SportsWrath

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

NightFire

I've been a regular critic of Killdrive, but this loss goes right on the defense. I can understand that NO is going to get their yards. but the Giants red zone defense has been piss poor this season. The Dallas game is another example.

Exactly, putting up 27 points on offense is plenty to win the game. You gotta be able to count on your D to be able to hold teams to only 2 or 3 touchdowns.

And I respectfully disagree with you, fuckface. (LOL, I fought this impulse for over a day, but it must have smoked some angel dust overnight. :freaked: Do NOT get offended, you know better.)

But seriously, after the field goal was kicked, our offense was keeping pace with them in the first half. And we've been feasting on the big play offense this entire season--we're right up there in passes of 20+ yards. Unfortunately, the fumble at the end of the half skewered that--which leaves us with the real problem Sunday:

You said it right there, Iceman: it's all about execution. They did, we didn't.

If there is no execution, you could have Belicheck and Don Coryell as coordinators, and the schemes aren't going to work. But we scored 17 points in the first half, and if we hadn't fumbled on that last drive and gotten some points instead, that game might have turned around. (After all, we had just had a goal-line stand.) Then again, maybe not...

Hell, I'm not even going to blame Sheridan for this one. I don't think there was a single defensive player that played up to their capability Sunday--sadly, with the possible exception of CC Brown.

Think about it: some of you are blaming Gilbride for getting out of his game plan, while simultaneously lambasting Sheridan for sticking with his.

Exactly fish. These 2 Co-ordinators shoved their heads into each other's asses and collective ended up soiling the field and themselves. It should have been other way around. Gilbride should have stuck to his plan and tried to control the clock (it was only the first quarter) and the runs were actually working (highest YPC this season) and tried to keep the defense and the Saints offense off the field. Whereas Sheridan should have abandoned his soft shit and gone more aggressive because clearly, Brees was having no trouble at all scoring on the current scheme. And Osi should have had a scimitar shoved up his ass.

Exactly fish. These 2 Co-ordinators shoved their heads into each other's asses and collective ended up soiling the field and themselves. It should have been other way around. Gilbride should have stuck to his plan and tried to control the clock (it was only the first quarter) and the runs were actually working (highest YPC this season) and tried to keep the defense and the Saints offense off the field. Whereas Sheridan should have abandoned his soft shit and gone more aggressive because clearly, Brees was having no trouble at all scoring on the current scheme. And Osi should have had a scimitar shoved up his ass.

I was goofing around at work and ran into the 5 keys to victory on nysportspage.com and guess what is number 5. Apparently I am not the only one who thought this would be a great way to slow down the Saints O.

5) Giants Over 200 yards Rushing They say the best defense is a good offense, and this is the week I want the Giants to show the NFL that they are THE BEST TEAM IN FOOTBALL. By establishing a smart running attack and controlling the line of scrimmage the Giants can keep Brees off of the field by controlling the game clock. This week, I expect Brandon Jacobs even though he is CBSSports' sit of the week in fantasy, to have a huge game, especially in the 2nd half. As I eluded to in the 2nd Key, Jacobs should be prepared to block the run-blitz on first down, and keep fresh for a 2nd half when I expect him to control the tempo of the game. Since Bradshaw is the shiftier back, I'd like to see Ahmad used in the 1st half a lot more, and avoid the run blitz with some screen catches and shifty footwork. If the Giants rush for over 200 yards they will assuredly win the game.

Yeah, again, that's a great strategy if they didn't jump all over us. 14-0 at our second possession. 20-3 by our third.

IF we had scored that first possession, and IF we showed any signs of being able to stop them; I could see your argument. But neither of these conditions were met. Maybe we would have lost by a slightly lower score with at least a 17 point difference.

That's what I'm saying.