one up via the draft.

4. Keep Osi. A new D coordinator will make him play like Osi Umenyiora again.

5. Go after a good safety in free agency, and draft the best one you can on day one. Kenny Phillips career is over, sadly.

That's mine. What's yours?

I'm totally with you on 1, 4 and 5, although I'm not certain Phillips' career is over. I think by training camp next year we will know more. But just in case, I'm going to try and draft for safety and linebacker in the first two rounds. If Eric Berry is there, draft him. If not, maybe Brandon Spikes is there, in which case, draft him. You are going to get a huge impact player at one of those positions. I would prefer getting a stud MLB through the draft because I don't think we can do that in free agency with the cap. Get a guy in here with fire AND talent who will make plays all over the field and we will be so much better. One of our existing players will emerge as the new leader of the defense next year and respond to the challenge of being more vocal. It might be Tuck, but it could be Boley. Either way, this team mostly needs to just be healthy.

The big re-sign that needs to be done is Barry Cofield.

I still like Canty and think by the time he really got going after his hamstring injury the season was just about lost. The guy didn't have the benefit of a training camp and I'm telling you right now, if the guy stays healthy he will have an impact next year that rivals what Michael Boley or Terrell Thomas did for us this year.

Getting Alford back will also be huge.

I think we need to add speed on offense. Probably a third running back. My pipe dream is CJ Spiller. But I don't think he'd be availabe in the draft where I would like the Giants to draft. I do not see the need to rid ourselves of Jacobs right now. Maybe he is done, like Marion Barber is in Dallas. But this time last year we were talking about how Jacobs was the most indispensable guy to our offense. We just need another back with explosion, or a third WR with similar play-making ability (a la Harvin in Minnesota).

Osi isn't back yet because of his surgery not because of lack of effort. Osi is a damn good player and I would hate to see him leave the Giants. Sheridan should get fired.. nothing against the guy but he's not fit for the job... Tim Lewis and Lynn come to mind... bringing a DC with fire and skill will do wonders for our D. As far as the Draft all I can think about is Cushing and Orakpo.... the Giants have to land a player in that mold.

Actually, Axl would take 14 years to get a team together then blame Best Buy for poor ticket sales.

Exactly.

He'd take Eli and start a team up in Toronto, and then call the team the "New York Giants."

I mean, c'mon! Eli is the whole team anyway! The other guys are just a bunch of guys... nobody ever came to see THEM!