SportsWrath

Jordin Sparks

Bigblue25

did anybody else find it strange that a Giants players daughter sung the national anthem for the opening of Cowboys Stadium <(jerk_it.gif ). She also sang the national anthem for super 42 a game we won,I know its got nothing to do with anything but there are Bills fan to this day that say cause Whitney Houston(a Newark native and die hard Gints fan) sang the national anthem was a bad omen for Super Bowl 25. I just found it strange that Phillipi's daughter was singing at the opening of their stadium and knew it would be good luck for us,I mean they couldn't get Carrie Underwood a texas native and gal pal to Tony Romo.

She seems to be the official anthem singer lately. I found it funny that they spent 1.1 billion on the stadium and $3.50 on the sound system (at least during the anthem)

and actually, phillipi was traded to the cowboys but he decided to retire rather than put on the star uni. good giant!

She seems to be the official anthem singer lately. I found it funny that they spent 1.1 billion on the stadium and $3.50 on the sound system (at least during the anthem)

and actually, phillipi was traded to the cowboys but he decided to retire rather than put on the star uni. good giant!

I do remember something with him and Dallas I think I used to have a Sparks jersey once upon a time, I do still have my Sehorn jersey from when they played together

You know, outside of us NY area football freaks, NOBODY knows Jordin Sparks is Philippi's daughter. In fact, outside of us, nobody knows who the hell Philippi Sparks is!

Oh, I don't know about that. There's about 60 million viewers of American Idol and the year that she won, she only brought it up about 50 times.

Hmmm, OK, full disclosure time - I have never seen nor do I have any intention of ever seeing American Idol, so I didn't realize that.

I understand.....a lot of people don't like singing competitions. Anyway, the year she won was a good year. Jordan's father was in the audience for every show and she was only 17 years old and when she sang, you could see his eyes glaze over and he would be fighting to keep from breaking out crying because he was just so proud of his little girl. I think it was more emotional for him when she won than it was for her.

Didn't he get traded because he hated Collins and called him a drunken wife beater?

I understand.....a lot of people don't like singing competitions. Anyway, the year she won was a good year. Jordan's father was in the audience for every show and she was only 17 years old and when she sang, you could see his eyes glaze over and he would be fighting to keep from breaking out crying because he was just so proud of his little girl. I think it was more emotional for him when she won than it was for her.

And you'd think I would have watched it, considering they lived in the same town and Jordin was in the same elementary school (though a few years behind) as my daughter and I regularly saw Philippi around the school. But as you say, some of us just don't give a damn for that stuff.